Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If he's as close as you think, surely Bruce would have given him game time last season

By the way I've not seen him, but it seems strange if you think he will play a role this season, but he's not been blooded yet

I don't think he will be regular in matchday squad, but could be useful to help out when needed getting some much needed first team experience along the way.

Certainly much preffered option to bringing back up player in on loan.

I'm of opinion that he got crucial set of skill that is demanded at this level, and that lack of gets players who did very well at U-18 and U-23 levels exposed.

I'm just voicing my opinion that might prove 100% wrong. I can't know if Bruce will use him, he doesn't have great track record of using young players, does he ?!

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

What makes you think we’re after Sissoko?

If Bruce targeted any Strasbourg midfield players it would be him. We need defensive midfield player none are currently secured he is the best they have. 

If he can sell some of forwards will reinvest in DM , winger or two, and pacy striker. Think defence is sorted. Problem we have is we have not much sought after up front.

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

If Bruce targeted any Strasbourg midfield players it would be him. We need defensive midfield player none are currently secured he is the best they have. 

If he can sell some of forwards will reinvest in DM , winger or two, and pacy striker. Think defence is sorted. Problem we have is we have not much sought after up front.

We have Pelupessey and Hutchinson, and only one out and out winger, though.

1 minute ago, malek said:

We have Pelupessey and Hutchinson, and only one out and out winger, though.

I'll be surprised if Pelupessy is not moved on before the end of August. He's not cut out for the physicality of Championship football.

37 minutes ago, Quist said:

I feel Sissoko is a bit unrealistic for our situation.  We can only dream about a team like this, with the likes of Fletcher, Forestieri and Reach on the bench too 

Westwood 

Iorfa     Lees   Findlay 

Odubajo                      Lazaar 

Lee  Sissoko Bannan 

Willock   Joao 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I'll be surprised if Pelupessy is not moved on before the end of August. He's not cut out for the physicality of Championship football.

I wouldn't say it's the physical side of the game more the positional and pace of the game

53 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I feel Sissoko is a bit unrealistic for our situation.  We can only dream about a team like this, with the likes of Fletcher, Forestieri and Reach on the bench too 

Westwood 

Iorfa     Lees   Findlay 

Lee  Sissoko Bannan 

Willock   Joao 

Who's willock? Have I missed summat? 

Someone I know spoke to a player who said Börner and Odubajo were done deals.  Not exactly thrilling news.  

Wonder why we're not announcing them yet?  Strengthen our position in other deals?  Not let clubs know what we're doing?  Waiting for finances to be cemented (Ground? Player sales?)

*Edit:  Before anyone pokes at me for being negative, by 'not thrilling', I mean that we already know about them!  

Edited by Suzuki_San

34 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Someone I know spoke to a player who said Börner and Odubajo were done deals.  Not exactly thrilling news.  

Wonder why we're not announcing them yet?  Strengthen our position in other deals?  Not let clubs know what we're doing?  Waiting for finances to be cemented (Ground? Player sales?)

*Edit:  Before anyone pokes at me for being negative, by 'not thrilling', I mean that we already know about them!  

Because they are contracted to another club until the end of the month

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

On 11/06/2019 at 08:02, gurujuan said:

They are, yes, but perhaps in a more old school way. Both Wilder and Farke, are both quite innovative in the way they play, whereas Bruce and Warnock are more predictable. There’s room for both ways

You are chatting poo Guru, Warnocks just managed in the Premier League and Bruce's had success at this level before numerous times.

It's up to the coaches to update themselves and keep on top of the current cool things and in the meantime try and come up with the next cool thing.

Surely you have enough attention now, pipe the f'k down and support the club.

44 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Well Borner is still in Germany as of a couple of days ago and Odubajo may be on his holidays still. Usually the announcements are when the players are available for the obligatory photo holding up the shirt. Maybe the delay is the shirts haven't arrived yet?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He wont start but he wont be moved on either I dont think.

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Westwood 

Iorfa     Lees   Findlay 

Lee  Sissoko Bannan 

Willock   Joao 

I ain't gonna be having to many dreams about that team that's for sure.

:Sid:

A forward line of Joao and Willock.. With the 3 you have sitting on the bench. May aswell go back to the Jos days of Stobbs and Wallace.

6 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Well Borner is still in Germany as of a couple of days ago and Odubajo may be on his holidays still. Usually the announcements are when the players are available for the obligatory photo holding up the shirt. Maybe the delay is the shirts haven't arrived yet?!

Not sure we can be waiting until October to announce the new players! :ph34r:

• Haha 4

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Westwood 

Iorfa     Lees   Findlay 

Lee  Sissoko Bannan 

Willock   Joao 

Lees as a sweeper...Jesus H Christ!!