theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Most player's contracts don't end until June 31, so the majority of free transfer players won't be announced until July 1st, when their new contract with their new club starts.

• Agree 2

Why do contracts run until the end of June. Surely it would make more sense for them to be soon after the end of the season?

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

Why do contracts run until the end of June. Surely it would make more sense for them to be soon after the end of the season?

That makes far too much sense.lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

MICAH RICHARDS,MICAH F-----G RICHARDS,Have you lost your senses man..............jeeez louise.

He's deluded, Deluded.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Minton said:

Most player's contracts don't end until June 31, so the majority of free transfer players won't be announced until July 1st, when their new contract with their new club starts.

June 31st ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

June 31st ?

We're Sheffield Wednesday, we'll mess with the Gregorian calendar when we want!

• Haha 7

I know a few people at Hastings United and was told over the weekend that we’ve agreed a deal to sign their 18 year old midfielder - Adam Lovatt, who has also attracted interest from Leeds, Crystal Palace, Watford, Sunderland and Brighton. 

No doubt for the development squad but he’s a very good player and certainly one for the future. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Surprised at this one, thought half term had finished.  UTO 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

June 31st ?

That is why we aren't signing anyone. They've all been duped into contracts they can't get out of due to an invalid expiry date. 

Maybe.

Ffs

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

June 31st ?

June 30th even.

I'll get me coat 

image.jpeg.9f16aaaa0ea23651de1c567b359f049e.jpeg

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Junglejay said:

I know a few people at Hastings United and was told over the weekend that we’ve agreed a deal to sign their 18 year old midfielder - Adam Lovatt, who has also attracted interest from Leeds, Crystal Palace, Watford, Sunderland and Brighton. 

No doubt for the development squad but he’s a very good player and certainly one for the future. 

adamlove@eve.com :wub:

I thought new contracts started on June 1st

2 hours ago, Junglejay said:

Adam Lovatt, is a very good player at level 8 football , could step up one day , as i think only 18 or 19 , already had trials at Leicester and Leeds and i think he might have also had a  trial at sunderland .Definitely one for the development squad.

Marc Pugh ?  Legs gone ? 

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Marc Pugh ?  Legs gone ? 

Over 30, past his best, no pace, 3yr deal!

oh wait, doesn't get injured enough. Perhaps just the 2yrs or maybe a loan or summat. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Junglejay said:

This move would be clever from a marketing point of view. The lad was part of a popular YouTube series trying to find the next football talent. A lot of younger football fans might start to keep an eye on us as a result. 

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Over 30, past his best, no pace, 3yr deal!

oh wait, doesn't get injured enough. Perhaps just the 2yrs or maybe a loan or summat. 

Aint got pace but we’ve definitely not got anyone that can swing a delivery in like him 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I thought new contracts started on June 1st

July 1st to my knowledge.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Marc Pugh ?  Legs gone ? 

Marc Pugh would be an excellent signing.

Was brilliant in his loan spell at Hull last season!

• Agree 1