Ipswich - V -Wednesday OMDT

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.970ffcc4a47937f3b9f9df33eb96b564.png

image.png.a23aa24870d5be5bd978a137f3292d2d.png

"And so friends he is here at last. The man we all wanted-"

"Well, apart from the ones that wanted Jocanovic Sir. And McCarthy."

"Silence!  I won't give you any of my kebab if you keep this up."

"I wouldn't eat anything from Fat Leons anyway"

"Well more fool you Stubbs, more fool you. Apparently he's really improved things down there, he's doing his Hygiene NVQ's and everything now he has more time on his hands  and Madine has his place in the side. But stop distracting me especially on this most happy of days!  Bruce is here and he's just what the fans wanted. He's experienced. He knows this division inside out. He's played the game. Knows the key value in having a good dressing room. 

And that's been evident from the first day in the job hasn't it.  Been in to visit Lee and Hooper, then he's gone and got the lads raring to go at training. And then....then he's only gone out and got us three players in. and in the right positions too Stubbs.  For the last 4 years Wednesday fans have been saying the same thing - We need-:

• More competition at full back
  • Centre half cover and competition.
  • Pace.

And he's seen us on the videos that Agnew has been sending him and spotted it straight away. It makes you wonder what the other two were up to! You see this is what what you get when you bring in someone who knows the game. Know this division and knows how to get out of it. Pace and power . Dynamism Stubbs. Dynamism. You see it doesn't matter if you play on the front foot or the counter, in this league you have to be quick and you have to be able to put yourself about.  Do you know Stubbs I'm actually really excited. We've got stripes back on the shirts"

"Only on the front Sir"

"Baby steps Stubbs. Let me finish. We've got stripes back on the shirts and we've got a manager who knows his way about. He's an easy way with himself, is comfortable in himself. You can sense the self confidence in him. He knows how to build a team and he's straight in and doing it. And....and Stubbs....our own Chris Kirkland said he's "A brilliant man manager". Yes Stubbs, I'm excited. This reminds me, dare I say it, of when the Bigman rolled into town in February '89"

image.thumb.png.1874ffe870583992145bc624200a3aa7.png

"Quite the compliment Sir."

"Well that's just how it makes me feel Stubbs. And plenty of others too I shouldn't wonder. Gosh he's not messing around this lad.  He's already got his eye on trimming the top heavy nature of the side too. Not just bringing them in. He knows one or two need the door.  Old Carlos was collecting Strikers like Panini stickers wasn't he. Problem was he didn't know where to put them in his book. Well Steve will know. He'll know that sometimes you get too many of the same card and need to get into the yard and get some swappies done"

"Nice analogy Sir"

"Thanks. Have you got the fact file?"

"Here Sir"

image.png.cf22f3c97e0e683dd11e912c6a6dbbc3.png

"I'll tell you what Stubbs. You can't go wrong with a getting a good Roger in"

"Pardon!"

"Roger. That's a super name. Dependable name. An Englishman. An English name. That's what we need."

"French actually Sir."

"What?"

"Roger, it was name brought over by the Normans Sir" 

"Well yes. Look never mind William the B*stard and all the sodding origins of the name.What I mean is it sounds English to me. It's been here long enough. I'm claiming it.  Sounds like a dependable plumber. Which is just as well as our defence has been leaky as hell all year.  Yes, the nationality isn't the big issue here, what I meant was,  it was more about getting in someone who knows the crack Stubbs. Knows the league. The players. Even down to the little things like knowing which grounds are horrible places to go to. Which ones have fans close to the pitch and are intimidating. Someone who will know the other managers and their ways. It's those little bits of knowledge that will give him that little bit more quality in his performance in the dressing room and the dugout that his predecessors didn't.  He really is the perfect signing. And he's been around the block too He's got the winning mentality , he'll have picked that up from old Red nose at Old Trafford. You can't work under someone like that and not get infused with the addiction to winning. He was super in the press wasn't he?  Well , he was once he'd got the dunderheads in the assemble ranks back on track after they went for the Chairman.  You know what I also like Stubbs?"

