Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Marc Pugh ?  Legs gone ? 

Over 30, past his best, no pace, 3yr deal!

oh wait, doesn't get injured enough. Perhaps just the 2yrs or maybe a loan or summat. 

3 hours ago, Junglejay said:

I know a few people at Hastings United and was told over the weekend that we’ve agreed a deal to sign their 18 year old midfielder - Adam Lovatt, who has also attracted interest from Leeds, Crystal Palace, Watford, Sunderland and Brighton. 

No doubt for the development squad but he’s a very good player and certainly one for the future. 

This move would be clever from a marketing point of view. The lad was part of a popular YouTube series trying to find the next football talent. A lot of younger football fans might start to keep an eye on us as a result. 

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Over 30, past his best, no pace, 3yr deal!

oh wait, doesn't get injured enough. Perhaps just the 2yrs or maybe a loan or summat. 

Aint got pace but we’ve definitely not got anyone that can swing a delivery in like him 

11 minutes ago, owlse said:

Not my rumour.  So don’t quote me lol

Dawson going to Barnsley and already had a medical. 

Guess it would make sense. Hope if true it’s only a loan though 

Agree, a season long loan would be a good move to continue his development.

Edited by striker

4 hours ago, Junglejay said:

I know a few people at Hastings United and was told over the weekend that we’ve agreed a deal to sign their 18 year old midfielder - Adam Lovatt, who has also attracted interest from Leeds, Crystal Palace, Watford, Sunderland and Brighton. 

No doubt for the development squad but he’s a very good player and certainly one for the future. 

I know a couple of people who follow this league. I just had a chat with them and this lad is rated very highly. Apparently pick of league of his type of player which is box to box midfield player. Likes to get stuck and battle. I have no idea if he has signed for us but he is a promising young lad. Has been on trial with several teams and loads of sides have looked at him. Only surprising thing is we have several promising players from U/18s who will be in direct competition with for u/23s. namely Shaw, Waldock, Kirby and Jack Lee. and Grant attacking midfielder.

31 minutes ago, owlse said:

Not my rumour.  So don’t quote me lol

Dawson going to Barnsley and already had a medical. 

Guess it would make sense. Hope if true it’s only a loan though 

Be interesting to see what happens with Wildsmith if true.  SB hasn't seen him in a competitive match yet, wouldn't be surprised if he brought another keeper in.