Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

18 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

He knows he can't spend his way out of trouble this time

I would expect Lampard to be afforded much more time than what is usually the norm

I just don't think he's very patient, regardless of whether he can spend or bit. Lampard will be brave going there so early in his managerial career,  

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Any fans on here ,Question to you please ,How good are our u18 or u23 players ,Are any good enough to be in the first team pool ?How good is this irish lad Grant?

Out of current bunch of U-18's and U-23's Grant looks the best prospect to me, and certainly deserving to be part of the first team next season.

3 hours ago, Minton said:

Nketiah rejected a loan to Augsberg last season and Willock rejected Sunderland in the same window, so both possibilities. 

The Strasbourg midfielder better be Thomasson :wub:

Can play central or left midfield, 5 goals and 8 assists in Ligue 1 last season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adrien-thomasson/profil/spieler/215977

Not sure we have £7m to spend on one player anymore sadly, but a highly rated attacking midfielder is exactly what we need.  As well as new CB’s, LWB, DM and a young striker 

Edited by Owls-Fan

15 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not sure we have £7m to spend on one player anymore sadly, but a highly rated attacking midfielder is exactly what we need.  As well as new CB’s, LWB, DM and a young striker 

Depends if we’ve sold the ground or not, or we wheel and deal. However 7m doesn’t buy you a lot, especially up front, or in the creative areas. For those areas, we can borrow better. Any spending will likely be in the defensive areas, or maybe midfield. At the moment, of those linked, I’d only be looking to pay fees for Hector (3m) and maybe Onomah

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Depends if we’ve sold the ground or not, or we wheel and deal. However 7m doesn’t buy you a lot, especially up front, or in the creative areas. For those areas, we can borrow better. Any spending will likely be in the defensive areas, or maybe midfield. At the moment, of those linked, I’d only be looking to pay fees for Hector (3m) and maybe Onomah

It would be good to get Hector back but I don’t think its vital if we can get the likes of Findlay and Willis for less money.  I’m also hoping Bruce can unearth some young gems on the cheap. Random names like Kevin Lucien Zohi who turn out to be world beaters. 

42 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Unknowns are unknown so we assume we haven't sold the ground. What evidence suggests we have? 

Passing the P&S this season, despite being on to make a loss. Gibson trying to sue us over it.

Bruce has a proven track record when it comes to building sides capable of getting promotion. I'm sure there will be signings that will have fans scratching their heads but ultimately they will be signings that will do a job. What impressed me last season was that Bruce got regular good results and points and made us competitive with the players he inherited which bodes well for the future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Not a reliable twitter account whatsoever, but adds to excitement (if that's what you want to call it!)

image.png.c009b645066d4051a576c35f2310270a.png

I  doubt if accurate he did not play Lansbury at Villa. If true re Strasbourg midfielder Sissoko it would mean we would have to do some serious wheeler dealing to buy this type of player to club.

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

I  doubt if accurate he did not play Lansbury at Villa. If true re Strasbourg midfielder Sissoko it would mean we would have to do some serious wheeler dealing to buy this type of player to club.

hope this is true,we need big changes

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Respect your opinion but I think he's a fair bit away 

Thanks, I value your opinion as well. However I think that Grant is ready for smaller first team role. His mobility and quality on the ball would help us in times of need.

35 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Bruce has a proven track record when it comes to building sides capable of getting promotion. I'm sure there will be signings that will have fans scratching their heads but ultimately they will be signings that will do a job. What impressed me last season was that Bruce got regular good results and points and made us competitive with the players he inherited which bodes well for the future.

Exactly this. To be honest I remember scratching my head when we signed the likes of Hector and the Newcastle pair on loan. Bruce got results when we most needed it and turned a bottom 6 bottom half mediocre team into a hard to beat effective top half side. It will be interesting to see what he can do after a full pre-season and during his first full season. It may take time but I believe we've got lucky in getting a manager like Bruce when we did. I trust in what he's doing and in his ability in this League to make us stronger as a team.

You're dead right, it's about the team effectiveness and fitting into how Bruce wants to play, rather than fancy big money signings. If we have to be astute, then I trust Bruce to find more Iorfa's and Hector's, and other hidden gems for us for low fees, out of contract or on loan.

I don't think some of our fans truly realise what damage reckless spending did and how lucky we are to finally have a proven manager after the last couple of unknowns? Bringing in Bruce, no matter how long it takes to get us finally back up, will prove to be the best thing Chansiri's ever done during his reign.

Edited by The Night-Owl

28 minutes ago, Quist said:

What makes you think we’re after Sissoko?

8 minutes ago, malek said:

Thanks, I value your opinion as well. However I think that Grant is ready for smaller first team role. His mobility and quality on the ball would help us in times of need.

If he's as close as you think, surely Bruce would have given him game time last season

By the way I've not seen him, but it seems strange if you think he will play a role this season, but he's not been blooded yet

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.