Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I’m not sure this 5 or 6 new players adds up. If it’s right that we have lined up Odubajo, Borner and Bidwell, as the first three in, and the interest in Onomah, Downing and Hector is genuine, than that could be us done. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood, Dawson, Wildsmith

Palmer, Iorfa, Lees, Van Aken, Thorniley J.Lee, Penney, Fox

Reach, Lee, Bannan, Pelupessy, Hutchinson, Stobbs, Preston, Kirby, Hunt

Forestieri, Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Winnall

I count 26 players who were used in some capacity last season. There are other young lads who are on pro deals too who can’t keep turning out for the 23s (Hughes, Borokov, Damba and the new intake). If you add Odubajo, Borner, Bidwell and Onomah to that - in total 33 players in the squad.

Whether the young lads are near the first team or not, that’s far too many professionals at the club. 

Preston, Stobbs, Lee, Kirby, and even Baker, probably won’t be around, or at least shouldn’t be

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce made no secret that he liked Onomah in his interviews back end of the season. He’ll be top on his priority list. 

I just hope we see players move on in the coming weeks too. Despite all those we released our squad is still very bloated.  

I think Hector would be Bruce's top priority but clearly he's got to see if a deal can be struck with them and this may not be resolved until August.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Preston, Stobbs, Lee, Kirby, and even Baker, probably won’t be around, or at least shouldn’t be

Completely forgot about Baker. With Odubajo joining he will be on his way out you would have thought.

Kirby and Preston need a loan spell. Doubt they'll make it at Wednesday but for the sake of their own careers they need to go out and get some first team experience. 

Not sure why we offered Stobbs a new 2 year deal last season. He must be 22/23?

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure this 5 or 6 new players adds up. If it’s right that we have lined up Odubajo, Borner and Bidwell, as the first three in, and the interest in Onomah, Downing and Hector is genuine, than that could be us done. 

There’s a reason he said 5 or 6, it’s just a rough guess. It could be 7, he could move some out and it be 8 or 9.

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Jeez I really hope that’s not the 6

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Should imagine it's Odubajo but why are people expecting us to announce something on Saturday? Player contracts don't run out until the end of June.

No idea, just what I heard. 

I’ve seen clubs announce signings before though saying that a player will join them on a certain date. 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Should imagine it's Odubajo but why are people expecting us to announce something on Saturday? Player contracts don't run out until the end of June.

You are officially allowed to talk to players with a month remaining on their deal is why I'd imagine.

Although that doesn't stop Borner as since he's from abroad it's from Jan 1st.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d say we are bloated in midfield and upfront. We have 3 goalkeepers (presuming Westwood has signed) which is too many. Plus we have a shed load of young players on professional contracts who either need letting go of or sending out on loan. 

We are light out wide and a centre back short (even though we have Lees, Thorniley and Van Aken still to choose from).

and Iorfa.

Bruce and Bullen have both said we need 6 players. So far we seem to have sewed up

1. Börner

2. Odubajo

Really solid interest in

3. Stuart Findlay

4. Jake Boswell

Fitting rumours about

5.Benjamin Kololli

One more player for a fee if we don't move anyone out

3 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Bruce and Bullen have both said we need 6 players. So far we seem to have sewed up

1. Börner

2. Odubajo

Really solid interest in

3. Stuart Findlay

4. Jake Boswell

Fitting rumours about

5.Benjamin Kololli

Not sure that lot would improve our starting line up that much

Can see Börner , Odubajo and Bidwell coming in 

Don’t think we will spend the ££ required for Onomah, Downing would be a massive shock and against everything Bruce has said he’s looking for 

11 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

1. Börner

2. Odubajo

Really solid interest in

3. Stuart Findlay

4. Jake Boswell

Fitting rumours about

5.Benjamin Kololli

who is Jake Boswell, heard of Jake Hastie of Motherwell but not a Jake Boswell.

• Haha 1