Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Unless we can get him cheap I'd probably pass on Onomah.

He has plenty of ability but I'm not sure he is ideal for a championship dogfight.

We've had our fair share of Prem Academy 'starlets' on loan, that haven't mentally been up for the EFL

That could be a common problem with academy football ... ITFC fans were excited with the Chalobah signing, but he turned out to be a timid Semedo 

6 minutes ago, camffiti said:

We've had our fair share of Prem Academy 'starlets' on loan, that haven't mentally been up for the EFL

That could be a common problem with academy football ... ITFC fans were excited with the Chalobah signing, but he turned out to be a timid Semedo 

Weren't they basing that excitement on his brother though?

28 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Well if we can get Hector and Onomah in permaneltly then it will be down to the draw of Bruce for sure. Can't imagine that either would want to sign permanently with Luhaky in charge. Obviously it's down to Chansiri to agree the right fee but for a player to want to be here a lot I see down to the manager.

Those two would be a major coup

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

True, and he can start with Hector. We know what a good fit he is, and we know he wants to come, so now all he has to do is find the wherewithal to bring him here

But Hector will demand a fee - which is nothing to do with Bruce.

I'm sure Bruce wants to bring him back, but being able to afford to do so is a totally different question.

6 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

But Hector will demand a fee - which is nothing to do with Bruce.

I'm sure Bruce wants to bring him back, but being able to afford to do so is a totally different question.

The irony is that if it weren't for Bruce coming in and trusting him so he could prove his form/ability, there wouldn't be such a clamour from clubs to sign him (if that is what there is)

Edited by Beholder

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The irony is that if it weren't for Bruce coming in and trusting him so he could prove his form/ability, there wouldn't be such a clamour to sign him (if that is what there is)

Although it was Jos who spotted him, and lured him here Need to pull out all the stops to get him back

Hector was good for the majority of last season, but you have to question how many seasons he has performed at that level, especially during loans to other championship teams.....was it a flash in the pan, or hopefully we are the right team for him

Because of that nagging doubt there may be better out there

9 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Hector was good for the majority of last season, but you have to question how many seasons he has performed at that level, especially during loans to other championship teams.....was it a flash in the pan, or hopefully we are the right team for him

Because of that nagging doubt there may be better out there

Must have impressed for reading otherwise Chelsea wouldn’t have forked out 4 m for him?

24 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The irony is that if it weren't for Bruce coming in and trusting him so he could prove his form/ability, there wouldn't be such a clamour from clubs to sign him (if that is what there is)

Thats the downside with loan players . You put them in the shop window,  and if they impress you obviously want them back , but their form has also alerted other clubs .

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Thats the downside with loan players . You put them in the shop window,  and if they impress you obviously want them back , but their form has also alerted other clubs .

And no doubt put the asking price up

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

Is it just me who hasn't been overly impressed by Onomah so far?

Nah. Think if you rate his time here he would have to go down as a failure. Injured for big parts of the season, gave up against Norwich (Bothroyd would have been proud of that utter disgrace, others had poor games that day but only one packed in), goes missing for large chunks of the game, one very impressive display against WBA and little flashes of genuine ability above this level here and there.

Anyone who thinks he would be a good signing on what we have seen so far needs their bumps feeling or don’t go to the games imo.

Dont get me wrong, there is talent there and if he ever consistently played to 7/10ths of his ability and put the effort in he’d be a cracking player...but it’s definitely a No on what he has done in a Wednesday shirt.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Unless we can get him cheap I'd probably pass on Onomah.

He has plenty of ability but I'm not sure he is ideal for a championship dogfight.

I hear what your saying but a quality player doesn't need to get in a dog fight. Ability by far out muscles people kicking other people about.