theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I am struggling to come up with anything that rhymes with Lazaar.

Anyone help?

:Sid:

Bobaar.............?

It rhymes 

I didn't infer he's shìt though .......

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

My fűčkîng heart bleeds for him, it really does. 

It's not about that though is it.

His low wages make it affordable for us which is great.

Don't think he cares what Drew from Sheffield thinks of his wages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Literally first time looking at this thread properly..just think of the hours I've saved on you guys:biggrin: we should have a round of betting on the page number of our first proper signing (not re sign)

I'll go for 287

41 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We could do with a couple of centre halves so Borner doesn’t completely rule out Hector. But it’s good we are looking at alternatives given the amount Chelsea might want.

We have to really try and make it happen. The reason we backed out of signing Venancio, was his supposed price of 2m, and yet he moved for 800,000. Have to make sure we don’t make the same mistake with Hector, who was an even better fit. 

Maybe a guideline, Hause has just moved from Wolves to Villa for 3m. That would be a fair price for Hector I would have thought.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We have to really try and make it happen. The reason we backed out of signing Venancio, was his supposed price of 2m, and yet he moved for 800,000. Have to make sure we don’t make the same mistake with Hector, who was an even better fit. 

Maybe a guideline, Hause has just moved from Wolves to Villa for 3m. That would be a fair price for Hector I would have thought.

Difference is one comes from Wolves and the other comes from a club who want 5m for a manager they probably aren't even going to keep anyway.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Difference is one comes from Wolves and the other comes from a club who want 5m for a manager they probably aren't even going to keep anyway.

Yeah, but Sarri is a top manager, Hector isn’t really part of things at Chelsea, and wouldn’t be, even under an embargo

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s more about how many players we need to refresh the side and how we make that work within FFP. If signing Hector leaves us short of any quality out wide then that is short sighted as he would seem a luxury then.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yeah, but Sarri is a top manager, Hector isn’t really part of things at Chelsea, and wouldn’t be, even under an embargo

That dont matter. Chelsea know the market and just like City are brilliant at getting top dollar for players who hardly ever kick a ball for them.

I think if we don’t sign Hector, we will regret it. Tried and trusted. We must be sensible with the Rhodes sale to fund the Hector signing which we desperately need to make. Absolute no brainer!

Think newsnow mentions hector to villa

Just now, Bluesteel said:

It’s more about how many players we need to refresh the side and how we make that work within FFP. If signing Hector leaves us short of any quality out wide then that is short sighted as he would seem a luxury then.

That was partly my point when people were suggesting we signed more right backs. Don’t forget, we’ve already got a fair few players off the pay roll. Rather push the boat out for Hector, who we know can deliver, than duplicate the other positions where we already have enough quality

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I once saw Lazaar in his car in Dunbar, with his door ajar outside an abattoir pulling his plums into a jar of caviar. 

I literally had that exact dream last night!! 

Its a sign....I’m just not sure of what.....lol

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, modboy said:

Think newsnow mentions hector to villa

This is the other issue with Hector.

Not just any fee but the fact other clubs could probably pay him more

Especially somebody like Villa who have Premier money and could offer top league football.

So what do we have, we have been strongly linked with Borner, Odubajo, Bidwell, Onomah and Hector, plus a return for Aarons and Lazaar Recent links added, Willis, Downing and Diame, and maybe a back up keeper. Then there are the young legs we plan to bring in, so maybe a few Premier League youngsters as we get towards the end of the window. Obviously we probably won’t sign all those players. So if Bruce is being realistic about wanting 5 or 6 players, and a smaller more manageable squad, which 5 or 6 should we pick? Yes, they are just rumours, but that is the topic of the thread, so who should we pick.

I think the biggest factor in us not signing hector is location. If a london/southern club come in he goes there. 

Biggest worry is fulham imo

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So what do we have, we have been strongly linked with Borner, Odubajo, Bidwell, Onomah and Hector, plus a return for Aarons and Lazaar Recent links added, Willis, Downing and Diame, and maybe a back up keeper. Then there are the young legs we plan to bring in, so maybe a few Premier League youngsters as we get towards the end of the window. Obviously we probably won’t sign all those players. So if Bruce is being realistic about wanting 5 or 6 players, and a smaller more manageable squad, which 5 or 6 should we pick? Yes, they are just rumours, but that is the topic of the thread, so who should we pick.

Hector is an absolute must and we should try and sell Rhodes for a sensible fee for the good of us and the player. This deal will fund it. 

Whilst I like Odubajo, we don’t need another right back and I just can’t see the logic in bringing him in. Bidwell is just an average championship left back and we can do better. Lazaar is decent but he was injured for the main part, same as Aarons. Is it worth the risk? I don’t know enough about Börner and Willis. Whilst Onomah was pretty average last season, I saw signs that he could be decent under the right manager and system. I would be tempted if we could get the right deal. I would like to bring Sam Morsy in as I think this is the type of signing we could do with to compete with Hutch in defensive midfield. 

Just now, S26 Owl said:

I think the biggest factor in us not signing hector is location. If a london/southern club come in he goes there. 

Biggest worry is fulham imo

Could be, yes We have quite a lot going for us though, as he and his family liked Sheffield, and he’s said he’d be keen to join He won’t be going out on loan, so there’s no point in waiting until the end of the window The longer his future is unresolved, the clubs nearer London may come more into focus

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

I am struggling to come up with anything that rhymes with Lazaar.

Anyone help?

I don't need a woooooooooosh, i just felt like posting this :biggrin:.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hector is an absolute must and we should try and sell Rhodes for a sensible fee for the good of us and the player. This deal will fund it. 

Whilst I like Odubajo, we don’t need another right back and I just can’t see the logic in bringing him in. Bidwell is just an average championship left back and we can do better. Lazaar is decent but he was injured for the main part, same as Aarons. Is it worth the risk? I don’t know enough about Börner and Willis. Whilst Onomah was pretty average last season, I saw signs that he could be decent under the right manager and system. I would be tempted if we could get the right deal. I would like to bring Sam Morsy in as I think this is the type of signing we could do with to compete with Hutch in defensive midfield. 

Forgot about Morsy, anyone else I forgot? Yeah, Hector is an absolute must, and we need to hold some places open for the Premier League youngsters, set to arrive on loan