Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

18 hours ago, Spookone said:

Is it just me who hasn't been overly impressed by Onomah so far?

But the loan process is not ideal for a young player. He firstly was with a Villa side expected to go up with prem players. He played a lot of games but wasn't a regular. With us he had a clown in charge then had injury problems. He is highly thought of at international level and was at Tottenham. But they have gone onto another level. A perm move would give him a home and if he can stay injury free a CM of him and Hutch could have real promise. I trust Bruce to get the best of him. He COULD turn into a premiership player either if we go up or if someone buys him (young and English would bring a pretty penny). A lot of if's in there I know but if the price is right this is a no brainer for me.

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Never really rated him that highly........

Aston Villa target Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips with £14m bid

Phillips was outstanding last year as a holding midfielder. He’s young and English and Leeds fans will be gutted if he goes. I won’t be shocked if Leeds reject the offer though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Pigs being heavily linked with offering Franck Ribery a contract, he's only 36 and I'm certain he'll demand at least £40K per week. lol

Hurry up let's get promoted and them get relegated and show 'em how to do things.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Suggests Birmingham are still hamstrung then. 

They've needed to make a profit of over £15m last season to avoid sanctions this season (which won't have happened) so they're due a fine minimum, but more likely another points deduction. It smells like a firesale of high earners to prepare for potential relegation to me.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Pigs being heavily linked with offering Franck Ribery a contract, he's only 36 and I'm certain he'll demand at least £40K per week. lol

It's a mistake. They are connected with b.ribery and not f.ribery. :tango:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Suggests Birmingham are still hamstrung then. 

Looks like it. Losing Monk would be a huge blow to them. Wonder if they'll go cap in hand back to Rowett?

Not easy to find a decent manager as Boro and WBA are finding out. Makes me even more thankful we've got Bruce.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Looks like it. Losing Monk would be a huge blow to them. Wonder if they'll go cap in hand back to Rowett?

Not easy to find a decent manager as Boro and WBA are finding out. Makes me even more thankful we've got Bruce.

WBA just announced Slaven Bilic on a 2 year deal. Not sure if Woodgate certain at Boro yet, or not. 

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Perhaps Mr Gibson would have been better employed focussing on the running of his own club, rather than putting his efforts into trying to damage other clubs?

44 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

WBA just announced Slaven Bilic on a 2 year deal. Not sure if Woodgate certain at Boro yet, or not. 

Not sure about Bilic, jurys out for me whether he can do a job now, or trading on past glory. 

As for Woodgate, I'm all for promoting the next-generation of managers, but think it's going to be a tough season for them.