Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

26 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Dawson asked to leave.

Been battered from pillar to post all season by certain fans just because he isn't Keiren Westwood  good enough yet.

Said it back in December when Westwood returned that Dawson was finished here.

Fixed it for you.

Have him out on loan and build up his all round game and confidence in front of a back 4, if he improves then great if not.... Bye!

30 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Dawson asked to leave.

Been battered from pillar to post all season by certain fans just because he isn't Keiren Westwood.

Said it back in December when Westwood returned that Dawson was finished here.

He wasn't particularly singled out - comments were made when he made errors, which most players go through if they have a stinker.  The main issue was that we had a better keeper being left to rot and that the rest of the defence were not as well organised under Dawson

5 hours ago, Brommers said:

He's not named in the article (see other thread) as one of the eight players released by Villa.

VILLA'S 27-WORD EXIT STATEMENT

The out-of-favour striker had a year remaining on his Villa Park contract, which was due to rise in financial terms after promotion to the Premier League.

His wage was due increase to around £70,000 a week after Villa beat Derby County in the Championship play-off final last week.

The club said: “Aston Villa can confirm Ross McCormack is to leave the club after signing a variation agreement. The club would like to wish Ross well for the future.”

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Derby have given 12 month extensions to Bradley Johnson, Nick Blackman and Jacob Butterfield.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-gave-new-contracts-2937197

I can’t see the value in new contracts for Blackman and Butterfield... they are both poo and Derby should just relinquish the fact that they were both poor signings and their value has decreased somewhat 

Sounds like Bruce is interested in bringing another goalkeeper in (Andy Lonergan has been rumoured), thus allowing Dawson and Wildsmith to move on either temp or perm. 

Id much rather Wildsmith leave on loan with Dawson going permanently. I think the treatment of Wildsmith has been pretty poor to be honest- he played really well towards the back end of 17-18 and then Dawson was given a go when we were mathematically safe and then hasn't been seen since.

1 minute ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Sounds like Bruce is interested in bringing another goalkeeper in (Andy Lonergan has been rumoured), thus allowing Dawson and Wildsmith to move on either temp or perm. 

Id much rather Wildsmith leave on loan with Dawson going permanently. I think the treatment of Wildsmith has been pretty poor to be honest- he played really well towards the back end of 17-18 and then Dawson was given a go when we were mathematically safe and then hasn't been seen since.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to get both out on loan, more value in spending the season playing games, than sat on the bench or the U23's.

Bruce will I hope have an eye on up and coming young players with a sell on value .We need to go down this route ,Why are some of you still wanting to sign players ,That are wanting to come for a last big pay day ,Jones prime example ,Next club for him Grimsby ,We need young players with energy and ambition ,Granted we do need experience ,But not a team of overpaid castoffs from other clubs.

Seems to me like more unnecessary upheaval. Dawson and Wildsmith are more than decent as a back up championship keeper, send them out on alternate half season loans. Concentrate our resources on areas that need strengthening, or we are just making the same mistakes as we made post Wembley

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

VILLA'S 27-WORD EXIT STATEMENT

The out-of-favour striker had a year remaining on his Villa Park contract, which was due to rise in financial terms after promotion to the Premier League.

His wage was due increase to around £70,000 a week after Villa beat Derby County in the Championship play-off final last week.

The club said: “Aston Villa can confirm Ross McCormack is to leave the club after signing a variation agreement. The club would like to wish Ross well for the future.”

£2 mill On your Bike. Money for Nothing !

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Seems to me like more unnecessary upheaval. Dawson and Wildsmith are more than decent as a back up championship keeper, send them out on alternate half season loans. Concentrate our resources on areas that need strengthening, or we are just making the same mistakes as we made post Wembley

I certainly don't see it as upheaval.

Wildsmith has effectively wasted a year by not being able to play, he needs competitive match practice to benefit both himself and us.

If we allow the keeper(s) to move out temporarily then it makes sense to bring in an experienced pro to keep Westwood on his toes. 

8 hours ago, Prince said:

Fixed it for you.

Have him out on loan and build up his all round game and confidence in front of a back 4, if he improves then great if not.... Bye!

He's more than good enough.

He's just not as good as best keeper in the league.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

He wasn't particularly singled out - comments were made when he made errors, which most players go through if they have a stinker.  The main issue was that we had a better keeper being left to rot and that the rest of the defence were not as well organised under Dawson

He was made scapegoat under Jos. Whilst he made a few basic errors, the goal against Rotherham for example, he saved us numerous times from getting some right tonkings.

You are right about their being a better keeper left to rot, which is my point entirely that he was getting stick because he wasn't Westwood.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Cant see teams agreeing to having a keeper on loan til Jan only can you?

Think singing an experienced backup would make sense to allow both Dawson and Wildsmith to leave on loan. He would cost us may be a couple of grand, if that.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t think replacing two keepers wages with one in order for our two to go and get experience would really be on the same level as wasting everything we’ve got on Urby and Abdi. Bit of perspective.

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I certainly don't see it as upheaval.

Wildsmith has effectively wasted a year by not being able to play, he needs competitive match practice to benefit both himself and us.

If we allow the keeper(s) to move out temporarily then it makes sense to bring in an experienced pro to keep Westwood on his toes. 

I understand the logic of getting Wildsmith out on loan, and yes he should have gone out last season. My argument against buying a new keeper, as well as a new right back, is that, those are two of the positions where we have good options. Left back, centre back, centre and wide midfield, are bigger priorities

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I understand the logic of getting Wildsmith out on loan, and yes he should have gone out last season. My argument against buying a new keeper, as well as a new right back, is that, those are two of the positions where we have good options. Left back, centre back, centre and wide midfield, are bigger priorities

The only name mentioned so far is a free agent.