6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We can spend what we like no restrictions at the moment. 

But the reason you have seen Bruce go after Lazaar and Aarons and not Mings and Murphy is because FFP is about to grab us by the balls and squeeze very tight.

Or because they are not has-beens and injury prone??

5 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I'm just interested to what extent we have  breached FFP and taking into account yesterday's dealings what penalties do we face ?

Well if the Iorfa fee is the reported 500k, then that will be covered by the money from the chelsea game, and I can't see any of the 3 being on massive wages, nor us paying much of the wages for the 2 lads from Newcastle as they seemed to just want to get them out. So, I'd guess we are as screwed as we were before yesterday, but no more.

Edited by marcx666

i can see merits in avoiding financial mismanagement of clubs

but specifically championship wise it seems to me the whole thing works as a glass ceiling for championship clubs the parachute help  is in effect a totally unfair leg up to getting back 

5 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

We have around 14 players out of contract some are big wages, once they are not renewed we will be well below ffp anyway

That's for the following year though. won't count for the figures we gotta come up with for this season.

I can see P&S rules changing very shortly, the EFL has to do something. As it will soon be half the championship in an embargo unable to sign anyone. 

Since P&S was reinvented, wages & transfers in the championship has jumped 10 fold.

it needs change and a complete overhaul as it is currently a joke. 

• Like 2

Guest Hirst1867
47 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Or because they are not has-beens and injury prone??

To be completely fair - based on both players records to date - they're 'never beens'

Time will tell

11 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I can see P&S rules changing very shortly, the EFL has to do something. As it will soon be half the championship in an embargo unable to sign anyone. 

Since P&S was reinvented, wages & transfers in the championship has jumped 10 fold.

The first EFL FFP rules started in 2012 and the new P&S rules only came into effect from Season 2016/17

16 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I do hope so not just for our sakes.

Seems unfair that clubs like ours that have been out of the top tier for many years do not have the parachute cash the relegated teams do.

Clubs like ours are otherwise at a significant disadvantage.

Edited by Rhubarb n Custard

22 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

What makes you think that Mark?

I hope you are right, but Ive seen nowt to intimate it will be changing, that it needs changing is hardly the question....