Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Iorfa is overated.

By some on here, yes I believe he is Having said that, he’s a decent signing, as he potentially gives us cover in a number of positions He also gives a threat in the box at set plays

• Haha 1

Iorfa was a bargain. He gives us something we were lacking at RB, an option with pace. Is he the finished article, no , but for that money  he will do.

Picking up value for money is what we need.

Edited by prowl

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

By some on here, yes I believe he is Having said that, he’s a decent signing, as he potentially gives us cover in a number of positions He also gives a threat in the box at set plays

And he was cheap considering transfer prices these days.

20 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Iorfa is overated.

Iorfa cost 200K, so what exactly are you wanting? We sold Hunt for about 1.6 million and was he any better? Certainly not in an attacking sense.

We've paid more for FBs that have been less impressive such as Fox and Wiggins both costing 750K.

Kyle Walker cost over 50 million if you're looking for an upgrade to compare him with. 

14 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Iorfa cost 200K, so what exactly are you wanting? We sold Hunt for about 1.6 million and was he any better? Certainly not in an attacking sense.

We've paid more for FBs that have been less impressive such as Fox and Wiggins both costing 750K.

Kyle Walker cost over 50 million if you're looking for an upgrade to compare him with. 

I’m only saying I believe Palmer is just as good or if same ability. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hector was clearly our best player last season, so would be a huge loss, were he not to return Probably the difference between us finishing 12th, or struggling down at the bottom. 

Losing Venancio was the end of the world this time last year...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Losing Venancio was the end of the world this time last year...

I see your point, but although Venancio was good, Hector was awesome, and was the difference between a mid table position, and a relegation dog fight We will do well to upgrade on Hector 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hector was clearly our best player last season, so would be a huge loss, were he not to return Probably the difference between us finishing 12th, or struggling down at the bottom. 

There's glass half full and glass half empty, but I think some feckers pinched yours altogether. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Hector was bang average and bordering on a liability until Jos was sacked 

I thought he was good all season Plenty of others must have thought the same, as he walked off with all the player of the season awards

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I thought he was good all season Plenty of others must have thought the same, as he walked off with all the player of the season awards

Thats where we differ , I know what I am talking about . 

That and I dont spend all my life talking bootlicks on a forum in close season 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I thought he did well all season too but not well enough to think his return determines our season. There's plenty of other centre halfs out there. 

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we cant get Hector back , i have total confidence in Bruce to bring in someone as good. No need to panic.