Jump to content
theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Recommended Posts

If we have to sell Joao because nobody will take Jordan Rhodes off our hands I'd be gutted. 

  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So who are these clubs who want to buy him

Norwich??

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Norwich sign Rhodes on loan with an agreement already in place for his permanent signing, should they decide to take up the offer at the end of the loan period?

 

In other words, a fee would’ve been agreed from the outset. So is it a case that Norwich now wish to renege on that, and screw us for a smaller fee?

 

Or have I misunderstood the arrangement?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Didn’t Norwich sign Rhodes on loan with an agreement already in place for his permanent signing, should they decide to take up the offer at the end of the loan period?

 

In other words, a fee would’ve been agreed from the outset. So is it a case that Norwich now wish to renege on that, and screw us for a smaller fee?

 

Or have I misunderstood the arrangement?

There was rumoured to have been a 7m optional clause in the contract which they could decide to take up if they wish. But it has been denied by them that a clause even exists.

Edited by pazowl55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s odd that now, having seen him at first hand, they don’t consider him worth the money previously agreed. Yet, they still want him for their top flight campaign

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s odd that now, having seen him at first hand, they don’t consider him worth the money previously agreed. Yet, they still want him for their top flight campaign

They have denied there was an agreement to buy, largely because it took so long to negotiate the loan deal with us. As usual, we don't comment. 

 

That said  understand why they are balking at £7m. Seems they see him more as a dressing room mascot than a first team starter  judging by their comments (much like we have Nuhiu).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, striker said:

They have denied there was an agreement to buy, largely because it took so long to negotiate the loan deal with us. As usual, we don't comment. 

 

That said  understand why they are balking at £7m. Seems they see him more as a dressing room mascot than a first team starter  judging by their comments (much like we have Nuhiu).

Yeah that makes sense, and if they can pick him up for a minimal fee, it’s a pretty no risk gamble. A fee of 3 or 4 million might be a more realistic value, and might attract other suitors

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

 

What you got against Lucas? doesn't he give thumbs ups or applauds crap passes?

 

Dont really know what ur getting at there ?but yeh 

 

what I’ve got against him is he just doesn’t apply himself enough for me, 1 week can look like a superstar next week he’s a dis interested Kim Olsen 

 

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have to accept that negotiations between Norwich and DC are like 2 thirty Scotsmen arguing about who buys the first round, they will take ages to get an agreement

 

The problem is that the £3,5,7 million plus another £2 in wages is instrumental to our summer purchases due to FFP, so don't expect any sexy signings until this is sorted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I think we have to accept that negotiations between Norwich and DC are like 2 thirty Scotsmen arguing about who buys the first round, they will take ages to get an agreement

 

The problem is that the £3,5,7 million plus another £2 in wages is instrumental to our summer purchases due to FFP, so don't expect any sexy signings until this is sorted

At £2 I'd keep him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I think we have to accept that negotiations between Norwich and DC are like 2 thirty Scotsmen arguing about who buys the first round, they will take ages to get an agreement

 

The problem is that the £3,5,7 million plus another £2 in wages is instrumental to our summer purchases due to FFP, so don't expect any sexy signings until this is sorted

 

Our most expensive player is on less than minimum wage? Scandalous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Didn’t Norwich sign Rhodes on loan with an agreement already in place for his permanent signing, should they decide to take up the offer at the end of the loan period?

 

In other words, a fee would’ve been agreed from the outset. So is it a case that Norwich now wish to renege on that, and screw us for a smaller fee?

 

Or have I misunderstood the arrangement?

Surely its in paper somewhere, shouldnt be hard for the club to verify either way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Surely its in paper somewhere, shouldnt be hard for the club to verify either way

 

It was in the local Norwich newspaper.  Don't know if that is good enough for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

 

Our most expensive player is on less than minimum wage? Scandalous.

Performance related pay...,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bakary Sako released by Palace. I know wages will be a stumbling block, but if we could get a deal done we would be an ideal winger for getting service into the box.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 19owl08 said:

 

I really don’t understand why people think Rhodes will suddenly start scoring goals again just because we have Bruce?

 

He’s now struggled for 3 teams... two of which were promotion winning. When he was playing for us under Carlos he missed a good number of opportunities which he should have scored, he missed the penalty against Leeds and then refused to take one in the play offs. 

 

I’d love to be proved wrong because he seems to be a really nice guy but I just can’t see it happening.

He has scored consistently at every club except ours and that was down to Coco and Dross, also he seems to score more playing for English managers who know how to get the best out of him.

Before Bruce came in there were very few fans that backed Fletcher, he was an expensive reject that we should off load asap, enter Bruce and we see a different player and the fans love him, the same will happen with Rhodes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who thinks Fletcher and Rhodes are the future, hasn’t grasped the way the game is going

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Bakary Sako released by Palace. I know wages will be a stumbling block, but if we could get a deal done we would be an ideal winger for getting service into the box.

 

Is he under 25?  I don't want Guru moaning about another player.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Didn’t Norwich sign Rhodes on loan with an agreement already in place for his permanent signing, should they decide to take up the offer at the end of the loan period?

 

In other words, a fee would’ve been agreed from the outset. So is it a case that Norwich now wish to renege on that, and screw us for a smaller fee?

 

Or have I misunderstood the arrangement?

Norwich want to pay a smaller fee we won't get £7m from anywhere, tell him they can have him for £4m but if they stay up they pay us another £1m and if they sell him on for more than they paid we get 25% of the fee.

 

If they think he is over priced at £7m they cannot think they will sell him on for anything like that but if he has 1 good season and scores into double figures we could end up with more than £7m. 

 

The £4m makes the accounts better then we save 32m on his salary and if Norwich stay up we get another £1m - wait a minute 4 + 2 + 1 = you guessed it WTF:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Norwich want to pay a smaller fee we won't get £7m from anywhere, tell him they can have him for £4m but if they stay up they pay us another £1m and if they sell him on for more than they paid we get 25% of the fee.

 

If they think he is over priced at £7m they cannot think they will sell him on for anything like that but if he has 1 good season and scores into double figures we could end up with more than £7m. 

 

The £4m makes the accounts better then we save 32m on his salary and if Norwich stay up we get another £1m - wait a minute 4 + 2 + 1 = you guessed it WTF:

 

Can't see him being on more than David Jones. :Sid:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...