"What's that Sir?"

"Well, some of these top players when they retire, and he was a top player Stubbs, I often wondered if he might have been better off going down the Irish route and getting a game with big Jack with him being overlooked for England. Where was I? Oh yes. A lot of these top players from the big clubs they finish playing and hang up their boots  and want to step into a big job straight away. Without having any experience of management. It's one thing being a player Stubbs its another being in the dug out  I'll tell you that, and that's why I like Bruce. He did it the right way. Earned his managerial stripes. He's worked his way up from the bottom when it comes to management. ..

image.png.47921879c3e287cb801afa1268204a3a.png

"Very good Sir"

"Thanks"

"Would you like me to do the match stats and facts for the big game?"

"Meh. F*ck Ipswich Stubbs, I couldn't care a hoot. It's all about the Wednesday tomorrow. You can do it if you want. I'm off for my kebab."

image.thumb.png.95417ebcb8d262fff34fa1803346935a.png

Tractors  15/8   Draw  11/5   Owls  6/4

Ipswich's new signing James Bree could make his debut for the club in the home game against Sheffield Wednesday.

Right-back Bree, on loan from Aston Villa until the end of the season, became Ipswich's seventh January arrival on deadline day. Boss Paul Lambert has no new injury concerns, but midfielder Emyr Huws is still out as he works his way   back from a long-term knee injury. It remains to be seen whether Lambert will include Jonas Knudsen in his squad after a move away from the club failed to materialise for the left-back.

Sheffield Wednesday's deadline-day signings Dominic Iorfa, Lazaar Achraf and Rolando Aarons are all eligible for Steve Bruce's first game in charge. Defender Iorfa, a permanent signing from Wolves, plus Newcastle loanees Achraf and   Aarons could go straight into Bruce's squad. Michael Hector is back in contention after being ineligible to face parent club Chelsea in last week's FA Cup defeat and Fernando Forestieri (hamstring) is hoping to make his first league   appearance since December. On-loan Tottenham midfielder Josh Onomah (hamstring) is not ready to return, while Matt Penney (shoulder) is out until April.

Match Facts

• Ipswich have lost two of their last four league games against Sheffield Wednesday (W1 D1) - one more than they'd lost in their 15 previously against the Owls.

• Sheffield Wednesday haven't completed a league double over Ipswich since the 2006-07 campaign.

• Ipswich are looking to secure back-to-back home league wins for the first time since December 2017, having beaten Rotherham last time out at Portman Road.

• Sheffield Wednesday have won just one of their last eight away league games (D2 L5), winning 1-0 at Middlesbrough in December.

• Ipswich boss Paul Lambert has never beaten Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship (W0 D2 L2), failing with Blackburn Rovers in 2015-16 and Wolves in 2016-17.

• Sheffield Wednesday striker Steven Fletcher has only faced Norwich (8) and Hull (7) more often in English league football without scoring than he has Ipswich (4).

"Hey Stubbs"

"I thought you'd gone Sir"

"Remember last time I was this giddy about us getting an experienced  gaffer in and we went to Portman road?"

BARMY ARMY , BARMY ARMY , BARMY ARMY!

image.png.98068f910901901f62d612f19709c7db.png

BARMY ARMY , BARMY ARMY , BARMY ARMY!

COME ON WEDNESAY!

Can you say this again, might have missed something. 

Oh, Steve Bruce is a Ginger.  Great sign. 

9DE12768-261C-466A-9A67-CFF5D9E71E84.jpeg.d4219d12f607cc8232768ee1a52bd22d.jpeg

garymegson

• Haha 3

Everyone Happy, 3 Players in, Bruce in. Bruce translating the chairmans sentiments perfectly. The Thai connection beginning to be understood and Big Steve won't let anyone else have DC's pants down. Continuing the Thai theme I have gone for this from 'The King and I'  

COME ON WEDNESDAY 'NEVER BE AFFRAID AGAIN' WAWAW UTO&DTB.

• Like 1