Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I've lost count over the last 5 years Brentford have been tipped for promotion on here. I think I might've even tipped them myself once? Then I realised they never go up because they're more or less guaranteed for one reason or another to have a dip that drops them too far off the pace to recover. Bristol City are the same. For as good as they are and some on here think they are the dogs b*ll***s, we still did the double over them last season and Johnson after the defeat at Hillsborough had a good old whinge over them being the better footballing side. Don't forget they dropped a 2 goal lead at Hillsborough once. They may be a decent side but I don't think either Johnson or the side are good enough to take them up TBH?

This is true,just a hunch is all i'm going on,if i was any  good at "betting/gambling" i wouldn't have to work for a living....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I've lost count over the last 5 years Brentford have been tipped for promotion on here. I think I might've even tipped them myself once? Then I realised they never go up because they're more or less guaranteed for one reason or another to have a dip that drops them too far off the pace to recover. Bristol City are the same. For as good as they are and some on here think they are the dogs b*ll***s, we still did the double over them last season and Johnson after the defeat at Hillsborough had a good old whinge over them being the better footballing side. Don't forget they dropped a 2 goal lead at Hillsborough once. They may be a decent side but I don't think either Johnson or the side are good enough to take them up TBH?

I know. This counting to five malarkey is so difficult.

One, two, three, ...erm, I know, I've got it, what's it? Four, yeah, four. Then, erm, deary me, what's next? poo , start again. One...

:Sid:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Haven’t club just made a few million in a sense?

Borner -1.5m

Odubajo - 2m

Harris - 2m

(rough guesses of worth now) 

Doesn't really work like that tho.

Prices depend on a buyer.

In theory all our players are worth money but we haven't had one bid for anyone.

13 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He is a nutter.. I admire his intensity.

His drive.

I just don't think he's as good as you do..

There’s things that players do that a lot of people miss, such as organising, talking, pulling players into position

We had that with Loovens, people always noticed his mistakes, but he held our back four together with his organisation and constant talking, and we didn’t half miss him when he missed games

Leeds have always missed Jansson when he hasn’t played

I think he’s better than anyone we’ve got

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Blackburn must be desperate.......

Derby County midfielder Jacob Butterfield is currently training with Championship rivals Blackburn Rovers, it has been revealed by manager Tony Mowbray.

Butterfield, who spent the second half of the 2018/19 campaign on loan with Bradford City, is not part of the 26-man Rams squad that has travelled to Florida for a 10-day training camp.

The 29-year-old featured in the club's retained list as "first-team squad players under contract", along with Nick Blackman who is also not part of the trip to the United States.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Blackburn must be desperate.......

Derby County midfielder Jacob Butterfield is currently training with Championship rivals Blackburn Rovers, it has been revealed by manager Tony Mowbray.

Butterfield, who spent the second half of the 2018/19 campaign on loan with Bradford City, is not part of the 26-man Rams squad that has travelled to Florida for a 10-day training camp.

The 29-year-old featured in the club's retained list as "first-team squad players under contract", along with Nick Blackman who is also not part of the trip to the United States.

Apparently Butterfield and Blackman were retained to help with FFP (don't ask me how but there again how many of us fully understand it?) 

As for JB he ended up on the bench of a L1 team relegated well before the end of the season. Probably a free transfer.

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Apparently Butterfield and Blackman were retained to help with FFP (don't ask me how but there again how many of us fully understand it?) 

As for JB he ended up on the bench of a L1 team relegated well before the end of the season. Probably a free transfer.

I thought it was weird at the time, I can only assume they hope to get a fee for them or they're both due some sort of bonus when they leave.

Sky Bet Championship side Nottingham Forest are close to signing Benfica midfielder Alfa Semedo on a season-long loan deal, according to reports from O Jogo via Sport Witness.

The Reds have already completed the signing of another midfielder from the Portuguese league this week, with Tiago Silva arriving from Feirense on a two-year deal – Sabri Lamouchi’s first signing as manager.

23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I bet Lamouchi isn't getting a whole lot of say in that transfer. Forest seem tied to agents (Mendes still?) and it seems to have gone the way of Wednesday not Wolves so far.

Average Portuguese players dont spell promotion as we know to our cost.