Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

11 hours ago, Bathgate said:

Matias pretty much always worked hard, that was one of the best things about him. Also... Maybe some people think he will suddenly improve is cause he is 22years old. And got about 10-13 years left of his career?

If he shows the form he has whilst on loan here and the same work ethic he will be lucky to have 5 more years. If you dont want it at 22 then you never will. Look at the youngsters in the England squad theyve got there through effort and hardwork. Talents no good without application. Not seen much of either from Onohmah. Pipe dreams saying he will be worth millions in profit to us in 2 or 3 seasons.

20 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Firstly, is that insulting language necessary?

secondly, the same principles of negotiating stand.  If you want to barter you don’t start at a price that is so ridiculous it will make the other party walk away rather than try and conclude a deal.

If we're talking about bad language then your incorrect use of the word "barter" needs to be brought to account.

Bartering is the act of exchanging goods or services for other such goods or services. Negotiating the price of a specific item is "haggling".

People getting this wrong makes my fkin pizz boil.

:Sid:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

See that Joe Aribo, young highly rated Charlton midfielder, is out of contract. Stoke are after him to go along with their other expected free transfer signings Adam Davies, Nick Powell and Lee Gregory.

I'd be severely underwhelmed if we signed those players. 

Just now, flo said:

He didn't even rule it out. I'm surprised the players managed to stay that calm. 

Currently don't think they're allowed to rule it out in the (highly unusual) circumstance that it goes in off the ref. Rules due to be changed this summer to alter that though, seems barmy no one thought about it before. 

22 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Very bored so I’ve decided to predict how we will line-up first game of the new season:

Westwood

Palmer Lees Borner Bidwell

Bannan Morsy Onomah

Reach Fletcher Nmecha

Subs:

Dawson, Iorfa, Thorniley, Odubajo, Lee, Forestieri, Rhodes

Feel free to take your guess. We’ll see how close we are in a couple of months time. 

Westwood

Odubajo Lees Borner Dasilva

Hutchinson Vaulks

Reach Bannan Woodburn

Fletcher

Dawson/Wildsmith, Iorfa, Palmer, Thorniley, Lee, Joao, Rhodes.