Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Agree. Allegiances aside, he's one of the top centre backs in the division. Him leaving, will be a massive early blow for Leeds. It also suggests, there's disharmony in their camp? With some of the players they got, the way things finished last season and Bielsa's well known ego and his desire to do things his way and his way only. Things could quickly unravel before the season even starts or early on in the season this time, it seems?

I always thought it was Kyle Bartley that held them together when he was on loan there, but my relatives said it was Jansson that sorted their defence out, they say Leeds always struggle when he misses games.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Not just him they've signed or signing. Just like Bristol City, they're recouping lots and spending smartly but going more for it this summer. They both might have even more to spend soon too, with rumours of big money moves for a couple of their players to the top flight. The way they're both selling and recruiting, as a hint of Norwich last season about it?

When you haven't got much, you have to make it count. Alot of thought goes into every action.

We clearly haven't had any knowlegeable thought behind our actions.

17 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I always thought it was Kyle Bartley that held them together when he was on loan there, but my relatives said it was Jansson that sorted their defence out, they say Leeds always struggle when he misses games.

Yeah, I thought that too back when I wanted us to go for someone like Bartley. Hector last season, seemed like that man for us.

It could in a way, be a bit like, Lees for us? Where Lees, plays much better and holds us together at the back, when he plays alongside someone more reliable and they can share the leadership responsibility? Lees, seems to look a much better player when alongside someone like Loovens or Hector, maybe he's similar to Lees, and Bartley or Cooper was his Loovens or Hector? Leeds looked brittle without Jansson in the play off 2nd leg. It was telling back then, how Bielsa ignored him when Berradi got sent off against Derby?

Jansson's a very good defender at this level. Leeds will miss him and will struggle to replace him. If Brentford have an ideal partner to play alongside him and continue spending smartly, I really could see them in the mix this season.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

Jansson is a very good defender for this level and will be a big miss for them. He’s a total daft coont however with a brain the size of a pea and I’m gobsmacked that there has been a fallout. Jansson and Leeds are a perfect fit! 

Leeds could struggle at the back next season as Cooper is overrated and Berardi is another daft coont and is a red card waiting to happen. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not everyone can play.

If you have a whole team of players who expect to play week in week out, that's where it goes boobies up.

You need players who you can rely on and call upon when needed, who don't lose morale and confidence because they don't expect to play every game.

Its not about expecting. But all players want to be playing. There’s a difference that you seem to be struggling with. 

Bristol City and Brentford appear to be doing decent business and they probably will be there or thereabouts but despite all the typical optimism on here :rolleyes: I wouldn't rule us out and the reason why is because this is probably the last chance for a lot of this current squad and deep down they probably know this and you may see a more determined Wednesday side this season than we have done for a while?

21 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Bristol City and Brentford appear to be doing decent business and they probably will be there or thereabouts but despite all the typical optimism on here :rolleyes: I wouldn't rule us out and the reason why is because this is probably the last chance for a lot of this current squad and deep down they probably know this and you may see a more determined Wednesday side this season than we have done for a while?

Bruce has said it already, we still have the core of a very very good side when all fit. 2 or 3 more in and a good fit season and it's on.

Edited by agentwalker

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t rate him at all

I agree, he's a loose cannon in every sense - dodgy attitude and has very little positional discipline. Makes up for it with 'pashun' and the ability to power in the odd header from a corner. Bielsa will be after someone who can do a better job of playing it out from the back.

25 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I agree, he's a loose cannon in every sense - dodgy attitude and has very little positional discipline. Makes up for it with 'pashun' and the ability to power in the odd header from a corner. Bielsa will be after someone who can do a better job of playing it out from the back.

Hector?

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

A Leeds meltdown is always fun, they're losing it over the low price for Jansson :ghoulguy: https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/its-actually-a-joke-sell-up-these-leeds-fans-slam-key-figure-after-transfer-update/ :Sid:

Don't know why they are upset, all the money they got for promotion to the Prem  last year will cover it.

Oh owd on :biggrin:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, MAL said:

Don't know why they are upset, all the money they got for promotion to the Prem  last year will cover it.

Oh owd on :biggrin:

Silly buggers never learn. Always going overboard, then looking daft when it all implodes in their faces. :Sid:They were announcing promotion just the other day when they brought in Helder Costa. Now they're calling the owners unambitious and skint. :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Yeah, I thought that too back when I wanted us to go for someone like Bartley. Hector last season, seemed like that man for us.

It could in a way, be a bit like, Lees for us? Where Lees, plays much better and holds us together at the back, when he plays alongside someone more reliable and they can share the leadership responsibility? Lees, seems to look a much better player when alongside someone like Loovens or Hector, maybe he's similar to Lees, and Bartley or Cooper was his Loovens or Hector? Leeds looked brittle without Jansson in the play off 2nd leg. It was telling back then, how Bielsa ignored him when Berradi got sent off against Derby?

Jansson's a very good defender at this level. Leeds will miss him and will struggle to replace him. If Brentford have an ideal partner to play alongside him and continue spending smartly, I really could see them in the mix this season.

I just can't see him going to Brentford, they're a lovely small club, but they'll always be a lovely small club.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I just can't see him going to Brentford, they're a lovely small club, but they'll always be a lovely small club.

Aye but over the years plenty of those types of clubs have gone up, whilst bigger more famous clubs have stagnated. Maybe this time, the likes of Brentford and Bristol City mean business, after seeing others in recent years surprisingly going up unexpectedly. It shows what wise recruitment and selling can do. But there are other ways of doing it and I still think the best thing DC's done is bringing in Bruce. Managers like Bruce and Warnock at this level are invaluable.

• Like 1

Leeds will improve this season imo.

Last year by and large he went with wot he had. This year he knows what to expect from the league, and can shape the squad woth more of his players. 

For instance Wot if they use some of the jansson cash to buy hector? Weaker or stronger? 

Barnsley could go ok. My darkhorses. One of brizzle/brentford may make the play offs but the other one will finish outside of them i think.

As for us, if we can sell 2 or 3 that gives SB some freedom to reshape. Then we will do alright wont we? I mean, SB always does alright in this league, and u could argue its normally a lot stronger than it will be this year.

Maybe the only thing that could stop SB is if his hands are tied this summer.

8 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Who will soon be moving into a bigger ground so they are growing.

True

But after the novelty of the first season in the new ground wears off, have they got a fanbase big enough to be anything other than a small club