Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, malek said:

Motherwell turned down 2 m offers for David Turnbull from Celtic and Barnsley. Apparently they want 3 m for him.

If we can afford to spend as much I would be happy to spend it on Turnbull. Very talented playmaker who I believe could fit in 3 man midfield alongside Bannan and quality dm to allow them to venture forward. Also believe he would help make us more creative and add goalscoring treath.

At the least he would provide very capable back-up to BB and prove as a talent we could build around with a view to our long term future.

Certainly someone I would want us to do everything possible to try and bring in S6 on a long term deal.

Celtic increased their bid to 3m plus add-ons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/48616994

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Motherwell turned down 2 m offers for David Turnbull from Celtic and Barnsley. Apparently they want 3 m for him.

If we can afford to spend as much I would be happy to spend it on Turnbull. Very talented playmaker who I believe could fit in 3 man midfield alongside Bannan and quality dm to allow them to venture forward. Also believe he would help make us more creative and add goalscoring treath.

At the least he would provide very capable back-up to BB and prove as a talent we could build around with a view to our long term future.

Certainly someone I would want us to do everything possible to try and bring in S6 on a long term deal.

He is going to Celtic mate. They’ve more cash to spend on transfers and wages and it’s a better offering for him club wise too. A shame but Wednesday have missed the boat with that one

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

He is going to Celtic mate. They’ve more cash to spend on transfers and wages and it’s a better offering for him club wise too. A shame but Wednesday have missed the boat with that one

Such a shame. Can't remember last time I was so impressed by SPL talent.

Seen a few reports saying "Owls set to sign Odubajo, after he was released from Brentford" 

Lets get it right. 

He wasn't released!, He had the choice of a further year and refused. The option was on his side, not the clubs.

Shouldnt the headline read "Owls set to sign Odubajo, after the player refused to trigger additional year at Brentford" 

Long winded but factually correct. He's a very good freebie.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

No mate hes been gash most of the time. Not even worth a spot in the team. Why we would want to buy him is the million dollar question. Along with those on here who spaff all over about his talent. Must be better options out there.

Fits in superbly with joao, lazy, inconsistent,doesn't apply himself, not mentally tough enough and about as aggressive and determined as a flip flop. Wouldn't want him back either to be fair and don't mind if joao goes. 

The natural talent with both of them is there, just the attitude is failing. 

7 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

What about Cadden? He looks decent. 

Looked a very good player but he has been injured a lot recently. Still worth a gamble I think. He has been linked with Hearts for the last 2-3 years and the rumours have resurfaced again this preseason. He has an offer from Motherwell but he hasn’t signed and that’s been on the table for months. Would require a development fee of around £400k.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Looked a very good player but he has been injured a lot recently. Still worth a gamble I think. He has been linked with Hearts for the last 2-3 years and the rumours have resurfaced again this preseason. He has an offer from Motherwell but he hasn’t signed and that’s been on the table for months. Would require a development fee of around £400k.

If out of contract it would be no where near £400k. That would only be if he transferred to another Scottish club

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

What’s that CB like we’ve been linked with plays for st Johnstone I think?

34 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Never really rated him that highly........

Aston Villa target Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips with £14m bid

If that's true it's outrageous. I must be worth a few hundred thou mesen....... Gunna find me boots and gee em a polish. Fůčk this plumbing malarkey 

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

If that's true it's outrageous. I must be worth a few hundred thou mesen....... Gunna find me boots and gee em a polish. Fůčk this plumbing malarkey 

That's the market. The supposedly outrageous valuations of some of our key players by DC (Forestieri, Reach) seem not so outrageous now do they?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Never really rated him that highly........

Aston Villa target Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips with £14m bid

He is fairly young, English and played over 100 games at Championship level, so I'm not that surprised at quoted price.

Well worth investing in domestic youth, as with bit of luck their value can sky-rocket.

I like Phillips, he's young and has probably got 10 years left to give

I think 14 million is good value and a drop in the ocean for a premier league team

We'd rather spend our millions on players like Abdi, Pudil, David Jones and the like

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, richowl said:

What’s that CB like we’ve been linked with plays for st Johnstone I think?

Findlay at Killie. He is decent, on the fringes of the Scotland squad, there are a couple of better younger centre backs in the SPFL currently but they will both come with big price tags. He won Killie’s player of the year and they’ve had a great season. I like him but he’s not worth breaking the bank for IMO and he has a couple of years left of his contract. Worth signing for the right price