BRUCE ON TRANSFER BUSINESS

Guest Hirst1867
18 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Who do you imagine targeted the Portuguese who joined under CC? Who do you think identified Joey as JLs only signing?

He Who Must Not Be Named

I think people forget something when talking about Carlos and transfer business.

He was never interested in strengthening his first eleven after that first season.

He was only ever interested in signing backups and that was why we ended up with the players we did and why once the injuries started we were done for.

Reach and Fletcher were only signings to get in first eleven, and even then Reach had to play anywhere to get a game .

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Who in the name of f.ook are the 7 centre forwards?

Is he counting me?

Six centre forwards in Rhodes Joao Winnall Hooper Nuhiu Fletcher (one out on loan)

Two further strikers Matias and Forestieri

So to be correct eight strikers in total fighting for one or  two places.

I can see the point he is making.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

No way do i see Bruce working with Paxo and his cronies at Doyen. 

He is still on the scene currently.  I hoped we'd seen the last of him after SB's appointment but he has still been in the directors box for the matches Agnew has been in charge for.  Will be interesting to see whether he is still there now that SB is fully in charge

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I think people forget something when talking about Carlos and transfer business.

He was never interested in strengthening his first eleven after that first season.

He was only ever interested in signing backups and that was why we ended up with the players we did and why once the injuries started we were done for.

Reach and Fletcher were only signings to get in first eleven, and even then Reach had to play anywhere to get a game .

The problem was he spent the best part of 20 million on the likes of Rhodes, Reach, Abdi and Jones and not one of them started the home leg of the play off semi final.

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I know we banging old drums now,but Carlos should have gone after that Huddersfield shambles.

Or after the Shambles at Wembley the season before?

Just watch the second leg of the Brighton playoff game again, we were very lucky to get to Wembley in the first place. That Brighton game was very reminiscent of Jos's 7-3 defensive formations. 

With Bruce I can't see him setting us out to nullify the opposition against anyone in the Championship. Carlos and Jos both liked to make football difficult. 

The best transfer market operators I've seen in my time as a Wednesday fan are Atkinson and Megson. Bruce over the years seems to have done good business more often than not in his previous jobs and I fully expect him to do good business here and I think yesterday shows when it comes to doing transfers, he's definitely got his finger on the pulse.

25 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

The problem was he spent the best part of 20 million on the likes of Rhodes, Reach, Abdi and Jones and not one of them started the home leg of the play off semi final.

His management was summed up by the first 5 mins of that game.

He left Reach on the bench and started his favourite 4, Bannan, Lee , Hutch and Wallace.

All good players but 3 of them were nowhere near fit , only Bannan, and Wallace lasted less than 5 mins.

Up front he started two injured players, FF and Fletcher and left a fit Winnall, Rhodes etc on the bench. Surprised he didn’t start Hooper in a wheelchair.