4 hours ago, Lee A said:

If it was just a few "silly signings" I don't think anybody would be too bothered. But DC has got almost everything wrong in his time here ( apart from a nice new scoreboard ) and is too stubborn/arrogant to address his own shortcomings.

Crap like club 1867, along with the absurd prices of tickets, replica shirts and his general "like it or lump it" attitude mean he's always going to take pelt from the fans and rightly so.

Personally he frightens me, I think he's way out of his depth,  but hopefully he'll be able to turn it around, getting a proper manager in was a good start. 

Yet look at some of the signings he has brought in to counter all the rubbish ones..

Forestieri
Hooper
Sasso
Bannan
Hunt
Wallace
Pudil
Lopez
Reach
Fletcher
Joao
Venancio

...and even in the "rubbish" pile you've got Rhodes (one of the most prolific goalscorers in the championship), Abdi (as good if not higher reputation than Forestieri!), McGugan (fans wanted him), Winnall (high scoring at the time)...some you wouldn't have expected to have gone so bad

Tickets are debatable. I've loved the chance to buy multi year STs, and I think the price it works out as personally (£18~ per game) is absolutely more than reasonable, especially bearing in mind people use the "£20 is plenty". 

Scoreboard is the obvious, but he's also heavily invested in the pitch which was desperate for it. Invested in the academy. Changed the catering side of things i.e. implementing ways to try improve queue times, getting rid of old supplier (lindleys?) at great cost, brought in card payments. Continued the clubs community work. Katrien employment (sounds like she's given a positive vibe off to people despite being written off before she'd even turned up). Tying up our most promising youngsters to contracts. I'm sure there are more positives too (and yes more negatives too i.e. corporate side prices).

Could he have done things differently? Yes. He's made mistakes. Doesn't every chairman though? We could have far far worse than him. I do wish he'd take a step back out of the limelight and get the PR done by someone else though

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Yet look at some of the signings he has brought in to counter all the rubbish ones..

Forestieri
Hooper
Sasso
Bannan
Hunt
Wallace
Pudil
Lopez
Reach
Fletcher
Joao
Venancio

...and even in the "rubbish" pile you've got Rhodes (one of the most prolific goalscorers in the championship), Abdi (as good if not higher reputation than Forestieri!), McGugan (fans wanted him), Winnall (high scoring at the time)...some you wouldn't have expected to have gone so bad

Tickets are debatable. I've loved the chance to buy multi year STs, and I think the price it works out as personally (£18~ per game) is absolutely more than reasonable, especially bearing in mind people use the "£20 is plenty". 

Scoreboard is the obvious, but he's also heavily invested in the pitch which was desperate for it. Invested in the academy. Changed the catering side of things i.e. implementing ways to try improve queue times, getting rid of old supplier (lindleys?) at great cost, brought in card payments. Continued the clubs community work. Katrien employment (sounds like she's given a positive vibe off to people despite being written off before she'd even turned up). Tying up our most promising youngsters to contracts. I'm sure there are more positives too (and yes more negatives too i.e. corporate side prices).

Could he have done things differently? Yes. He's made mistakes. Doesn't every chairman though? We could have far far worse than him. I do wish he'd take a step back out of the limelight and get the PR done by someone else though

No mention that he’s openly taking us into 2 embargo’s when completely knowing over spending would do that.

But hey ho I can pay contactlessly for a £3 bottle of coke so it’s all oreyt then 

6 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Will probably go down like a led balloon on here, but after listening to yesterday’s conference IMO DC needs to be shown far more respect

Hes made some silly signings, which chairman hasn’t? He seems to be learning from his mistakes, the first 18 months+ were never going to be easy for him: new country, new language, new industry 

The way the media portray us fans to DC, he must feel the most hated person in the city. Always negative questions aimed at him. 

I thought he handled that idiot Giddings perfectly yesterday, made him look like a chump 

Yesterday as a whole showed DC in a different light. Many on here question if he understands football. Yet he showed with yesterday’s signings, that he trusts an established manager more than he does an unproven championship manager. He had a better grasp of what was going down than what has ever been credited for. 

7 hours ago, mark1948 said:

Look we all know DCs English isn't the best but its far better than our Thai. If you take the time and effort to understand what he is saying, in most instances you will find that what he says is truthful and acceptable and spot on. He is far more understandable, at times, than Giddings. Especially when Giddings starts asking a rambling nebulous question that he forgets what he's on about.

Give Mr C space he'll sort it in the end.

I have a business and the business that I run relies heavily on communication with East Asian counterparts. Indeed, I am in the far east right now on business. My mandarin would appear to be far better than DC's English but I still bring in language support when I am dealing with matters related to negotiation, interaction with governmental bodies or when talking to the media. I do that because I know that one single word lost in translation can mean the difference between success and failure and that there are those very willing to misquote or change the context of what is said. 

DC says things that get misquoted or twisted to mean something else. He is not alone in that respect. It is also a business skill to know one's own limitations and find ways to overcome weaknesses or shortfalls (though nobody likes to admit having weaknesses and shortfalls, in reality we all do). Being a football chairman is a very public position and, as such, requires communication and PR skills as a prerequisite.

