Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

13 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

We were lucky we got Bruce when we did.

I think Boro would have been in for him and potentially Derby if Lampard leaves.

They still might. Hopefully he will not be interested.

16 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I think Boro would have been in for him and potentially Derby if Lampard leaves.

We’ve arguably benefitted from some quick and decisive action from the Chairman for once? :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

They still might. Hopefully he will not be interested.

Its time for the club to show they match Bruce's ambition, there was a reason he came to the club and that was achieve promotion, if he has his hands tied because of the financial issues that may, or may not have been explained to him when he arrived then Bruce may well see other clubs as a better offer.

Lets hope not as with only 1 signing and 2 loans, the club has completely changed its mind set on the pitch. We have off loaded a lot of wasted finance in Abdi, Jones, Matias, Boyd, Hooper (injures cost him) but we still have not resigned the 3 (Westy, Lee, Palmer)  or shown any sign other than paper talk that we are trying to improve the squad. 

The continuing lack of any filed accounts and the ramification that could have with the football league could also be an area of concern.

I know the fans have no god given right to information, but I just wish the club were a bit more upfront with the fans. As in 2 weeks the players are back for preseason.

Edited by room0035

31 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Derby are more likely to go for Phil Neville, than Bruce 

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Its time for the club to show they match Bruce's ambition, there was a reason he came to the club and that was achieve promotion, if he has his hands tied because of the financial issues that may, or may not have been explained to him when he arrived then Bruce may well see other clubs as a better offer.

Lets hope not as with only 1 signing and 2 loans, the club has completely changed its mind set on the pitch. We have off loaded a lot of wasted finance in Abdi, Jones, Matias, Boyd, Hooper (injures cost him) but we still have not resigned the 3 (Westy, Lee, Palmer)  or shown any sign other than paper talk that we are trying to improve the squad. 

The continuing lack of any filed accounts and the ramification that could have with the football league could also be an area of concern.

I know the fans have no god given right to information, but I just wish the club were a bit more upfront with the fans. As in 2 weeks the players are back for preseason.

Bruce said at the time that he asked DC how much money there would be to spend and the answer was 'None'.

Not shown any sign of improving the squad? It's still early to have official confirmation. Things will pick up in July.

8 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

If Lampard goes to Chelsea its going to end in tears.

I can't wait.

I'm not so sure

They aren't allowed to buy players but they have a shiit load of top youngsters

The supporters would give Lampard time, the youngsters would look up to Lampard

They may take a couple of years to become a force again, but the ingredients are all there

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not so sure

They may take a couple of years to become a force again, but the ingredients are all there

Yes, and the thing is, if they’re under an embargo, they aren’t going to be able to attract a big name manager

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

Bruce said at the time that he asked DC how much money there would be to spend and the answer was 'None'.

Not shown any sign of improving the squad? It's still early to have official confirmation. Things will pick up in July.

1st game of the season is probably 7 week tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not so sure

In reality Lampard will get a free hit at it, low expectations, sold their best player....so forced to play the youngsters, gives him at least 18 months before the pressure startd

Is Chansiri even in the country at they moment? I would have thought any announcement on signings/re-signings would wait until the players, Bruce & the chairman could gather round for a nice smiley photo. I reckon when all these things align it’s going to be bang-bang-bang announcement extravaganza.

8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Is Chansiri even in the country at they moment? I would have thought any announcement on signings/re-signings would wait until the players, Bruce & the chairman could gather round for a nice smiley photo. I reckon when all these things align it’s going to be bang-bang-bang announcement extravaganza.

The club could really do with like an out of office on their website or something. 'Mr Chansiri is currently out of the country, Paixio and Steve Bruce are also not here as one is sorting weird transfers for lots of clubs and the other is watching the cricket, i think you can figure it out. Therefore we have nothing to announce and no transfers will go through. The only department who are in is accounts trying to file the accounts and events sorting out Owls in the park. Come back to us 1st July. Cheerio'

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

1st game of the season is probably 7 week tomorrow.

It’s still very early though, which was the point. If we’re really unprepared then literally all other clubs are too, which would be a bit weird.

There have been stories going around that Bruce wants a smaller squad and hey presto 6 players go, then next minute the stories are going around that Steve Bruce wants six new players. This suggests that more players will be going, to get the squad size down, but which new players are likely to be coming?

Out of all the rumoured players I could imagine Bonner, Onomah, Diame and Odubajo being possible signings, but who do we think the six could be? I imagined that there may be central defensive and central attacking midfielder in there. I would not be totally surprised if we sold several strikers and ended up with another one coming in to give us just three or four options up front, but it all seems to depend heavily on whether DC has done a deal for the ground and got the money in place to do the deals that Bruce wants and hopefully without making any of his own /Doyen/Paixos, dodgy signings on top with the money left over.

Hopefully we will all say, "now it all makes sense", when we find out the reason why our accounts were delayed!