Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Basic knowledge of mathematics and our losses over the past few seasons suggest we are in some sort of predicament whrn it comes to FFP.

Unless we have found a loophole and used it, i.e. sell the ground.

So basically, no idea either way, just like the rest of us ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Its an educated guess looking at our finances since 2015, and the noises coming out the club since May.

What have you read which makes yoy think we have cash to burn?

Cash to burn, definitely not.

But the fact we passed the P&S last season (confirmed) means that we've had a fairly large cash injection from somewhere (more than likely the ground being sold, but I don't *know* that of course) and suggests that we have at least some mobility in the market

21 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Lets be honest, we can't afford to buy anyone for cash, so this is best we can get.

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No we don't.

But anyone expecting us to spend wads of cash on transfer fees will be disappointed i feel.

Cheap fees like Pelupessy and Iorfa less than 500k each may be possible.

You've just said we can't buy anyone for cash, now you're saying we may spend a little bit

No one knows what Steve Bruce has in mind, he may sell a couple of players 

We haven't shown our hand in the transfer market yet, Bruce is being very cagey

It's common knowledge we've signed the German, people are saying we've also signed the Brentford lad

I would expect us to sign a couple of young premier players on loan

We may also sign the lad we had on loan from Tottenham, I wouldn't imagine he'll be a freebie though, so they'll be a decent fee involved

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I’m hoping, and believe, that most of these rumours will prove to be unfounded For a start, most don’t fit the profile the club has suggested we will be looking for Then there is the sheer volume of players we’ve been linked with, with replacements, or duplicates, suggested for every position in the team. That simply won’t happen, and goes against Bruce’s wishes for a more manageable size of squad. Think we will add 5-6 new players, as Bruce has suggested, with maybe several more, if we lose any players we’d have liked to keep

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

No one knows what our budget is.

Could be 400 mill when DC finally reveals hillsborough sell for 500 mill. 

Just keep 50 mill in his back pocket for emergencies when hes cleared the books

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I’m hoping, and believe, that most of these rumours will prove to be unfounded For a start, most don’t fit the profile the club has suggested we will be looking for Then there is the sheer volume of players we’ve been linked with, with replacements, or duplicates, suggested for every position in the team. That simply won’t happen, and goes against Bruce’s wishes for a more manageable size of squad. Think we will add 5-6 new players, as Bruce has suggested, with maybe several more, if we lose any players we’d have liked to keep

I reckon we will be playing 723 with all the defenders we have been linked with.