theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

We need a rule on this thread, whereby the thread cannot go more than 3 pages without a rumour being posted. 

Some reyt bumders on here at times.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, prowl said:

He wasn't worth £4m and I seriously doubt we paid that for him. Maybe the whole package was worth that if we put in a lot of add on clauses but no way was that the real fee.

bloody hope not

9 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Would agree but Onohma showed very little and to get out of this league its more about attitude and effort. Thats why the likes of the Pigs, Cardiff, Burnley, andHuddersfield,have been promoted. We need players who give there all week in week out.

Not exactly true, you need the quality to go with it. All those clubs you've listed had a lot of good quality players as well as being hardworking, if all you needed was 11 hard workers we could get promoted with a load of Semedos and Chris O'Gradys.

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

I'd agree with you until the last 12 months. 

The 1m loan fee for Rhodes, Iorfa for 250k. The Hector loan. Bannan and Joao contracts.The Bruce arrival and letting him start at his choosing.

That's been an improvement to be fair so there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Seemed to coincide with KMs time here tbf.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The assumptions are based on solid evidence since he has only sold one player, ever!

Are you quite sure? Lol

Guess you guys have never been involved in any kind of price negotiation. You never tell them the price you actually want. You tell them a higher price and settle on a lower one. Thought most people knew this!

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

Guess you guys have never been involved in any kind of price negotiation. You never tell them the price you actually want. You tell them a higher price and settle on a lower one. Thought most people knew this!

Do you tell them double or treble the worth though? If i was buying a car for 2k and the guy started at 5k i would just laugh and walk off

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

I sell low and deal straight away.

I don't know the price I actually want.

Should I stay away from eBay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Bought for £300k sold to Preston for £500k profit but only a little.

So we made a £200,000 profit then?

Edited by casbahowl
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

If you’re prostituting and enjoying it what’s the harm eh, no point in quibbling over a bob or two.

Not quite sure on the legality with the eBay lark mind...good luck with that one.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Walt said:

If you’re prostituting and enjoying it what’s the harm eh, no point in quibbling over a bob or two.

Not quite sure on the legality with the eBay lark mind...good luck with that one.

I post out a current picture of myself (autographed) and a bottle of gin.

The guaranteed tears are a true reflection of the Costello 77©® sexual experience.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Are you quite sure? Lol

What is it then? Two?

You tell me.

His record in the transfer market is abysmal, there is no getting away from it.

A complete and utter lack of strategy on the buying and a complete failure to sell players for a lot of money when there were clear opportunities.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

So we made a £200,000 profit then?

There is no evidence anywhere I can see that we made a profit on him or that we received as much as £500K from Preston.

28 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Do you tell them double or treble the worth though? If i was buying a car for 2k and the guy started at 5k i would just laugh and walk off

He's a footballer not a car you daftcunt!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He's a footballer not a car you daftcunt!

Firstly, is that insulting language necessary?

secondly, the same principles of negotiating stand.  If you want to barter you don’t start at a price that is so ridiculous it will make the other party walk away rather than try and conclude a deal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I post out a current picture of myself (autographed) and a bottle of gin.

The guaranteed tears are a true reflection of the Costello 77©® sexual experience.

Ahh clever, very clever, especially the bottle of gin trick  I’m tempted to say finger on the pulse of fashion but that may lead to all sorts of innuendo with the Jordan Rhodes crowd. Zeitgeist then, nearly, not quite. I give up. 

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Firstly, is that insulting language necessary?

secondly, the same principles of negotiating stand.  If you want to barter you don’t start at a price that is so ridiculous it will make the other party walk away rather than try and conclude a deal.

Sorry about the language but you're also talkingshite here.

Cars have a relatively fixed value compared to humans who play football and we both know it.

Sorry for being atwat but I'm right.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

Thought it had been already been established that our chairman was naive about football matters and has been very badly advised over the last 3 years on how best to invest a lot of money in our club.

However we are tentatively optimistic that the appointment of Bruce and the probable responsibilities that he will have insisted on will change our approach.

There has been evidence to support this with the appointment of his own recruitment staff and deals like Iorfa and the Newcastle loans which were obviously driven by Bruce .

So I am looking towards the future rather than regurgitating the same old stuff about the last 3 years.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Do you have any solid gold chains, diamonds or top of the range computers? I have fifty quid burning a hole in my pocket.

Edited by Mycroft

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Do you have any solid gold chains, diamonds orop of the range computers? I have fifty quid burning a hole in my pocket.

I'll leave the jewelry in you blue recycle bin...pay me whenever... don't forget to leave a 5* rating.

• Haha 1