Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

20 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Chuks me toys out of the pram if so.

Why? You don't want us to go looking for a bargain. 6 foot 4, runs like a gazelle, strong as an ox but schooled under Wenger at Arsenal so can probably play a bit. Decent age. Averaging a goal every 2 this season, but importantly, most seem to think he's a better bet at CM than CF.

Besides, he was heavily scouted by a lot of Championship clubs including Villa last season, probably by the bloke who joined us recently as part of the back room staff.

4 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Why? You don't want us to go looking for a bargain. 6 foot 4, runs like a gazelle, strong as an ox but schooled under Wenger at Arsenal so can probably play a bit. Decent age. Averaging a goal every 2 this season, but importantly, most seem to think he's a better bet at CM than CF.

Besides, he was heavily scouted by a lot of Championship clubs including Villa last season, probably by the bloke who joined us recently as part of the back room staff.

Each to their own, just not for me. Got relegated with MK Dons last season and didn't make double figures with goals in League One for 2 seasons running. Maybe he's found his level? 

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Well, would you Adam and Eve it, we already have a summer transfer rumours thread for 2019 pre-dating the upstart thread.

Merge the imposter with the early bird thread please mods.

Tut. These young immitators.

:Sid:

Beware of cheap imitations.  

12 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Each to their own, just not for me. Got relegated with MK Dons last season and didn't make double figures with goals in League One for 2 seasons running. Maybe he's found his level? 

Got 10 goals and 10 assists in L1 in 17/18 in a team that got relegated playing as an attacking midfielder mostly. I'd like to think playing with better players somebody like that would be a good candidate to fill a void we most definitely have and not break the bank.

We got Kieran Lee at 24 and he went on to become one of our best players as he matured. Similar background, schooled at a big club and dropped down the leagues.

I always felt we missed a trick with Ollie Watkins who started off in L2, dropped again before becoming a regular at Brentford. As it turns out we probably didn't have 1.5 million to spend on him, but I thought he was a type of player we were missing. Weeds did it with Roofe.

Why do we insist on looking at bigger, more expensive names? I for one would be glad to see us pick up relatively inexpensive players. Good coaches do just that, they coach.

2 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Got 10 goals and 10 assists in L1 in 17/18 in a team that got relegated playing as an attacking midfielder mostly. I'd like to think playing with better players somebody like that would be a good candidate to fill a void we most definitely have and not break the bank.

We got Kieran Lee at 24 and he went on to become one of our best players as he matured. Similar background, schooled at a big club and dropped down the leagues.

I always felt we missed a trick with Ollie Watkins who started off in L2, dropped again before becoming a regular at Brentford. As it turns out we probably didn't have 1.5 million to spend on him, but I thought he was a type of player we were missing. Weeds did it with Roofe.

Why do we insist on looking at bigger, more expensive names? I for one would be glad to see us pick up relatively inexpensive players. Good coaches do just that, they coach.

Definitely not looking at bigger more expensive names. I would love to have had Olly Watkins before he went to Brentford, aged 21. Aneke is already 25. There are definitely good players in the lower leagues, it's just getting there before anybody else.

On 02/02/2019 at 11:27, wilyfox said:

Summer megafred already. Owlsman, I'm in.

Nathaniel Chalobah, loan.

Ben Gibson, loan.

Rhian Brewster, loan.

Mr.Hourihane, permanent.

That's what I heard anyway.

Believe. 

Sweet, that looks realistic. 

Not. 

On 02/02/2019 at 11:27, wilyfox said:

Summer megafred already. Owlsman, I'm in.

Nathaniel Chalobah, loan.

Ben Gibson, loan.

Rhian Brewster, loan.

Mr.Hourihane, permanent.

That's what I heard anyway.

Believe. 

Good luck 

Don’t really know what to contribute to this thread so I’m going to go with the usual involvement to the original post and just randomly through out not for me snodgrass is a crock.....

ps Hector, aarons, Lazaar, Diame, quick striker resign Westwood Palmer and hooper 

how do we do that , i dont know

how Do we do it I don’t care

All I know is wednesdays on our way 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Well, would you Adam and Eve it, we already have a summer transfer rumours thread for 2019 pre-dating the upstart thread.

Merge the imposter with the early bird thread please mods.

Tut. These young immitators.

:Sid:

YAY... I’m in

I think we will release most of out of contract players and rely on loans for next year. I guess there is the limit of how many loans can play at once so we have to be careful and ensure we have enough of our own.

Edited by Lombado