Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Ridiculous money......

The Sun say Aston Villa are preparing a club-record £20m bid for Brentford striker Neal Maupay.

He'd be great for them. Type of striker I though blades would go for, glad they aren't if truth be told.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I swear players leave Brentford and never actually go on to better things except earn more money. Jota, Hogan and Odubajo spring to mind.

Egan at the Pigs I guess. 

What we aught to be doing is getting Brentford recruitment guy here, or nickin their academy recruitment/ techniques and applying the same process here. The amount of players they recruit/ develop and sell for big money is unreal. What a quality set up they must have for a relatively small club is unreal. Hats off to them.

5 minutes ago, marshy said:

What we aught to be doing is getting Brentford recruitment guy here, or nickin their academy recruitment/ techniques and applying the same process here. The amount of players they recruit/ develop and sell for big money is unreal. What a quality set up they must have for a relatively small club is unreal. Hats off to them.

They do ever so well. But they are a small club with relatively low expectations. 

Compare that with Wednesday, as a club we are desperate to get ‘back where we belong’. The same patience and recruitment strategy just wouldn’t work as well here. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

You see I have an issue with this "where we deserve to be" quote, no disrespect intended.

So do I. But you can’t deny that there is a feeling that permeates throughout the club that we deserve to be in the top flight. Due to our history, fanbase, stadium  etc. Brentford don’t have that and they can take risks and be patient. They are punching above their weight as a club in the Championship as it is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They do ever so well. But they are a small club with relatively low expectations. 

Compare that with Wednesday, as a club we are desperate to get ‘back where we belong’. The same patience and recruitment strategy just wouldn’t work as well here. 

It does make it easier, but they also persist with talent. There is no way they would go with a player like Fletcher, even if they could afford his wages. Joao would play ahead of him, every day of the week.

Football was summed up for me in two ways last night. A stadium a million miles from anywhere, may as well have played on Mars. With hardly any regular Chelsea or Arsenal fans present due to costs. The fat cats of UEFA and so on sat in the boxes loving it. The fans a bus ride from the pitch. Then finally, Chelsea fans back home saying it's ok, but we are better than winning the UEFA cup. WTF. Money, Money, Money.

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It does make it easier, but they also persist with talent. There is no way they would go with a player like Fletcher, even if they could afford his wages. Joao would play ahead of him, every day of the week.

If Joao had 3 bad games in a row the fans would demand he is dropped.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

If Joao had 3 bad games in a row the fans would demand he is dropped.

Yes exactly, which was the point you were making There isn’t the pressure, there is at Hillsborough. 

8 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Westwood signs

Hector, Odubajo, hourihane, Borner and Bidwell. A LB, LW and RW on loan and we'd be in a good position

Don't think we've a chance of getting Hourihane. I'd love him but he's been pretty vital to villa this season. 

4 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

Don't think we've a chance of getting Hourihane. I'd love him but he's been pretty vital to villa this season. 

Seemed to be a little bit out of favour a few weeks before the play offs but has finished the season as a start definitely

1 minute ago, S26 Owl said:

Seemed to be a little bit out of favour a few weeks before the play offs but has finished the season as a start definitely

Well at least this should be an interesting transfer window unlike last year. 

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Ridiculous money......

The Sun say Aston Villa are preparing a club-record £20m bid for Brentford striker Neal Maupay.

He's been linked with the Blades as well, but he'll go to Villa in all probability as he played for Smith at Brentford.