Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

With washing machine Madine skying all his chances yes.

I'd be happy with Ameobi as one of our wingers next term.

Ameobi is probably in a similar bracket to Harris in that he’s got a few things to work on, but both players if under contract would be worth a few quid as any player with a bit of pace and flair is what other teams want.

Whilst they may lack a bit of consistency or end product if either of them signed then the squad is instantly improved from an athletic point of view. 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Basic knowledge of mathematics and our losses over the past few seasons suggest we are in some sort of predicament whrn it comes to FFP.

Unless we have found a loophole and used it, i.e. sell the ground.

Katrien, sell the ground love and update the accounts with these crayons. Ta

Sound of door closing in the background shortly after.......

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Ameobi is probably in a similar bracket to Harris in that he’s got a few things to work on, but both players if under contract would be worth a few quid as any player with a bit of pace and flair is what other teams want.

Whilst they may lack a bit of consistency or end product if either of them signed then the squad is instantly improved from an athletic point of view. 

I'd take 'arris over Amoeba. We already have a couple of gangly dudes.  

47 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Haven't had a local signing that worked out well since Ian Knight.

Wasn't that lad David Hirst a local lad, or Andy Booth from Huddersfield.

I remember Ryan Jones looking a cracking player until the awful knee injury ended his career.

Nearer the time haslam, hamshaw, woods, beevers, dpur, presents to name a few local lads that have done well with us.

And of course who could forget garymegson

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wasn't that lad David Hirst a local lad, or Andy Booth from Huddersfield.

I remember Ryan Jones looking a cracking player until the awful knee injury ended his career.

Nearer the time haslam, hamshaw, woods, beevers, dpur, presents to name a few local lads that have done well with us.

And of course who could forget garymegson

Whose dpur. Don’t remember him though it sounds like a good Yorkshire name

If we are looking to bring in young PL player on loan than I would want us to take good look at Brighton's and ROI U-21's central midfielder Jayson Molumby. He had his fair share of injuries in the past, but if he didn't he would be part of Brighton's first team by now.

All action central midfielder, comfortable on, the ball and hard tackling. Potentially starting 11 player for us.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’m hoping, and believe, that most of these rumours will prove to be unfounded For a start, most don’t fit the profile the club has suggested we will be looking for Then there is the sheer volume of players we’ve been linked with, with replacements, or duplicates, suggested for every position in the team. That simply won’t happen, and goes against Bruce’s wishes for a more manageable size of squad. Think we will add 5-6 new players, as Bruce has suggested, with maybe several more, if we lose any players we’d have liked to keep

We won't sign every player we're linked with. Like you said, Bruce prefers working with a smaller squad. I'd trust in Bruce. I doubt we can throw the cash around and we'll probably have to be astute but Bruce has already shown he can spot a player for us and at his previous clubs.

It's more about getting the best out of what we've already got and strengthening with astute bargains and spotting talent to loan in. I'm sure we'll have many options just incase we miss out on various targets. I wouldn't be surprised if we just bring in some out of contracts but hold back on whatever Bruce has got to work with, in order to bring in some smart quality loan signings? We can still get back in the mix by being astute. I believe we've finally got the right manager, which gives us a better shot than if we just threw money at it (without knowing how to use it wisely, like back when Carlos was here).

Edited by The Night-Owl

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

We won't sign every player we're linked with. Like you said, Bruce prefers working with a smaller squad. I'd trust in Bruce. I doubt we can throw the cash around and we'll probably have to be astute but Bruce has already shown he can spot a player for us and at his previous clubs.

It's more about getting the best out of what we've already got and strengthening with astute bargains and spotting talent to loan in. I'm sure we'll have many options just incase we miss out on various targets. I wouldn't be surprised if we just bring in some out of contracts but hold back on whatever Bruce has got to work with, in order to bring in some smart quality loan signings? We can still get back in the mix by being astute. I believe we've finally got the right manager, which gives us a better shot than if we just threw money at it (without knowing how to use it wisely, like back when Carlos was here).

Yes I agree with that, but it’s something new for Bruce, if he has to do that way. He knows the game well enough though to work within those parameters 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes I agree with that, but it’s something new for Bruce, if he has to do that way. He knows the game well enough though to work within those parameters 

If we can get more astute signings like Iorfa and more quality on loan like with Hector, then we'll have a shot without needing to break the bank. Odubajo in particular, if we get him sounds like a positive sign of exactly that, to me that would be a smart signing.

• Like 1

Been told by two indirect sources now a few weeks apart that Vaulks should be signing for us.

one was told by someone involved with the tinpots and the other has links to tinpots n owls. 

So could be summat in we will see 

few miller friends say he’s prob not the best they had but will always give 100%

got decent shot n throw on him. Can play various positions. 

Where he would fit into our squad I’m not sure.