Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 hours ago, bradowl said:
 @transfer_first
FollowFollow @transfer_first
More

Aston Villa & Sheffield United are now front runners to sign departing Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale on loan. #SUFC #AVFC

:tango::tango::tango:

Ive heard they are just waiting to tie up a few loose ends with M Salah before they announce them both in a double signing. 

4 minutes ago, owlse said:

Jake Bidwell has agreed to sign, expect him to be one of the three to be confirmed on the 1st

Really slated at QPR this season. Hopefully it’s another Lees, Hector situation. A new club with a fresh manager hopefully he’ll be the player he was at Brentford.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

So Borner, Bidwell and ............... Downing or someone else?

Should imagine it's Odubajo but why are people expecting us to announce something on Saturday? Player contracts don't run out until the end of June.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

So Borner, Bidwell and ............... Downing or someone else?

Borner,Bidwell and Odubajo have all 100% signed.

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

It's worth noting that it was footballinsider247 who broke the Bidwell story the same source that reckons Onomah is close to signing a permanent contract with us.

Bruce made no secret that he liked Onomah in his interviews back end of the season. He’ll be top on his priority list. 

I just hope we see players move on in the coming weeks too. Despite all those we released our squad is still very bloated.  

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce made no secret that he liked Onomah in his interviews back end of the season. He’ll be top on his priority list. 

I just hope we see players move on in the coming weeks too. Despite all those we released our squad is still very bloated.  

It might be bloated in the forward department but it isn't elsewhere at the moment.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Players definitely need to be moving out and I hope for once that we manager to get quite a few of the youngsters out on loan to help with their development. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If Westwood and Palmer sign, it’s 22, including 3 keepers. Think an optimum number will be about 24. Bruce has said himself, he wants to operate with a much slimmer squad. He’s gone on record as saying, he’d like to add 5 or 6, so we’d need 3 or 4 to go out. 

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

It might be bloated in the forward department but it isn't elsewhere at the moment.

I’d say we are bloated in midfield and upfront. We have 3 goalkeepers (presuming Westwood has signed) which is too many. Plus we have a shed load of young players on professional contracts who either need letting go of or sending out on loan. 

We are light out wide and a centre back short (even though we have Lees, Thorniley and Van Aken still to choose from).

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d say we are bloated in midfield and upfront. We have 3 goalkeepers (presuming Westwood has signed) which is too many. Plus we have a shed load of young players on professional contracts who either need letting go of or sending out on loan. 

We are light out wide and a centre back short (even though we have Lees, Thorniley and Van Aken still to choose from).

I personally can see Iorfa being used at both CB and RB next season with Odubajo being 1st choice RB/RWB.

Borner, Lees, Iorfa, Thorniley and Hopefully Hector as CB options. I can't see Van Aken getting a look in next season so hopefully he moves on.

Edited by s6 owl

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

If Westwood and Palmer sign, it’s 22, including 3 keepers. Think an optimum number will be about 24. Bruce has said himself, he wants to operate with a much slimmer squad. He’s gone on record as saying, he’d like to add 5 or 6, so we’d need 3 or 4 to go out. 

Westwood, Dawson, Wildsmith

Palmer, Iorfa, Lees, Van Aken, Thorniley J.Lee, Penney, Fox

Reach, Lee, Bannan, Pelupessy, Hutchinson, Stobbs, Preston, Kirby, Hunt

Forestieri, Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Winnall

I count 26 players who were used in some capacity last season. There are other young lads who are on pro deals too who can’t keep turning out for the 23s (Hughes, Borokov, Damba and the new intake). If you add Odubajo, Borner, Bidwell and Onomah to that - in total 33 players in the squad.

Whether the young lads are near the first team or not, that’s far too many professionals at the club.