Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

The basic payment is over £80m for the 19/20 season (I was mistaken about the £100m), with a further £1.2m per televised game. Only 3 teams earned under £100m last season for TV money.

Agreed but you would presume most of their players have some form of agreement regarding promotion bonuses and wage increases if promoted, so £80M is not going to encourage them to splash the cash as it were.

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Perhaps he's taken the family on holiday to Weston Super Mare and got a bit bored.

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Steady on on the assumptions, his youth career was in the south west at Bristol... for all we know he's just visiting his parents!

A good tattooist generally has a long waiting list of around 9-12 months, 6 months at best. 

It’s a rumour thread & there’s not much else going on. 

lol

14 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

A good tattooist generally has a long waiting list of around 9-12 months, 6 months at best. 

It’s a rumour thread & there’s not much else going on. 

lol

Sheffield has some excellent tattooists, probably too many therefore waiting time averages out at a 2-3 weeks according to my mate and fellow owl Soski who has a brand new shop, also most shops allow queue jumpers who are willing to pay a premium!

agree with the rest of your comments though!

• Thanks 1

I can't believe how tedious this has become. Roll on the start of the season because at least then there will be something to talk about other than Palmers great/useless, Rhodes is past it/a top player. We are/aren't selling the ground.

I might have to go and talk to the wife for a bit....that's how bored I am.

• Haha 5

Just now, prowl said:

I can't believe how tedious this has become. Roll on the start of the season because at least then there will be something to talk about other than Palmers great/useless, Rhodes is past it/a top player. We are/aren't selling the ground.

I might have to go and talk to the wife for a bit....that's how bored I am.

Woah, steady on fella, let's not do things in haste eh. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Sheffield has some excellent tattooists, probably too many therefore waiting time averages out at a 2-3 weeks according to my mate and fellow owl Soski who has a brand new shop, also most shops allow queue jumpers who are willing to pay a premium!

agree with the rest of your comments though!

Send me a link to your mates website please. I can’t find anyone that I like in Sheffield. I ended up going to Brighton for my last one & had to wait 6 months before the first sitting then another 3 months for the next one to finish it.

2 hours ago, Minton said:

They've just been given £170m...

I think they can afford to splash £15-20m on a striker

True, but seems to be the way with promoted clubs. Take the money and build a top end championship team to come back up.

We also have to assume that promotion bonuses may increase the payroll for existing playing squad substantially, probably 50% at least. 

The gulf is huge and getting bigger, Fulham spent £100m last season and were useless.

Nothing wrong with clubs being prudent, particularly when they perhaps didn't expect promotion and overachieved.

2 hours ago, Southernblues said:

Not a lot to do in Norfolk  - apart from going to Yarmouth and animal husbandry

Football is a big thing and it has a large supporter base as there only 2 teams worth supporting in the whole of Norfolk and Suffolk

Sprowston has a cracking owl sanctuary post-445-0-46538600-1313670172_thumb.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, striker said:

True, but seems to be the way with promoted clubs. Take the money and build a top end championship team to come back up.

We also have to assume that promotion bonuses may increase the payroll for existing playing squad substantially, probably 50% at least. 

The gulf is huge and getting bigger, Fulham spent £100m last season and were useless.

Nothing wrong with clubs being prudent, particularly when they perhaps didn't expect promotion and overachieved.

Cardiff and Hudders spent the best part of £50M each too last season. Can see Norwich easily matching that.

3 hours ago, Quist said:

I assume the £170 million is income from PL  If you are not aware almost went into admin last summer and had to sell players to avoid this. The owners are not in a position to invest large sums of cash into club and when relegated had difficulty funding the club so my understanding is club will not go heavily into debt pending PL money due at end of season but were to keep integrity of squad and make only a few shrewd purchases but these would be at lower end of market. I put this on a thread earlier in month and their CEO said the other day that budget for transfers was not large. Thought this is why went for Rhodes as I thought would be keen to offload and not cost a fortune. I still expect this to come about but probably not until late July. 

I think Brentford want to cash in on Maupay, being touted around.Other clubs getting wary as players they sell often flop.

I read that they only have a 20 million pot to spend. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Apparently they've no intention of keeping them, it's something to do with massaging FFP figures by not wanting them to leave on a free.

Just another example of how ridiculous FFP is, clubs wasting money to help massage their accounts.

5 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Btw if we're looking for an experienced keeper to come in as no. 2, Dorus de Vries has been released by Celtic, we could probably do worse.

Given our recent recruitment history, we probably will. WTF: