Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

19 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Depends what we're trying to do. If we wanna be back amongst the contenders next season, we'll need to sign better than Harris & Cattermole. 

It’s as if people have magically forgot the financial position we are in.

Get thi wallet out Chansiri, then when it goes wrong we’ll still moan at ya.

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

It's been said before but surely if Stobbs hasn't broken into the first team by now he's unlikely to? Isn't he 21/22?

He's had a loan or 2 as well so if he is around next season maybe last chance saloon. 

He's 22 and made his debut in 2014. Really has not progressed and was fortunate to get a two and a half year contract last January under Jos.

You're right, it's a make or break season for him (or indeed pre season) as we are looking for a winger. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

On the contrary, I imagine most who are horrified by the links to some of these players, are simply worried about us wasting more money. Certainly that’s my stance, we can do this with loans. Borrowing young talents from the big clubs should be the way forward, in my opinion. Subsidised wages, and a better level of player, plus the fact, that if it doesn’t work out, we aren’t stuck with them. No brainer really

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

On the contrary, I imagine most who are horrified by the links to some of these players, are simply worried about us wasting more money. Certainly that’s my stance, we can do this with loans. Borrowing young talents from the big clubs should be the way forward, in my opinion. Subsidised wages, and a better level of player, plus the fact, that if it doesn’t work out, we aren’t stuck with them. No brainer really

If only it was that straight forward.

Derby paid Chelsea 1.5m for Mount and covered his entire wages. They also paid a fee for Wilson rumoured to be 3 million and covered all his wages. The big clubs don’t just subsidise wages anymore and let you take players on loan for free. Football is money driven and the top players available on loan cost. They tend to go to the clubs who are willing to pay the most. Hence why Villa managed to get Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

46 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So, a left sided centre back, and a right back. Just what was needed

Palmer

Odubajo 

Lees

Iorfa

Thorniley

Borner

If we cant afford Hector or want to spend the money in the attacking areas that will have to do.

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not at all. Cattermole would not be a cheap option on his salary. I don't think he would improve us, nor would he give us fresh legs at 31. Harris has failed to hold down a first team place at Cardiff. He's a player that reminds me of Maghoma; quick, agile, but end product isn't there and that would frustrate. In our position, money must be spent wisely. I don't see wisdom in forking out for those two. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yep.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If only it was that straight forward.

Derby paid Chelsea 1.5m for Mount and covered his entire wages. They also paid a fee for Wilson and covered all his wages. The big clubs don’t just subsidise wages anymore and let you take players on loan for free. Football is money driven and the top players available on loan cost. They tend to go to the clubs who are willing to pay the most. Hence why Villa managed to get Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

Certainly I’m not disputing what you’re saying, or even the figures Think there are still deals out there though, for example, 2 of the best loans last season, were the full backs Wigan borrowed from Chelsea and Everton. Can’t believe for one moment, that Wigan paid large fees to secure those players, never mind paying all their wages

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Certainly I’m not disputing what you’re saying, or even the figures Think there are still deals out there though, for example, 2 of the best loans last season, were the full backs Wigan borrowed from Chelsea and Everton. Can’t believe for one moment, that Wigan paid large fees to secure those players, never mind paying all their wages

Sure you can unearth a gem. But for every Reece James there is a Lewis Baker or Ben Woodburn. If Bruce finds a cheap loan from the Prem who turns out to be a revelation, well done to him that’s good scouting. But I think you’re being a tad unrealistic if you think he can bring 3/4 loanees who hit the ground running and walk straight into our first 11.

I look at Kadeem Harris, 26, quick, Premier League last season, free, won’t be on a lot of money. It’s in a position we are desperate for, seems a no brainer to me. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sure you can unearth a gem. But for every Reece James there is a Lewis Baker or Ben Woodburn. If Bruce finds a cheap loan from the Prem who turns out to be a revelation, well done to him that’s good scouting. But I think you’re being a tad unrealistic if you think he can bring 3/4 loanees who hit the ground running and walk straight into our first 11.

I look at Kadeem Harris, 26, quick, Premier League last season, free, won’t be on a lot of money. It’s in a position we are desperate for, seems a no brainer to me. 

Why do you think Cardiff don't want to keep him  ?.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Because he's a no-brainer :duntmatter:

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And yet when it was mentioned we were interested folks were turning up their noses. 

11 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Rubbish point. There could be a number of reasons why he’s left Cardiff. On the whole Cardiff fans are gutted he’s gone. Just because it doesn’t work out for a player at one club doesn’t mean it won’t work out at another. We only have to look across the city to realise that.

57 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Palmer

Odubajo 

Lees

Iorfa

Thorniley

Borner

If we cant afford Hector or want to spend the money in the attacking areas that will have to do.

I have a feeling our right hand side will be Iorfa at RB with Odubajo In front of him at RM next year

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Rubbish point. There could be a number of reasons why he’s left Cardiff. On the whole Cardiff fans are gutted he’s gone. Just because it doesn’t work out for a player at one club doesn’t mean it won’t work out at another. We only have to look across the city to realise that.

I don't think he's what we need based on the limited times I've seen him. 

As for looking across the city I'll leave that to those who have more experience and interest in that particular pastime.