Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

20 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Leeds will improve this season imo.

Last year by and large he went with wot he had. This year he knows what to expect from the league, and can shape the squad woth more of his players. 

For instance Wot if they use some of the jansson cash to buy hector? Weaker or stronger? 

Barnsley could go ok. My darkhorses. One of brizzle/brentford may make the play offs but the other one will finish outside of them i think.

As for us, if we can sell 2 or 3 that gives SB some freedom to reshape. Then we will do alright wont we? I mean, SB always does alright in this league, and u could argue its normally a lot stronger than it will be this year.

Maybe the only thing that could stop SB is if his hands are tied this summer.

Leeds spent 9m on Bamford who made them worse.

until they get a decent forward they won’t be going anywhere fast

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Have a look in your ink smudged ledger..how many buses have Rotherham owls put on to Brentford?

Some Rotherham Owls ended up walking down the red carpet for a film premiere in london before a night match at Brentford can't remember which film it was tho.  I'm sure I will find out they keep banging on about it every flipping session we have.   

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He'll go where the money is Hootie..

Surely there's bigger clubs than Brentford that would want Jansson

For my money he's as good as any centre back in this division

I know he's a bit of a nutter, but he's a cracking defender

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

He is a nutter.. I admire his intensity.

His drive.

I just don't think he's as good as you do..

Sides like Brentford who have spent fairly little and earned a lot for so many years will do well in the future.

They'll just wait for the failing big spenders to get stuck like us then finally go for it whilst staying competitive in the meantime.

Really like the whole Brentford set up.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Aye, the pigs, oh, wait, you said bigger.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Sides like Brentford who have spent fairly little and earned a lot for so many years will do well in the future.

They'll just wait for the failing big spenders to get stuck like us then finally go for it whilst staying competitive in the meantime.

Really like the whole Brentford set up.

Not including this window. But in the 3 previous season Brentford have received around 64 million in transfers fees. 

Would you say they are now in a better position now then us player wise.

Has it worked for them so far. No playoffs to speak off.

As soon as they get a good player he is sold.

And they are clearly not replaced with better players otherwise they would have the playoffs to speak off.

Getting the right manager maybe. 

Well they had one, he left and instantly got a team of better players promoted.

The Brenford set up is done as a way for the club to survive not to gain promotion.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not including this window. But in the 3 previous season Brentford have received around 64 million in transfers fees. 

Would you say they are now in a better position now then us player wise.

Has it worked for them so far. No playoffs to speak off.

As soon as they get a good player he is sold.

And they are clearly not replaced with better players otherwise they would have the playoffs to speak off.

Getting the right manager maybe. 

Well they had one, he left and instantly got a team of better players promoted.

The Brenford set up is done as a way for the club to survive not to gain promotion.

And survive they will.

They could go for the next decade being 8th and being fine financially. We've gone 4 years batting in the same ballpark as them and have had to sell our stadium to keep things in an even keel.

Could we continue the current state of affairs for the next decade? Doubt it. Their model is far superior to our own for the last five years. And (this is the harsh reality), if we don't go up in the next year or so, Brentford will be a Premier League club before Sheffield Wednesday. 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

And survive they will.

They could go for the next decade being 8th and being fine financially. We've gone 4 years batting in the same ballpark as them and have had to sell our stadium to keep things in an even keel.

Could we continue the current state of affairs for the next decade? Doubt it. Their model is far superior to our own for the last five years. And (this is the harsh reality), if we don't go up in the next year or so, Brentford will be a Premier League club before Sheffield Wednesday. 

My point is more along the lines of they have sold 64 million of talent and are no closer to the premier league then us. 

I would like to think had we received the same amount we would already be there by now.

13 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

My point is more along the lines of they have sold 64 million of talent and are no closer to the premier league then us. 

I would like to think had we received the same amount we would already be there by now.

