Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Hopefully wrong but looks like we'll be blown out of the water concerning Big Hec!!!

Same old story for us. Take a player on loan, they do well and then we can't afford to bring them back. Marshall, Venancio and now possibly Hector. Would be a huge blow if we can't get him back.

I think deep down we all know it's going to be a tall order to sign Hec. He clearly likes it here but at the end of the day both he and his family are from the South. If teams such as Fulham with their parachute money are after him then we can't compete with them. 

Also seen that the likes of Kadeem Harris and Gavin Massey are available and would add much needed pace to the side. Both are Championship standard but not sure how good they really are. Maybe sounds slightly underwhelming but this might be the market we are shopping in. If we get a tighter knit group that works their socks off and know exactly what their game plan is it might be better than so called bigger names. Its been proven time and time again. 

Overall I trust Bruce with who he brings in. 

2 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Klose at Norwich would be a good signing on a free.

Experienced CB who captained Norwich and clocked up over 100 appearances in the last 3 years.

Certainly can see either Odubajo or possibly Hutton coming in at RB as Burce both knows and trusts these players which is what we'll need for a successful season. 

Klose has been heavily linked with Rangers, although there was a suggestion that Norwich wanted to keep him.

Always going to be competition for Hector, but don't underestimate the pull of the manager.

Fulham may be minted, but don't have a manager and a certain level of uncertainty. Of course money talks, but still hopeful.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Fulham are in a right state and will do nowt this year IMO. Hec won’t be bothered with that mess, we’ll bring him hoooome. You saw it here first.

:ph34r::ph34r:

Totally agree with this .......... Fulham spent over £100m in transfer fees alone in a vain attempt to stay in the PL.

The contracts those sort of fees attract are catastrophic & unsustainable for a championship club. if Fulham had 5 years of parachute payments it wouldn't get them out of this cesspit of their own making!

Hec may well end up elsewhere but I would doubt if he will be part of Fulham's relegation struggle!

19 minutes ago, gaz62uk said:

Fulham in for Hector according to HITC.

Clearly Agent trying to drum up support and raise his wages. Hector was not wanted at beginning of this season. We got him because he had been left on shelf by all other clubs due to embargo we were at back of queue. He had not done well at loan previous clubs. I think Chelsea loaned out 5 centre backs prior to Hectors loan.

He has thrived at Wednesday and his form has improved considerably in second half of year.  Sometimes a player suits a club and club suits him. His profile has risen this year and I think he showed common sense in some of his statements as he realises in own best interests to be at club where he is content.

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

I would think that if Fulham want Hector, that'll be the end of it for us. They're minted. 

They shouldn’t be. They’ve spend £130million and Mitrovic aside have little to show for it. Their wage bill will be huge. 

Parachute payments will skew it im sure, even so they’re in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Totally agree with this .......... Fulham spent over £100m in transfer fees alone in a vain attempt to stay in the PL.

The contracts those sort of fees attract are catastrophic & unsustainable for a championship club. if Fulham had 5 years of parachute payments it wouldn't get them out of this cesspit of their own making!

Hec may well end up elsewhere but I would doubt if he will be part of Fulham's relegation struggle!

Their position is dire similar to Swansea, they will have to start immediately to address issues so they satisfy P & S requirements although 3 years down line.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Don't be so sure... They will sell Sessegnon for an absolute fortune. Seri & Mitrovic also very saleable. They will still have that midfield trio of Cairney, McDonald, and Johansen to fall back on - and a likely coach in Parker who is already making headway. 

3 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Fulham sign Mitrovic for £22m, Mawson £15m , Seri, £18m and Bryan for £6m totalling £61m the rest of the deal were undisclosed don't know a lot about the last 2 but Mitrovic is too good for the championship and if he stays is a shoe in to be one of the league top scores, they then have a very good centre half in Mawson, Bettinelli in goal was nearly in the England team not so long ago and Cairney has been one of the stand out performers in the Championship for the last few years, add to that teams will be bidding for Sessegnon. I don't think Fulham will be as bad off as everyone thinks.

They have a very good spine to their team, £40m in parachute payments, add to that the likes of Sessegnon who could be sold for big money. With the right manager in I can see them being at least challenging to go straight back up.