Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

8 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I'd take Tommy Elphick, Albert Adomah, Ritchie De Laet and Micah Richards on free transfers if the contracts were right ..

Although I know Bruce wasn't keen on any of these players during his time at Villa anyway!!

8 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Would anyone take Tommy Rowe from Doncaster Rovers

Anymore? 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

If true then good on him because he won't get a look in while ever Westwood is here. 

While I’d be happy for Dawson to go out on loan, and get some experience, I’d be dead against letting him go permanently 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

While I’d be happy for Dawson to go out on loan, and get some experience, I’d be dead against letting him go permanently 

It would depend what kind of fee and future payment clauses were offered, wouldn't it?

There's not much between Dawson and Wildsmith as far as I can see, so to keep both as backup seems wasteful if there's decent money to be made...

Guest wilyfox

Decent keepers aren't hard to come by. I wouldn't lose any sleep. Dawson is a good shot stopper, but he can't command the defence in front of him yet. Needs work. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Decent keepers aren't hard to come by. I wouldn't lose any sleep. Dawson is a good shot stopper, but he can't command the defence in front of him yet. Needs work. 

True. Probably the only position in the last 15-20 years we have really had some quality in.

37 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Agree Dawson is far from the finished item, but he’s still relatively inexperienced, and if he can work on those areas you identify as a weakness, he still has a good chance of making it. My suggestion back in May, was to send both youngsters out for six months apiece, and then assess the situation. Westwood is crucial for us next year, and will rightly be first choice, but he is at the veteran stage and will soon need replacing If we can do that in house, all the better

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree Dawson is far from the finished item, but he’s still relatively inexperienced, and if he can work on those areas you identify as a weakness, he still has a good chance of making it. My suggestion back in May, was to send both youngsters out for six months apiece, and then assess the situation. Westwood is crucial for us next year, and will rightly be first choice, but he is at the veteran stage and will soon need replacing If we can do that in house, all the better

If we do get promoted next season Dawson wouldn't be anything like good enough to replace Westwood in the Premiership.

I can see why he might want to move on, he had half a season as first choice now he's back down in the pecking order. It's a very hard life being a keeper, most of them end up as understudies and rarely get a run of games. Sometimes you need to drop a league to get first team foofball. Westwood knows what that is like.

If he goes good luck to him, just in the wrong place or at the wrong time.

40 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Terrible mistake to let Dawson go permanently if that's the case.

Unless he's asked to go.  No point keeping anybody that doesn't want to be here.

Dawson or Wildsmith will need to go if we keep hold of Westwood - if either of them have any ambition anyway. If the rumours are true that Dawson has asked to leave then it suggests we may be close to tying down Westwood and therefore he finds his options limited.

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Ross McCormack has been released by Villa after 3 years.

Forgot all about him

lol

I heard on Talksport last week that under the terms of his contract he got a pay rise to £70K per week due to Villa getting promoted.

So either this was poo information or Villa have paid up his contract.