Could you imagine Carlos or Jos with £64mill to spend? WTF:

Seriously though, teams like Brentford and Bristol City are building smartly year on year. Selling big and recruiting wisely or producing decent young talent is the smart way to go about it at this level. Having a manager like Bruce or Warnock helps hugely but so does doing things smartly off the pitch. I believe we will eventually get there and with a manager like Bruce we got as good a chance as anyone outside of the favourites.

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Brentford and Bristol City go up soon though. Norwich and the Pigs did it last year, sold big and recruited smartly, others did it before them and it seems like those two clubs in particular, The Bees and The Robins, are getting stronger. I like that we finally brought in a proven manager in Bruce, the youth teams are getting stronger and we now seem to be doing things more astutely. Our time will come too and as long as we've got Bruce we'll have a chance. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

12 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Could you imagine Carlos or Jos with £64mill to spend? WTF:

Seriously though, teams like Brentford and Bristol City are building smartly year on year. Selling big and recruiting wisely or producing decent young talent is the smart way to go about it at this level. Having a manager like Bruce or Warnock helps hugely but so does doing things smartly off the pitch. I believe we will eventually get there and with a manager like Bruce we got as good a chance as anyone outside of the favourites.

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Brentford and Bristol City go up soon though. Norwich and the Pigs did it last year, sold big and recruited smartly, others did it before them and it seems like those two clubs in particular, The Bees and The Robins, are getting stronger. I like that we finally brought in a proven manager in Bruce, the youth teams are getting stronger and we now seem to be doing things more astutely. Our time will come too and as long as we've got Bruce we'll have a chance. 

The last 3 years though people have been in awe of the likes of Brentford and Bristol City. But where has it got them. 

We will have to wait and see if it works for them later on down the line. 

But we will be just as competitive as both of them next season in my view.

7 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Have we got any youngsters coming through the ranks that would sell for £10m plus?

Will DC ever sell Anybody?

It's the only way to emulate the Brentford syndrome. 

That's true unfortunately. However we have now got youngsters good enough to be in the squad. There are others that seem promising. Our model was too short term. But now we've got Bruce, it's a shame he hasn't got the funds Carlos had but bringing in Bruce will prove to be the wisest thing DC's done  during his reign. He's already revamping things with the training and fitness. His knowledge and experience and contacts in the game, are invaluable at this level. If it's just loans and released signings, then Bruce is still the best man for the job. I trust him to make the most of what he's got to work with.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The last 3 years though people have been in awe of the likes of Brentford and Bristol City. But where has it got them. 

I agree and those two teams, us and a couple of others have the potential to be the dark horses in the mix this season. I just think with the business Brentford and Bristol City are doing, they could be more of a threat this time and potentially they could do a Norwich or Pigs, whilst I think our best chance is having Bruce. The likes of us and Cardiff got a chance because managers like Bruce and Warnock are what you need at this level, more than riches and more than signings.

Edited by The Night-Owl

12 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Hmmm,what makes a "bad egg" a player who gets proper face on because his manager told his team to let the opposition score a "freebie" in Janssons case,or a guy who likes lamping people or just being  Git in general in Madines case ?

£5.5 MILLION,crikey thats quite a fee for brentford.

Little no hope Brentford as seen by some on here.Maybe that worms turning and there going to spend some of the accrued millions. If they do could be very serious players this season.

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Both of them have massively invested in their infrastructure, Brentford are getting a new ground and Ashton gate has massively changed. They’ve accepted what they are and trusted their scouts to get the next decent player in, which they probably will do. Decent model to me, if say they’ve strengthened as clubs massively over the last five years. 

Problem we have is lack of patience. yes I know we’ve had nearly 20 years of it now but is the championship that bad? Not really, yes it would be great to go up, but I’d rather build the blocks and secure the club than spend like maniacs to fail. Hopefully we’ve learned now and can start to build under Bruce, rather than spend millions on signings that won’t make much of a difference.

• Thanks 1

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

We have to accept that we aren't splashing the cash and we will go with what we have, barring a couple of loan signings. 

And that will be no bad thing for a period of time. The waste of money post Wembley on expensive players that did not perform when it could have been spent on up and coming players