Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

There have been stories going around that Bruce wants a smaller squad and hey presto 6 players go, then next minute the stories are going around that Steve Bruce wants six new players. This suggests that more players will be going, to get the squad size down, but which new players are likely to be coming?

Out of all the rumoured players I could imagine Bonner, Onomah, Diame and Odubajo being possible signings, but who do we think the six could be? I imagined that there may be central defensive and central attacking midfielder in there. I would not be totally surprised if we sold several strikers and ended up with another one coming in to give us just three or four options up front, but it all seems to depend heavily on whether DC has done a deal for the ground and got the money in place to do the deals that Bruce wants and hopefully without making any of his own /Doyen/Paixos, dodgy signings on top with the money left over.

Hopefully we will all say, "now it all makes sense", when we find out the reason why our accounts were delayed!

Don't forget the 4 loan players leaving. Means 10 players actually departed. I could see 2-3 more possibly going too. Meaning if we bring in 6 then we'll still have reduced the squad size by a lot. 

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not so sure

They aren't allowed to buy players but they have a shiit load of top youngsters

The supporters would give Lampard time, the youngsters would look up to Lampard

They may take a couple of years to become a force again, but the ingredients are all there

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, and the thing is, if they’re under an embargo, they aren’t going to be able to attract a big name manager

The supporters may be patient but the owner isn't. 

23 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Not a reliable twitter account whatsoever, but adds to excitement (if that's what you want to call it!)

image.png.c009b645066d4051a576c35f2310270a.png

Nketiah rejected a loan to Augsberg last season and Willock rejected Sunderland in the same window, so both possibilities. 

The Strasbourg midfielder better be Thomasson :wub:

Can play central or left midfield, 5 goals and 8 assists in Ligue 1 last season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adrien-thomasson/profil/spieler/215977

Edited by Minton

Depending upon whatever budget Bruce is working with or potentially planning with (i.e ground sale or player sales, etc). I imagine if we can bring anyone in for a transfer fee, going on the names linked so far, then Hector and Morsy, should be top of the list? Other than that, I'd expect a few astute bargains and out of contracts similar to Iorfa (Borner and Moses already suggest that) plus hopefully a couple more quality loanees similar to Hector.

26 minutes ago, Minton said:

Nketiah rejected a loan to Augsberg last season and Willock rejected Sunderland in the same window, so both possibilities. 

The Strasbourg midfielder better be Thomasson :wub:

Can play central or left midfield, 5 goals and 8 assists in Ligue 1 last season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adrien-thomasson/profil/spieler/215977

We will definitely be looking to bring a striker of Nketia’s type, I’d have thought. Of the current forwards, only Joao is capable of running in behind

53 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Don't forget the 4 loan players leaving. Means 10 players actually departed. I could see 2-3 more possibly going too. Meaning if we bring in 6 then we'll still have reduced the squad size by a lot. 

Yes good point. We also let 7 younger players go, although maybe only one or two of those could have been considered occasional squad members, just Freddy and O'Grady maybe, but yes the squad can still be smaller with new faces coming in.

Which of the many publicised signings do you think will happen?  

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

His record with managers suggests not.

He knows he can't spend his way out of trouble this time

I would expect Lampard to be afforded much more time than what is usually the norm

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not so sure

They aren't allowed to buy players but they have a shiit load of top youngsters

The supporters would give Lampard time, the youngsters would look up to Lampard

They may take a couple of years to become a force again, but the ingredients are all there

Jody Morris (previously their youth team coach) is currently Lampard’s assistant. Him coming to Chelsea as assistant would make sense.