Jump to content
theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Recommended Posts

Interesting move by Leeds United, selling their young attacking winger Jack Clarke to spurs for 8.5m. Pablo Hernandez now 34 years old too.

 

Forestieri to Leeds? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we’ll see things starting to heat up from next week.

 

I’d describe myself nervously optimistic......

 

DC was probably at his lowest ebb last season, on and off the field we looked in disarray. Despite that, he somehow fought  back with the appointment of Bruce and we enjoyed a positive end to an otherwise highly forgettable season.

 

The big question now is can DC capitalise on the appointment of Bruce or as we’ve seen previously will we somehow manage to shoot ourselves in the foot!!! 

 

Can we wriggle around FFP, will DC apply some realistic transfer fees to players Bruce deems surplus to requirements, will Bruce be given the level of autonomy his skills and record deserve.

 

We’re about to find out one way or another.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Interesting move by Leeds United, selling their young attacking winger Jack Clarke to spurs for 8.5m. Pablo Hernandez now 34 years old too.

 

Forestieri to Leeds? 

Aren’t they getting Clarke back? I’m sure that Forestieri will be a target for them, and it’s a move I’m sure he’d fancy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Aren’t they getting Clarke back? I’m sure that Forestieri will be a target for them, and it’s a move I’m sure he’d fancy

I wouldn't be against selling him for good money but frustratingly FF under Bielsa would light up this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Virgil Ghita

Valerio Verre

Heard stuff about these guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, flo said:

Virgil Ghita

Valerio Verre

Heard stuff about these guys. 

Do love a random name drop on here. Verre looks decent and out of contract 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flo said:

Virgil Ghita

Valerio Verre

Heard stuff about these guys. 

 

Virgil Ghita sounds like an Indian Super hero 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rogers said:

 

Virgil Ghita sounds like an Indian Super hero 

His sister is the Indian lesbian Minge

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I wouldn't be against selling him for good money but frustratingly FF under Bielsa would light up this league.

 

He might, but we can't allow the possibility that we might be strengthening a rival to stop us from making a move which our manager feels helps to strengthen ourselves.

 

Just name our fee, add 300% cockwomble tax, what with it being Leeds and all, and move on.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I wouldn't be against selling him for good money but frustratingly FF under Bielsa would light up this league.

No he wouldn’t . He’d still cause trouble , still be injured all the time and still turn up once in a blue moon . Hopefully he goes so any money we receive can be invested in some one of use 

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MARTY BOY said:

His sister is the Indian lesbian Minge

You mean Minjeeta.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Morepork said:

I think we’ll see things starting to heat up from next week.

 

I’d describe myself nervously optimistic......

 

DC was probably at his lowest ebb last season, on and off the field we looked in disarray. Despite that, he somehow fought  back with the appointment of Bruce and we enjoyed a positive end to an otherwise highly forgettable season.

 

The big question now is can DC capitalise on the appointment of Bruce or as we’ve seen previously will we somehow manage to shoot ourselves in the foot!!! 

 

Can we wriggle around FFP, will DC apply some realistic transfer fees to players Bruce deems surplus to requirements, will Bruce be given the level of autonomy his skills and record deserve.

 

We’re about to find out one way or another.

Good post, it's make or break time. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's done well to win leagues. But the champions league is the big one. In fact he took Bayern further away from being European champions when he was their manager.

 

I'd say the domestic League is harder to win than the Champions League. More games and more consistency needed. Liverpool ain't won the League since 1990 but have won the Champions League twice since then and made a couple of other finals.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

 

One manager who's leading the way. What about the thousands of other clubs around the world that would love a Guardiola at the helm? Guardiola apparently holds Bielsa as a role model who he learned s lot from. Did Bielsa get 'found out' at Leeds? Is he a has been?

 

There's a huge difference between Bielsa and Guardiola, Guardiola's a winner as a player and manager and what's Bielsa ever won?

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hitcat said:

 

Sounds like you wouldn't be happy with him at Wednesday. 

I'd love to see him manage a club with no money for a couple of seasons just to see how he got on

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Owling said:

You mean Minjeeta.

 

So, Minjeeta Ghita? You've ruined what was already a poo joke 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He had the best teams in both leagues though, with the best players and one of the world's greats under his wing in Spain.

 

The fact he didn't win a champions league with that Bayern team he had is telling.

 

Jury still out for his European campaign's with City.

 

I think you're putting too much respect onto the Champions League. Returning to my point about Liverpool's domestic League record and E European record. Have you seen how many non domestic league Champions qualifiers have won the Champions League since they increased the number of qualifiers from the top leagues? To me it makes a mockery of the competition? Even though I think the Champions League as now ruined the competitiveness of domestic competition due to money, almost every top European league at present as become a 1 or 2 team League. However, I still think it's harder to win major domestic League titles than the Champions League, due to more games and many other factors during a season.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Pretty sure Nimes are in the top division.

 

Looks like you are correct. On Wikipedia it says on his profile they play in the 2nd division but when I looked at the club it says they are in the top league. Bloody Wikipedia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we please just use this thread for transfer rumours 

  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Can we please just use this thread for transfer rumours 

Yes boss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...