Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Were going to need at least 2 wingers and were not going to be able to spend millions on every single player we sign so Ameobi could be a decent signing on a free. Would be a decent option off the bench. Something different that could change a game. 

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Quist said:

We could do with a real good realistic rumour or two.

Messi & Ronaldo on loan. 

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Messi & Ronaldo on loan. 

where are Penguin and Big Guns when you need them.

If you had said you had just met them in Meadowhall at Costas......

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Only played 19 times this year.

Reading comments online he was very good when played in an attacking team who passed it around. Alot of hoofball this season apparently. 

38 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

I wouldn't mind QPR's number 10. Penalty aside yesterday, he was powerful, quick, direct and showed good vision and awareness. He is only 20, got up and down the pitch, and was the standout player on the park. He put himself about and had a presence about him.

I was quite impressed with there bald CB. Won everything in the air and had a bit of pace. Only time I’ve seen him play though so don’t know enough about him.

3 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Were going to need at least 2 wingers and were not going to be able to spend millions on every single player we sign so Ameobi could be a decent signing on a free. Would be a decent option off the bench. Something different that could change a game. 

I can’t stop thinking that ameobi would be decent on a free 

cant see him playing every game especially not starting but the amount of times I’ve seen us play and we can’t hurt or penetrate teams and have no answers or options an ameobi on the bench to be direct and run at a team would have been invaluable this season he might not have the end product put he pushes teams  back and wins free kicks 

If teams have had to defend 60-70 minutes against us and then ameobi comes on you must be worried 

he’s great on the counter too 

we ain’t spending millions one out of two wingers this is a great option, something our squad hasn’t got but something it needs 

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I can’t stop thinking that ameobi would be decent on a free 

cant see him playing every game especially not starting but the amount of times I’ve seen us play and we can’t hurt or penetrate teams and have no answers or options an ameobi on the bench to be direct and run at a team would have been invaluable this season he might not have the end product put he pushes teams  back and wins free kicks 

If teams have had to defend 60-70 minutes against us and then ameobi comes on you must be worried 

he’s great on the counter too 

we ain’t spending millions one out of two wingers this is a great option, something our squad hasn’t got but something it needs 

Surely an upgrade on Mattias 

Can see a defensive midfielder been high on Bruce’s list, someone to share the load with Hutch 

He wants to add some fresh young faces so I’d be surprised if he goes for many 30+  seasoned pro’s, Diame will be on huge wages so be surprised if that’s an option but if the gaffer goes for experience maybe Mile Jedinak who’s out of contract at Villa 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Can see a defensive midfielder been high on Bruce’s list, someone to share the load with Hutch 

He wants to add some fresh young faces so I’d be surprised if he goes for many 30+  seasoned pro’s, Diame will be on huge wages so be surprised if that’s an option but if the gaffer goes for experience maybe Mile Jedinak who’s out of contract at Villa 

Or Glen Whelan 

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Jedinak is way past it.

I’d look at Trevor Chalobah on loan from Chelsea. Stand out player in a poor Ipswich side this year. Defensive midfielder, tall and strong. Or Semi Ajayi at Rotherham, but he would cost a fee.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jedinak is way past it.

I’d look at Trevor Chalobah on loan from Chelsea. Stand out player in a poor Ipswich side this year. Defensive midfielder, tall and strong. Or Semi Ajayi at Rotherham, but he would cost a fee.

Not seen much of those two but, from what I have seen, they look pretty decent. Thought Chalobah stood out for Ipswich at Hillsborough.

For me it's all about being able to bring in top drawer young players on loan from the PL. I'm talking about the likes of the Harry Wilson, Ryan Kent, Harvey Barnes and Mason Mount type players of this season. Who are the next ones off the production line for those clubs? 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jedinak is way past it.

I’d probably agree, but if we did go for an experienced face I reckon Jedinak would be up there , maybe even Whelan