DC says things that are often ambiguous or contradictory. He then gets wound up when his message is misinterpreted or twisted to a context that he didn't mean. Wound up to the point that he feels personal hurt. He needs to take one step back and realise that these problems are often of his own making and can easily be overcome by bringing in a person (or people) that possess the skills to do the job at a higher level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I have a business and the business that I run relies heavily on communication with East Asian counterparts. Indeed, I am in the far east right now on business. My mandarin would appear to be far better than DC's English but I still bring in language support when I am dealing with matters related to negotiation, interaction with governmental bodies or when talking to the media. I do that because I know that one single word lost in translation can mean the difference between success and failure and that there are those very willing to misquote or change the context of what is said. 

DC says things that get misquoted or twisted to mean something else. He is not alone in that respect. It is also a business skill to know one's own limitations and find ways to overcome weaknesses or shortfalls (though nobody likes to admit having weaknesses and shortfalls, in reality we all do). Being a football chairman is a very public position and, as such, requires communication and PR skills as a prerequisite.

DC says things that are often ambiguous or contradictory. He then gets wound up when his message is misinterpreted or twisted to a context that he didn't mean. Wound up to the point that he feels personal hurt. He needs to take one step back and realise that these problems are often of his own making and can easily be overcome by bringing in a person (or people) that possess the skills to do the job at a higher level.

There is no guarantee that the language skills that you hire do as you say. If you operate in the way that you say you do, like me you will have been let down by those who represent you. It's a question of mutual trust and comprehension on behalf of the translator of the business and personal tone. I have yet to work with a translator who had any deep understanding of my thought processes of how to accurately represent me in that regard.

Having said that your points are valid, which is why, I suspect, Mr C. uses written press releases for the most part and only directly addresses the fans of press directly when he feels there is value in showing his emotions. Football after all is an emotional game / business.

30 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

There is no guarantee that the language skills that you hire do as you say. If you operate in the way that you say you do, like me you will have been let down by those who represent you. It's a question of mutual trust and comprehension on behalf of the translator of the business and personal tone. I have yet to work with a translator who had any deep understanding of my thought processes of how to accurately represent me in that regard.

Having said that your points are valid, which is why, I suspect, Mr C. uses written press releases for the most part and only directly addresses the fans of press directly when he feels there is value in showing his emotions. Football after all is an emotional game / business.

Put simply, there are those that are adept at communication and those that are not. I have not seen one iota of evidence since DC became chairman that he is talented in communication and PR (written or spoken). That in itself does not matter. Abramovich or the owners of Manchester City etc., don't engage directly with the supporters or the media on matters related to running a football club. Other people are given that responsibility.

Talk of emotion is twaddle. As much as DC says he loves the club, he wouldn't pull on a shirt and play at left back if a player gets injured. He wouldn't do that because other people can do that job far better than himself.

Communication is as critical to his eventual success or failure at the club as the football related activities. There are people that can do the PR role to a far higher level of capability than DC will ever achieve. If he learned from previous mistakes regarding managerial appointments, he should also rectify his past mistakes in that regard.

11 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

Disagree on one hand as I found DC's petulant demeanour to be cringe-worthy. At no point did I think, "This guy needs to be shown far more respect" and I felt so bad for Bruce during what was a buttock-clenchingly awkward press conference. It was SB that saved that presser from becoming farcical.

On the other hand, the chairman is undoubtedly trying to do right by the club and it's hard to question his integrity regarding that. He's finally made a great managerial appointment and now needs to leave him to it. 

All Chansiri needs to do is bankroll us, have his picture taken and his name all over everything.

Leave the rest to pros because I agree Samurai, the presser was

1144547292_giphy(2).gif.36ec4b1a3bcd2f80a52031170614b673.gif

21 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Something like this?

ไม่ถามคำถามโง่หัวใหญ่

21 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I dread to think what that says  :tango:

I do, and it's not funny.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I also thought questioning was daft. Yes we are all aware of the financial situation and we know DC has made mistakes.

The press conference should have been about Bruce and a new era. 

There is a second interview on SWFC website, plus one on radio Sheffield, there's also one done by

Rob Oneill, posted on here (New Interview).

Good interviews.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I know, but the unveiling of Bruce turned into the DC show, when it should have been about Bruce. 

Yep, shame that, DC got fed up at the forum and just said things that he shouldn't and a bit of (lost in translation), most people with a modicum

of understanding knew he didn't mean what he said, but journo's just play to an invisible crowd (which didn't exist in this instance), poor 

interview technique when as you say should have been about Bruce.

12 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Put simply, there are those that are adept at communication and those that are not. I have not seen one iota of evidence since DC became chairman that he is talented in communication and PR (written or spoken). That in itself does not matter. Abramovich or the owners of Manchester City etc., don't engage directly with the supporters or the media on matters related to running a football club. Other people are given that responsibility.

Talk of emotion is twaddle. As much as DC says he loves the club, he wouldn't pull on a shirt and play at left back if a player gets injured. He wouldn't do that because other people can do that job far better than himself.

Communication is as critical to his eventual success or failure at the club as the football related activities. There are people that can do the PR role to a far higher level of capability than DC will ever achieve. If he learned from previous mistakes regarding managerial appointments, he should also rectify his past mistakes in that regard.

I get what you are saying and have said so. There is no need to get emotional about it. :unsure:

23 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Which had absolutely no relevance to the press conference 

And he did answer it multiple times- “i said it at a fans forum, not to the press, if the fans want me out I’ll find the right buyer’ something along those lines 

but they just kept bloody asking him the same thing 

It wasn't them mate.  It was Giddings being a completetwat.  Someone needs to have a word.