Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I'd class a major transfer if there is a transfer fee involved. Hope your right though as we are desperately short of quality.

Fair enough, if that's your definition.

It might be with bearing in mind that we paid fees for Pelupessy and van Aken yet signed Bannan, Westwood and Fletcher on frees, though.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fair enough, if that's your definition.

It might be with bearing in mind that we paid fees for Pelupessy and van Aken yet signed Bannan, Westwood and Fletcher on frees, though.

That's where we need to be canny using Bruce's connections and experience to find a few discarded gems.  Will also depend on what DC is prepared to spend on wages.   

I hope we let 2 or 3 more go for fees and bring in 5 or 6 new bloods made up of canny loans and a couple of key signings. Can't see us fighting for promotion otherwise. Don't thing Bruce would be happy with anything less. 

Have a suspicion there maybe even more changes than that. 

Believe in Steve. 

And Dejphon too. 

Good Times are calling. 

13 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

That's where we need to be canny using Bruce's connections and experience to find a few discarded gems.  Will also depend on what DC is prepared to spend on wages.   

Discarded gems, rough diamonds, players that have failed to live upto their potential. These are the players the club needs to bring in. But they need to be the right ones. So easy to pick up the fakes and miss the gems. Bruce and his scouts need to identify players with the right mental attributes as much as technical skills that he can mould into a winning team. 

But to us fans, that would be a summer of disappointing "meh" signings. We need something to get us excited. A marquee signing. A precocious talent. But that would be a mistake. This summer needs to be about building a team not 11 individuals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

She's quite good isn't she... bit young though.

Arat Hosseini a 5-year-old Iranian boy who is causing sensation on the internet with his FOOTBALL skills has now Global Brands queuing up for their products/services endorsement. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Hector, Morsy and a few solid frees and loanees; with some pace and power, as well as some more outgoings, plus along with Bruce's experience and know-how, could give us a more reasonable shot at being more solid and consistent enough to have a proper go at top 6?lol

I think Hector and Morsy would be top of my list of players to sign aswell.

Let's hope Chansiri has sorted of our FFP somehow so we can compete in the market.

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Will be surprised if we make any major transfers, apart from some loan signings we will go with what we have. 

I don't think so,if capital as been generated through the sale of the ground the wages can be financed through the reduction in the size of the squad ,we've already made sizable reductions in the wages and if Rhodes goes that will assist, so I do expect some signings that have to be paid for.

the sale of the ground is a throw of the dice not to be repeated.

5 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

My sons team many years ago was in an under 11s tournament, there was an 8 year old girl playing in it who was just like her, my sons team got knocked out in the first round, but I stayed just to watch her, an incredible talent, mesmerising, her dad was the coach and he tried to be fair by leaving her out in the final, but he had to bring her on when they were 2-0 down, she scored a hatrick to win it 3-2.

3 hours ago, akbuk said:

I don't think so,if capital as been generated through the sale of the ground the wages can be financed through the reduction in the size of the squad ,we've already made sizable reductions in the wages and if Rhodes goes that will assist, so I do expect some signings that have to be paid for.

the sale of the ground is a throw of the dice not to be repeated.

the sale of the ground is a throw of the dice that cant be repeated as we only have the one ground. (IMO)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, billyblack said:

the sale of the ground is a throw of the dice that cant be repeated as we only have the one ground. (IMO)

That's what I said unless Chansiri sells it back to the swf C company and then buy it back again and round and round we go

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

All very well but i look almost as good playing against a bunch of 5 year olds, shes very one footed and i saw her do nowt with her head!

We need to sign better.

:tango:

• Haha 3