Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

32 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Fletcher is tidy with ball at feet. It’s not his fault that the likes of Lees struggle at the back to pass the ball out and therefore loft it forwards too much. Fletcher gets a lot of unfair sniping. He’d love the ball into feet, I’m sure of it.

Out lack of penetrating width means we play quite narrow and often to outlet ball is therefore a punt up the middle.

The key is getting defenders that can play out from the back. Not just short but also can play long passes accurately. Another reason why Hector was class for us. I thought he did this really well. 

32 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The remainder of the transfer fee is payable on any sale

So whereas we would be paying Boro 2 million this year if we kept him

The full 4 million becomes payable on sale

In simple terms, we were expecting to pay Boro 2 million this season, a sale would mean we have to cough up 4 million

Its ok, we have our player sales to offset that.....

Oh wait...………..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The key is getting defenders that can play out from the back. Not just short but also can play long passes accurately. Another reason why Hector was class for us. I thought he did this really well. 

Good point, and we have to get our technical players further up the pitch. Someone like Bannan is capable of putting a striker through from the halfway line, but there is no way Fletcher could run in from the halfway line

32 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Transfer fees are paid over the length of the contract

8 million signing on a 4 year contract, we pay Boro 2 million per year for 4 years

Most clubs work this way

That isn't necessarily the case. Payment terms are by negotiations and can vary from deal to deal.

The amortisation of the transfer fee over the term of the contract works as you have outlined for accounting purposes which is what is used for P and S purposes.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Good point, and we have to get our technical players further up the pitch. Someone like Bannan is capable of putting a striker through from the halfway line, but there is no way Fletcher could run in from the halfway line

I know. I personally feel like we've been starved of this sort of striker for way too long. We actually have players like Bannan that can provide consistently and yet we don't have the sort of striker that can get in behind. Nor can we as a team break with any pace or surprise. 1 counter attack goal scored all season last year. At least Bruce identified our need for pace. I think he'll be bringing in pace all over the pitch hopefully. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I know. I personally feel like we've been starved of this sort of striker for way too long. We actually have players like Bannan that can provide consistently and yet we don't have the sort of striker that can get in behind. Nor can we as a team break with any pace or surprise. 1 counter attack goal scored all season last year. At least Bruce identified our need for pace. I think he'll be bringing in pace all over the pitch hopefully. 

Exactly, but if you’re playing with just the one striker, he has to have the pace to keep defenders on their toes

8 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

I think this 274 pager needs some serious factual "Breaking News" to liven things up a little.... 

Breaking news, Daniel Mancini signs for Sheffield Wednesday. 

Think some people must have their eyes painted on. We had a player who made good intelligent runs in behind the defence but was made to look stupid  most of the time by our inability to either see the run or make the pass. 

For all his faults Matais (sp?) constantly made that run in behind yet nine times out of ten he was left looking like a prize plum as when the ball eventually arrived he was offside. This despite having the likes of Bannan, Reach and FF in the side. I’m not saying MM would have done much with the ball mind but that this was one part of his game that was too good for the rest of our players. 

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Transfer fees are paid over the length of the contract

8 million signing on a 4 year contract, we pay Boro 2 million per year for 4 years

Most clubs work this way

Pretty sure this is for the purposes of FFP only. Any sort of payment plan can be set up between the buying and the selling club.

For accounting purposes the cost of an asset goes through the books over the assets lifetime so a player on a four year contract the money goes through a quarter each of the four years even if it has been paid for in a cash lump sum.

I have often wondered whether anybody pays in instalments.

• Thanks 1