42 minutes ago, GHS said:

Oh shut up you big tart.

So much flouncing on this site lately.

So what do you think of Cattermole?

I'd be gutted if we signed Cattermole.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So what do you think of Cattermole?

Not a massive improvement to the squad but a better holding midfielder than Pelupessy 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Cattermoles legs went in 1998. 

Which way did they go, towards his own goal? 

I once had Cattermole in my fantasy football dream team. :biggrin:

I've always thought he's a good footballer, probably past his best at 31 but if Bruce thinks he's good enough that's good enough for me. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

If Bruce wants Cattermole then I trust his decision. Having worked with the player before and knowing his influence in the dressing room & on the pitch.

Bruce has helped assemble playoff of higher squads on 6 occasions in this league, and I back his opinion over some of us on this site 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

The bingo card game would go up a notch if Catermole and Hutchinson are in the middle. 

Cattermole is still twice the player of Pelupessy. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Probably be looking at him tbf, but again wages are huge. Really need to offload Rhodes. 

I think we were quite well on with it as an option at least. We will see.

1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

Nixon saying we have been in for him but wages an issue.

Nixon not getting any decent Wednesday info at moment. He gets info from Agents (Doyen definitely supply him). Cattermole has been wheeled out for last two seasons trying to get rid of him and his high wages. Nixon no idea who Bruce scouts are looking at. If going for old pair of legs in midfield Diame probably best bet. I suspect his wages and Cattermole's not far apart as he received his contract when Sunderland in top flight. 

Personally think younger man such as Vaulks or Morsy better option. Also heard we looked at Lewis Holtby and he was suspended from playing last two games in German second division by his club similar to Borner but no outcry about him.that club and not seen any links as to where going.

36 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Wait til you see him play. 

• Agree 1

Cattermole would bring a bit of grit that we don’t have in the team at the moment.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce wants to play a 3-4-3 next season. Wing backs and holding midfielder is the priority. Cattermole definitely one of his targets, but not sure if we can match his wages. Would be a swap with Winnall, who was due to go to Sunderland in January but chose to fight for his place. 

I’ll trust Bruce’s judgement. If we can get mobile players around Cattermole it could be a decent signing. He’s a fighter, can break up play and protect the defence. Plus Bruce knows his character.

Wasn’t winnall put injured in January?

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Wasn’t winnall put injured in January?

No mate, came back end of December/start of January. Wanted to stay and fight for his place.

Doesn’t matter what Cattermole is on he will never get a contract like that again and if Sunderland want him off there pay check they will have to part pay the contract for example if we offer him 15k a week for 2 years and he has a year left on his current contract Sunderland can pay him 25k for next year Cattermole can get a pay rise in his second year based on games played or promotion so he wouldn’t be missing out and effectively gets another year earning decent money 

the point is will Cattermole improve our team. I trust Bruce to assemble a squad with the right attributes and characters to get us promoted to suit how he wants to play. I know Cattermole has that winning mentality and grit and Bruce has worked with him before. I’d back Bruce on this one but it wouldn’t have been my choice 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Well yeh but is he twice the player of Hutch? Is he really the best option for that position we can come up with?

If he comes in, fine but I was hoping for a more up and coming player tbh.

2 hours ago, GHS said:

Not a massive improvement to the squad but a better holding midfielder than Pelupessy 

I have seen him a few times this season and he is off the pace in League 1. He is obviously more experienced in this league than Joey but will not improve us

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Doesn’t matter what Cattermole is on he will never get a contract like that again and if Sunderland want him off there pay check they will have to part pay the contract for example if we offer him 15k a week for 2 years and he has a year left on his current contract Sunderland can pay him 25k for next year Cattermole can get a pay rise in his second year based on games played or promotion so he wouldn’t be missing out and effectively gets another year earning decent money 

the point is will Cattermole improve our team. I trust Bruce to assemble a squad with the right attributes and characters to get us promoted to suit how he wants to play. I know Cattermole has that winning mentality and grit and Bruce has worked with him before. I’d back Bruce on this one but it wouldn’t have been my choice 

He hasn't had much of a winning mentality at Sunderland. But like you say if Bruce rates him that's fine by me. 

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

So are Gary Shelton and Jeff king. 

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

He hasn't had much of a winning mentality at Sunderland. But like you say if Bruce rates him that's fine by me. 

He’s been riddled with injuries hasn’t he but from my understanding ( I don’t follow football ) he always gives too much which is why is discipline record isn’t the best