theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Reckon we’ve signed borner and odubajo just waiting few weeks for announcement 

2 hours ago, Owls77 said:

15 appearances in the premier league is decent! Matias did not play in the premier league!

Agree on Cattermole would rather we look at players who will develop rather than those on 40k a week!

Agree Harris played in PL , which has got to be good experience, but Warnock still released him even though they are now in the Championship.

I think Harris is bang average. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Top Gear presenters usually are :ph34r:

Crying out for pace and Kadeem Harris is available on a free. Doubt his wages are huge either.

Doesn't excite me, but we could do worse. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

A wide player with pace Isn’t that exactly the type of player we could pick up on loan from a big club? 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Crying out for pace and Kadeem Harris is available on a free. Doubt his wages are huge either.

Doesn't excite me, but we could do worse. 

Depends what we're trying to do. If we wanna be back amongst the contenders next season, we'll need to sign better than Harris & Cattermole. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

True to an extent, but bigger clubs than Sheffield Wednesday will blood youngsters. I agree though, so many of our fans are stuck in the past, when it comes to the players they want us to sign Doesn’t mean the club has to oblige though. Signing Jordan Rhodes “for the fans” was, not only ill thought out, but was positively cringeworthy

Bigger clubs than us do that you are right.

Manchester United have had at least one academy graduate in their side since the 60s or something haven't they.

But again they are a little different in that their youngsters are better than our starters already in some cases, and Man Utd don't sign rough diamonds in the hope that they work they spend £90m on players.

Harris is no worse than Aarons.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

When I saw name did not ring a bell and could not say who he played for. Can now vaguely remember him. I watch a fair bit of football and knowing nothing about him suggests you are right or even putting a rosier picture on him.. Suspect lots of others on here have no idea who he is.

I think there is too much doom and gloom around just about any name that's being linked at the moment. I sometimes do wonder given all the talk about P&S, what can we really expect with regards to signings. In truth we should trust one of the best managers in the business at this level who just happens to be our current boss.

• Agree 7

30 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Depends what we're trying to do. If we wanna be back amongst the contenders next season, we'll need to sign better than Harris & Cattermole. 

Correct, it's all speculation, but the latest names been mentioned, Cattermole and Harris seem a down grade on names mentioned a couple of weeks ago like Morsey, Vaulks, Powell etc, if we haven't got the finances for the latter fine but don't bring others in for the sake of it. 

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A wide player with pace Isn’t that exactly the type of player we could pick up on loan from a big club? 

So who do you suggest? 

When I used to play football, we had a kid play for us who was a bit chunky, we nicknamed him Pie Man.

Played on the left of midfield with his crusty left peg.

And not a lot of people know that.

Hilarious

EC53A40D-7300-4A6E-8765-7D6A5A5A9598.jpeg

• Haha 4

It also depends on what we are looking for in a wide player Until we know how Bruce wants to set up, the type of wide player needed won’t be known For instance, at Villa, he used Kodija as a wide player, probably because he guaranteed goals. Neither Harris nor Aarons offer that.

20 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Correct, it's all speculation, but the latest names been mentioned, Cattermole and Harris seem a down grade on names mentioned a couple of weeks ago like Morsey, Vaulks, Powell etc, if we haven't got the finances for the latter fine but don't bring others in for the sake of it. 

We do need some though and it sounds like plan B in some areas. But as we’ve seen at Cardiff and Sheffield United recently, a good man manager can get more from them.

5 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Hilarious

Wages would be an issue,  reality is a bigger one.

• Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Hilarious

Don’t think Millwall would get him, but wouldn’t rule out us selling him 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t think Millwall would get him, but wouldn’t rule out us selling him 

In the context of Bruce saying some favourites might have to go...