Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Having a look at who's out of contract in the championship seen as fees is a none starter for us this summer and based on what positions we need..

Bidwell at QPR is out of contract, he's been a consistent left back in this league for a while now and would solve our left back issues.

If Hector doesn't return, there are a host of good centre backs out of contract, Tommy Elphick is out but I know Bruce wasn't mad on him at Villa this season? Luke Chambers has just gone down with Ipswich and I've always thought he's been decent? Also Michael Morrison (shudders after thinking about his first spell here) but he's improved loads at Brum.

Centre midfield Alan Browne is quality at Preston, and as an enforcer I rate Sam Morsy at wigan. Obviously all dependant on if Lee signs up and what we do with Pelupessy.

On the wing as stated earlier, Gavin Massey is out of contract he'd be a good pacey option and cheap like Morsy.

Strikers is a none starter with the abundance of them we have!

I'd like to think there's some pretty realistic names found there

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I don't think that's out of the question with Rhodes.  I know it's the done thing to be a doomsayer and just write him off but he's not at a bad age and knows where the net is.  You never know.

I'm sick of Nuhiu's finger to mouth 'celebration'.  Toxic.  Another year on his contract as well.  I was chuffed when Hector buried that penalty on Saturday.

Unless pullis or karanka want him, I think we'll be stuck with Nuhiu, down the years their the two that seemed to praise/rate him. 

As for Rhodes under the previous regime I don't think he, like many others wasn't actually match fit or sharp. 

There's also the point about the rumours of slight allegations he'd been bullied here before he joined Norwich on loan. 

Like a few others if he's here next season, let's see what Brucie can do with him. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

1 hour ago, westy365owl said:

Like I said in the other thread as well maddison at Peterborough his contract is up this season so got to be worth a shout on a free 

Seen quite a bit of him, and I’d say he is not championship material You never know though

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Seen quite a bit of him, and I’d say he is not championship material You never know though

He is at Peterboro so you know he will be over priced for any fee but has a great league one record. Someone this season will take a punt on him and I can see him going the same way as Dack. Last season 2018/19 he played 51 games, scored 10 goals and assisted 15. He has a record of about 1 in 4/5 from midfield and at 25 is the sort of player we need to be looking at.

2 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I don't think that's out of the question with Rhodes.  I know it's the done thing to be a doomsayer and just write him off but he's not at a bad age and knows where the net is.  You never know.

I'm sick of Nuhiu's finger to mouth 'celebration'.  Toxic.  Another year on his contract as well.  I was chuffed when Hector buried that penalty on Saturday.

Nuhiu is more than aware of what the majority of our fan base think of him

some of the abuse he gets is ‘toxic’ 

can’t say it offends me in the slightest that he throws a bit of banter about when god forbid he scores.

3 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Moses Odubajo from brentford 25 years old on a free can play RB or on wing would allow iorfa to play CB like he said he was hoping to, also Bruce signed him for hull so already knows about him

Saw him tear Leeds a new one the other week .Quality player.

12 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/huddersfield-town-linked-with-move-for-sheffield-wednesday-striker-1-9734211

Might be late to the party here but apparently Huddersfield want Joao. Sounds like guess work to be honest. But it is technically a rumour so here you go.

Well they will certainly have the 8m they’ve been quoted, though why we would sell to a potential promotion rival, I don’t know

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well they will certainly have the 8m they’ve been quoted, though why we would sell to a potential promotion rival, I don’t know

For £8m i will drive him there mi`sen .

• Like 1

Some speculation on here about a right back. Palmer not mentioned in release list suggests we are trying to keep him and he has played well since Christmas. We also have Iorfa therefore can not see another right back being signed. Iorfa does not look a centre back, he has attacking talents which would be best used at full back. Having a tall full back adds extra height which helps at set pieces. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

He is at Peterboro so you know he will be over priced for any fee but has a great league one record. Someone this season will take a punt on him and I can see him going the same way as Dack. Last season 2018/19 he played 51 games, scored 10 goals and assisted 15. He has a record of about 1 in 4/5 from midfield and at 25 is the sort of player we need to be looking at.

And perfectly suited to fill in that left footed right winger spot that Ross Wallace and Adam Reach played for us.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38242860

This toytown fan reckons Will Vaulks is on his way to us.

A guy I work with has a mate who works for a football agency (I’ve no idea which one) and he told me that he’d been told we were interested in Vaulks.

He has a long throw in but other than that, I don’t know much about him.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38242860

This toytown fan reckons Will Vaulks is on his way to us.

Have you taken the time to read that thread.? 

There's a guy on there who reckons we can't afford him, because if we don't release all our high earners we are bankrupt, talk about not understanding what FFP OR P&S is about........... Classic. 

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Have you taken the time to read that thread.? 

There's a guy on there who reckons we can't afford him, because if we don't release all our high earners we are bankrupt, talk about not understanding what FFP OR P&S is about........... Classic. 

my favourite was saying he's more likely to be prem bound with united.