Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Odubajo was class before his injury. No idea how he’s been since he returned to Brentford

Saw him rip Leeds a new one on Sky the other week. 

Neeskens Kebano out of contract at Fulham, we was in for him in January 

Klose is worth a look aswell from Norwich 

7 hours ago, Morepork said:

I’ll post this here because it’s so relevant to what is hopefully going to happen over the next few weeks.

Just listening to Klopp say it’s not about tactics, it’s about effort, describing his players as “mentality giants” reiterated what Mourinho has said in commentary moments earlier. Effort, belief, togetherness etc.

Obviously that’s not a new concept but a few of us have banged on about the importance of having mentally robust players to form the core of a winning squad. Both Norwich and the pigs have emphasised this to some degree this season. No real superstars but plenty of belief and endeavour.

It’s something you can see clearly in Hector and Westwood. They played that last game of the season against QPR like it was the first. Bruce has spoken about the need for youthful and hungry players, I’m sure he’ll place great emphasis on mentality.

I said after the play off final we wernt mentally strong enough, may have been why we ended up with the Abdi's, Jones and boyds. People who had proven to be mentally tough enough to get promoted from this league, but where on a downward path, so it didn't work. 

Leeds this season had been a cut above, but when the pressure really ramped up on them they bottled it and slipped away. 

Add the pressure of 14 playoff losses out of 14 attempts now and I can truly see them failing again. 

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I said after the play off final we wernt mentally strong enough, may have been why we ended up with the Abdi's, Jones and boyds. People who had proven to be mentally tough enough to get promoted from this league, but where on a downward path, so it didn't work. 

Leeds this season had been a cut above, but when the pressure really ramped up on them they bottled it and slipped away. 

Add the pressure of 14 playoff losses out of 14 attempts now and I can truly see them failing again. 

Leeds have played 14 play off games? 

• Haha 1

Klose at Norwich would be a good signing on a free.

Experienced CB who captained Norwich and clocked up over 100 appearances in the last 3 years.

Certainly can see either Odubajo or possibly Hutton coming in at RB as Burce both knows and trusts these players which is what we'll need for a successful season. 

10 hours ago, Morepork said:

I’ll post this here because it’s so relevant to what is hopefully going to happen over the next few weeks.

Just listening to Klopp say it’s not about tactics, it’s about effort, describing his players as “mentality giants” reiterated what Mourinho has said in commentary moments earlier. Effort, belief, togetherness etc.

Obviously that’s not a new concept but a few of us have banged on about the importance of having mentally robust players to form the core of a winning squad. Both Norwich and the pigs have emphasised this to some degree this season. No real superstars but plenty of belief and endeavour.

It’s something you can see clearly in Hector and Westwood. They played that last game of the season against QPR like it was the first. Bruce has spoken about the need for youthful and hungry players, I’m sure he’ll place great emphasis on mentality.

I do worry about Hector when his focus  isn't there and at his age he ought not to give us matches like away at Rotherham when he admitted he had been caught by surprise by the intensity. On loan at Hull, he had a reputation for being inconsistent and Luhukay did of course drop him to howls of protest after a bad game or two last Autumn. He also tries to make passes which catch him and colleagues flatfooted. The club ought not to spend more than £3M on him.

Okenbernhie at Shrewsbury???....ex arsenal youth player .. lightening fast winger ... tipped for great things ...I’m hoping we take a risk on players like this ...if they come good ..we got a sell on value player for once

• Like 1

For me, its all about pace and power with new signings. We are badly lacking both.we need to be tougher , nastier and be a ream that others dont like playing against. Its good to have players like Bannan , Reach and Fessi , but you need enforcers alongside them.  

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

Yep and failed in everyone of them according to one of the Leeds fans at work... 

He's dreading it lol

How could they have lost 14 play off games if they’ve only played in the play offs twice and got to the final both times. 

Leeds fan talking poo