Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It seems Norwich have turned their attention to Neal Maupay, who will cost a lot more than Rhodes, but who has more chance of being a success in the Premier League

They do not have budget for such an outlay unless they sell players.

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

They do not have budget for such an outlay unless they sell players.

They've just been given £170m...

I think they can afford to splash £15-20m on a striker

5 minutes ago, Minton said:

I assume the £170 million is income from PL  If you are not aware almost went into admin last summer and had to sell players to avoid this. The owners are not in a position to invest large sums of cash into club and when relegated had difficulty funding the club so my understanding is club will not go heavily into debt pending PL money due at end of season but were to keep integrity of squad and make only a few shrewd purchases but these would be at lower end of market. I put this on a thread earlier in month and their CEO said the other day that budget for transfers was not large. Thought this is why went for Rhodes as I thought would be keen to offload and not cost a fortune. I still expect this to come about but probably not until late July. 

I think Brentford want to cash in on Maupay, being touted around.Other clubs getting wary as players they sell often flop.

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

I assume the £170 million is income from PL  If you are not aware almost went into admin last summer and had to sell players to avoid this. The owners are not in a position to invest large sums of cash into club and when relegated had difficulty funding the club so my understanding is club will not go heavily into debt pending PL money due at end of season but were to keep integrity of squad and make only a few shrewd purchases but these would be at lower end of market. I put this on a thread earlier in month and their CEO said the other day that budget for transfers was not large. Thought this is why went for Rhodes as I thought would be keen to offload and not cost a fortune. I still expect this to come about but probably not until late July. 

I think Brentford want to cash in on Maupay, being touted around.Other clubs getting wary as players they sell often flop.

Norwich have never paid big wages, and pretty much sell out their stadium every week. With such prudent housekeeping, how did they find themselves in such a position?

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Norwich have never paid big wages, and pretty much sell out their stadium every week. With such prudent housekeeping, how did they find themselves in such a position?

Not a lot to do in Norfolk  - apart from going to Yarmouth and animal husbandry

Football is a big thing and it has a large supporter base as there only 2 teams worth supporting in the whole of Norfolk and Suffolk

1 minute ago, Southernblues said:

Football is a big thing and it has a large supporter base as there only 2 teams worth supporting in the whole of Norfolk and Suffolk

Yeah, Norwich and Kings Lyn 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Quist said:

Hopefully that is good news for us if we want rid of Rhodes, they can't afford to gamble

42 minutes ago, Minton said:

Clubs receive PL payments at the end of each season.  Norwich are not prepared to borrow against next season's payment.  They are working to a tight budget.  They will not be signing the likes of Maupay or Gayle.  

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Clubs receive PL payments at the end of each season.  Norwich are not prepared to borrow against next season's payment.  They are working to a tight budget.  They will not be signing the likes of Maupay or Gayle.  

They receive the TV money at the start of the season though, and that's close to £100m

Just now, Sham67 said:

Was just about to say this. The PL haven't just gone to Norwich and given them £170m in one lump sum, that's just what having one season in the prem is worth. 

21 minutes ago, Southernblues said:

Yarmouth is a shithole 

North Norfolk has probably the best beaches in the UK , The Broads are wonderful, Sandringham is nice but you have to dodge out of control Range Rovers 

Plenty to do .

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Yarmouth is a shithole 

North Norfolk has probably the best beaches in the UK , The Broads are wonderful, Sandringham is nice but you have to dodge out of control Range Rovers 

Plenty to do .

I concur, it’s a great county, and Norwich is a damn fine city. Different to Sheffield of course, but a good city nevertheless

7 minutes ago, Minton said:

They receive the TV money at the start of the season though, and that's close to £100m

The TV money is made up from a basic payment to all teams then added to by how many TV appearances they make and their final league position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

The TV money is made up from a basic payment to all teams then added to by how many TV appearances they make and their final league position.

The basic payment is over £80m for the 19/20 season (I was mistaken about the £100m), with a further £1.2m per televised game. Only 3 teams earned under £100m last season for TV money.

• Like 1