Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good player before he got a bad injury at Hull. Didn’t Bruce sign him before?

Right back isn’t really a problem area though. 

If Palmer doesn't sign though it may be.

Could just be a hurry up to Palmer.

Also there is potential that Iorfa could end up at CB next season too.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Brentford fans gutted about losing him so doesn’t seem as though the injury has ruined him. 

Still only 25 as well!

16 minutes ago, JC3 said:

Brentford fans gutted about losing him so doesn’t seem as though the injury has ruined him. 

Still only 25 as well!

Probably had a better offer from elsewhere i can't see them just releasing him.

46 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah I think so!

Depends if Iorfa has come in as a centre back I suppose or whether Palmer stays

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A bit odd that we are linked with a right back From what I’ve seen, he’s steady enough, but not as good as Palmer, or even Iorfa. Unless of course, Palmer won’t sign his new deal.

He plays central defence, although he’s only 5 ft 11

28 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I've seen that but he's possibly rejected a new contract to go elsewhere, similar to Hooper with us.

Am i missing something,Brentford RELEASE odubajo,we RELEASE hooper,but yet it transpires somehow that they've both rejected offers of new contracts................hows that work exactly ?

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Am i missing something,Brentford RELEASE odubajo,we RELEASE hooper,but yet it transpires somehow that they've both rejected offers of new contracts................hows that work exactly ?

Hooper didn't want to stay here so we released him.

I’ll post this here because it’s so relevant to what is hopefully going to happen over the next few weeks.

Just listening to Klopp say it’s not about tactics, it’s about effort, describing his players as “mentality giants” reiterated what Mourinho has said in commentary moments earlier. Effort, belief, togetherness etc.

Obviously that’s not a new concept but a few of us have banged on about the importance of having mentally robust players to form the core of a winning squad. Both Norwich and the pigs have emphasised this to some degree this season. No real superstars but plenty of belief and endeavour.

It’s something you can see clearly in Hector and Westwood. They played that last game of the season against QPR like it was the first. Bruce has spoken about the need for youthful and hungry players, I’m sure he’ll place great emphasis on mentality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I’ll post this here because it’s so relevant to what is hopefully going to happen over the next few weeks.

Just listening to Klopp say it’s not about tactics, it’s about effort, describing his players as “mentality giants” reiterated what Mourinho has said in commentary moments earlier. Effort, belief, togetherness etc.

Obviously that’s not a new concept but a few of us have banged on about the importance of having mentally robust players to form the core of a winning squad. Both Norwich and the pigs have emphasised this to some degree this season. No real superstars but plenty of belief and endeavour.

It’s something you can see clearly in Hector and Westwood. They played that last game of the season against QPR like it was the first. Bruce has spoken about the need for youthful and hungry players, I’m sure he’ll place great emphasis on mentality.

100% This

14 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Absolutely this.

The amount of points we've lost this season to late goals suggests a mental weakness within the squad.

51 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Nail on head 

5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Will Vaulks could be a decent signing.

Could he be the replacement for Hutchinson?

Vaulks is quality,wouldnt mind him one bit,his contract was due to expire,but tt have tied him down with view to cashing in,they value him highly and theres no shortage of intrest,wont be cheap