Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I know this has been circled over and over but heard last night that the chairman has finally given in and will allow Rhodes to leave.

He wants to go, Bruce wants him to go and the chairman has now decided that it's time.

Probably nothing we've not already heard but this comes from a good source who mentioned about Odubajo, Borner and Bidwell.

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I know this has been circled over and over but heard last night that the chairman has finally given in and will allow Rhodes to leave.

He wants to go, Bruce wants him to go and the chairman has now decided that it's time.

Probably nothing we've not already heard but this comes from a good source who mentioned about Odubajo, Borner and Bidwell.

Where would he be off to though? The Norwich ship seemed to sail yesterday when they signed Drmic.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I like Forestieri and Joao, they potentially give us something that most teams in this league don’t have. We don’t see it all of the time, but if they could achieve greater consistency under Bruce, who knows. I’d rather him work his magic on someone who has the ability to something special, rather than looking to improve somebody like Hugill, who lacks the basic attributes.

Having said that, if we can trade the likes of Forestieri, Joao and Rhodes, for even better, then I’m in. No point in being sentimental, if we can improve on those players, then let’s do it.

A manager needs enough players who he can trust to follow his instructions game in, game out. I'm not sure Bruce is convinced he's got that at Hillsborough, to be honest.

Anybody he moves on is fine with me, as it will allow him to shape the squad that he wants to work with.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And what about the 4 million we still owe Middlesborough?

We won’t get away without a loss. But 4m cash plus a removal of an annual wage of circa 1.3-1.5m (lets say 3m left in the accounts for 2 remaining years. Makes this deal worth about 7m in p&s terms. 5.5m of which would count toward this year if the figures are roughly accurate.

2m a year will still need to go to Boro presumably. But it’s a reduction from 3.5m a year with no return.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We won’t get away without a loss. But 4m cash plus a removal of an annual wage of circa 1.3-1.5m (lets say 3m left in the accounts for 2 remaining years. Makes this deal worth about 7m in p&s terms. 5.5m of which would count toward this year if the figures are roughly accurate.

2m a year will still need to go to Boro presumably. But it’s a reduction from 3.5m a year with no return.

Or maybe our friend Mr Gibson would just write off the £4m......to help our P&S position!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Where would he be off to though? The Norwich ship seemed to sail yesterday when they signed Drmic.

Stuart Webber at Norwich was quoited at the end of the season that they would like 'three strikers'

Farke is mega keen on having him back within the squad but was unwilling to pay what we quoted.

14 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

At the reported/alledged cost.......... No. 

Maybe not all up front cost.. can imagine a substantial sell on clause.  The price quoted was DC's wish list price.. now Bruce has taken control

can see some deal being made.

Also Joao's recent interview about his ambition to play in the Prem..

Just now, Doctor Duran said:

Maybe not all up front cost.. can imagine a substantial sell on clause.  The price quoted was DC's wish list price.. now Bruce has taken control

can see some deal being made.

Also Joao's recent interview about his ambition to play in the Prem..

He wants to try turning up at this level.

• Like 3

How things have changed, we used to taunt United for lumping it up to a big centre forward. Now they operate with more mobile forwards, playing it along the ground, while we are obsessed with getting the ball onto Fletcher’s head. Really hope we don’t play like that again this season, it’s so outdated