Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

36 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Sammy Ameobi anyone 

not shown up for Bolton today because he hasn’t been paid I’m guessing he will cancel his contract and become a free agent 

wide player plenty of pace and the odd skill. I’m guessing he’s the kind Of Bruce signing pave our wide and possibly almost certainly be on a free 

i think hes 27 now so still a decent age 

thoughts? 

There's been a JJ-shaped hole in the squad for a long time now (assuming we don't bring Aarons back) - we'd benefit from having a more pacy and direct wide player. It's a hole best filled cheaply as you're only really looking at somebody to come off the bench, so Ameobi could fit the bill, though he wouldn't be a signing to get my pulse racing. We were supposed to be after him when he was still at Newcastle and SG was in charge I seem to remember.

Guest gizowl
44 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The Nuhiu situation is more complex in the sense he is very much an important influence in the dressing room and we seem to have suffered with morale when long serving players have left in particular when Semedo went. I've always said you won't know what we have with him until he's left.

Agree, you need someone that offers a different option on the bench, like at Preston last week, when will some people learn. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

There's been a JJ-shaped hole in the squad for a long time now (assuming we don't bring Aarons back) - we'd benefit from having a more pacy and direct wide player. It's a hole best filled cheaply as you're only really looking at somebody to come off the bench, so Ameobi could fit the bill, though he wouldn't be a signing to get my pulse racing. We were supposed to be after him when he was still at Newcastle and SG was in charge I seem to remember.

I seem to remember the same 

and I agree with a JJ kind of player that direct electric pace really hurts teams even if the end product is often frustrating 

I think if you had a JJ in our team now with the quality around him we could be a complete different beast 

with Fletcher in the team teams can push up more because he doesn’t have the pace to get in behind ( little harsh on him but you what I mean ) with that frightening pace you have to respect it and defend a little deeper

Theres some games and I particularly a role of the bench where that is a lethal weapon to have 

On 04/05/2019 at 21:52, Morepork said:

I don't know if that's true but it would go some way to preventing the hoarding of talent. The list of Chelsea players on loan in this thread is a damning indictment of modern football.

To be honest I'm not sure it would stop the hoarding of players. It doesn't say they can't sign them, just can't loan them out. So it could just mean those players struggle in development, just as easily as improving the current issue. 

You'd like to think that it may stop young players signing, but there is also the money involved and belief in your own ability, so plenty still will fall foul of signing on the dotted line. Hell 3 yrs at Chelsea on their wages could be same as 7/8 down the football pyramid. It's only when your career is ending when you wished you played more. 

I think it needs to be overall squad sizes at every club (throughout the squads and age groups) to stand a fair chance of working. 

Same as with parachute payments, intentions are there and understandable, but not policed properly, so could just turn to poo. (money should go in escrow to football league to ensure its only used for the purpose they were intended to be and not spubked on signing players imo). 

Ameobi would be a decent signing, a bit erratic in terms of final ball but compared to what we’d be paying and gambling on from leagues below (there aren’t many) or loaning from above he’s played a lot at this level. 

Anyone who can carry the ball up the pitch on the counter other than Reach would be a start

Of the 3 teams that are going down the players I'd look at are probably Will Vaulks, Jonas Knudsen, Josh Vela and maybe Sammy Ameobi.  I only mention the teams going down because they'll probably have players wanting to leave and could potentially be cheaper options than some. Of those, Knudsen wouldn't be a bad shout,

On 05/05/2019 at 09:36, Plonk said:

Do you know what. I hope you are right. We all know what he was capable of. Perhaps just needs the right manager to get him going again?

Rhodes will be back - Steve Agnews his uncle.

3 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Josh Vela leaving Bolton. Decent age and good pedigree. Free transfer

Probably not the right level of quality for us.

What is he now, a full back, or a midfielder?

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

What is he now, a full back, or a midfielder?

Guess both. Played much more as a Cm lately. Freezed out of Bolton squad towards end of the season, possibly becouse he wouldn't resign with them.

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Weve been down this road before when his Dad was here. No thanks! He needs to be sold or loaned out. 

Bruce will take a look in pre season, given his word. He will then be offloaded on loan. Agnew was at Middlesboro when he did not play.