theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

10 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Take £4 million for Rhodes and let Bruce get cracking.

Maybe offer the £4 million for Hector?

And what about the 4 million we still owe Middlesborough?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Tell them it is being sent up in a taxi?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I like Forestieri and Joao, they potentially give us something that most teams in this league don’t have. We don’t see it all of the time, but if they could achieve greater consistency under Bruce, who knows. I’d rather him work his magic on someone who has the ability to something special, rather than looking to improve somebody like Hugill, who lacks the basic attributes.

Having said that, if we can trade the likes of Forestieri, Joao and Rhodes, for even better, then I’m in. No point in being sentimental, if we can improve on those players, then let’s do it.

A manager needs enough players who he can trust to follow his instructions game in, game out. I'm not sure Bruce is convinced he's got that at Hillsborough, to be honest.

Anybody he moves on is fine with me, as it will allow him to shape the squad that he wants to work with.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We won’t get away without a loss. But 4m cash plus a removal of an annual wage of circa 1.3-1.5m (lets say 3m left in the accounts for 2 remaining years. Makes this deal worth about 7m in p&s terms. 5.5m of which would count toward this year if the figures are roughly accurate.

2m a year will still need to go to Boro presumably. But it’s a reduction from 3.5m a year with no return.

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Why do we still owe 2/3rds of what we paid for him?

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We won’t get away without a loss. But 4m cash plus a removal of an annual wage of circa 1.3-1.5m (lets say 3m left in the accounts for 2 remaining years. Makes this deal worth about 7m in p&s terms. 5.5m of which would count toward this year if the figures are roughly accurate.

2m a year will still need to go to Boro presumably. But it’s a reduction from 3.5m a year with no return.

Or maybe our friend Mr Gibson would just write off the £4m......to help our P&S position!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Where would he be off to though? The Norwich ship seemed to sail yesterday when they signed Drmic.

Stuart Webber at Norwich was quoited at the end of the season that they would like 'three strikers'

Farke is mega keen on having him back within the squad but was unwilling to pay what we quoted.

14 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

At the reported/alledged cost.......... No. 

Maybe not all up front cost.. can imagine a substantial sell on clause.  The price quoted was DC's wish list price.. now Bruce has taken control

can see some deal being made.

Also Joao's recent interview about his ambition to play in the Prem..

Just now, Doctor Duran said:

Maybe not all up front cost.. can imagine a substantial sell on clause.  The price quoted was DC's wish list price.. now Bruce has taken control

can see some deal being made.

Also Joao's recent interview about his ambition to play in the Prem..

He wants to try turning up at this level.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

How things have changed, we used to taunt United for lumping it up to a big centre forward. Now they operate with more mobile forwards, playing it along the ground, while we are obsessed with getting the ball onto Fletcher’s head. Really hope we don’t play like that again this season, it’s so outdated

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

To be honest mate , if we can sell him for enough to pay off Boro id be happy with that. It clears a debt and gets his wages off the books.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

How things have changed, we used to taunt United for lumping it up to a big centre forward. Now they operate with more mobile forwards, playing it along the ground, while we are obsessed with getting the ball onto Fletcher’s head. Really hope we don’t play like that again this season, it’s so outdated

Are we?

• Agree 1

Just now, MarkS43Owl said:

Are we?

We were last year, but I’m hoping Bruce will have learned that it isn’t the way forward, and that we will go for a more subtle approach

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We were last year, but I’m hoping Bruce will have learned that it isn’t the way forward, and that we will go for a more subtle approach

I disagree.

Bannan looks for the run of Fletch and plays the ball over the top.

I can't recall many occasions where our game plan was to 'lump it up to Fletch'

• Agree 5

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The way we played after Bruce took over got us to within a few points of the play offs.

I'm not sure it was as ineffective as you are making out.

• Agree 4

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don't think we saw the best of what Bruce is about tactically, more a case of making the best of what he had available. In a team devoid of any pace, options can be very limited. 

We seem to be adressing that this summer. 

• Agree 1

Just now, MarkS43Owl said:

I disagree.

Bannan looks for the run of Fletch and plays the ball over the top.

I can't recall many occasions where our game plan was to 'lump it up to Fletch'

All the time mate, how many occasions did you see Fletcher run in behind? He can’t do that With clever players who are good on the ball, like Bannan, Reach, Forestieri and Joao, we should be capable of playing some scintillating attacking football

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

The way we played after Bruce took over got us to within a few points of the play offs.

I'm not sure it was as ineffective as you are making out.

I think it can be reasonably effective, and it’s a useful tool for teams with limited ability, but when you have players who are as good on the ball, as we have, then it’s a bit basic

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I know this has been circled over and over but heard last night that the chairman has finally given in and will allow Rhodes to leave.

He wants to go, Bruce wants him to go and the chairman has now decided that it's time.

Probably nothing we've not already heard but this comes from a good source who mentioned about Odubajo, Borner and Bidwell.

Such a good source that we haven’t actually signed these players yet either. Won’t believe anything till I see it on official website 

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

All the time mate, how many occasions did you see Fletcher run in behind? He can’t do that With clever players who are good on the ball, like Bannan, Reach, Forestieri and Joao, we should be capable of playing some scintillating attacking football

Out of interest, do you go to games?

Not a dig or a sly comment, it’s just interesting how others see the game that’s all.