Will probably go down like a led balloon on here, but after listening to yesterday’s conference IMO DC needs to be shown far more respect

Hes made some silly signings, which chairman hasn’t? He seems to be learning from his mistakes, the first 18 months+ were never going to be easy for him: new country, new language, new industry 

The way the media portray us fans to DC, he must feel the most hated person in the city. Always negative questions aimed at him. 

I thought he handled that idiot Giddings perfectly yesterday, made him look like a chump 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, steveger said:

Yorkshireish aint :Chansiri: first language 

But that's his biggest downfall as far as I can see. It is almost as though he feels the need to be at the forefront of everything. He would be far wiser, in my opinion, to appoint a strong press officer and/or someone to front the football side of the business. It may be language problems but every time he goes public with written statements, press conferences or fronting forums, he always seems to put his foot into things deeper. PR is certainly not the guy's forte.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

But that's his biggest downfall as far as I can see. It is almost as though he feels the need to be at the forefront of everything. He would be far wiser, in my opinion, to appoint a strong press officer and/or someone to front the football side of the business. It may be language problems but every time he goes public with written statements, press conferences or fronting forums, he always seems to put his foot into things deeper. PR is certainly not the guy's forte.

Totally agree.... a press officer and less micro managing everything..

this young lady could do a job...:CEO:

Edited by steveger

It came across as usual that he has money but because of FFP is restricted.

I don't think he has any intention of selling the club, just an outburst because of a few fans telling him to go. He does take criticism too much to heart and a couple of fans don't represent the fan base.

I said he has to do two things. Sign a manager with championship experiance, well he's done that. He now needs to give Bruce complete control of all transfers in and out.

• Like 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

It came across as usual that he has money but because of FFP is restricted.

I don't think he has any intention of selling the club, just an outburst because of a few fans telling him to go. He does take criticism too much to heart and a couple of fans don't represent the fan base.

I said he has to do two things. Sign a manager with championship experiance, well he's done that. He now needs to give Bruce complete control of all transfers in and out.

bang on mate

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Spot on.

I don't doubt DCs passion for the club but he keeps getting hammered for the above reasons.

A knowledgable football minded Press Officer/Liason Officer, who dealt with the press and who was also in touch with fan base.

31 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Will probably go down like a led balloon on here, but after listening to yesterday’s conference IMO DC needs to be shown far more respect

Disagree on one hand as I found DC's petulant demeanour to be cringe-worthy. At no point did I think, "This guy needs to be shown far more respect" and I felt so bad for Bruce during what was a buttock-clenchingly awkward press conference. It was SB that saved that presser from becoming farcical.

On the other hand, the chairman is undoubtedly trying to do right by the club and it's hard to question his integrity regarding that. He's finally made a great managerial appointment and now needs to leave him to it. 

• Like 2

His problem is that he is from a very different culture. One where the wealthy are probably shown much more deference and you don't have a free press. Hence why he is so combative when questioned.

I've honestly no idea what motivated him to buy an English football club, but hey ho. Hopefully Bruce can smooth some of his rough edges. 

His answers were a bit bizarre but to be fair to him he probably wasn't expecting them, the line of questioning should have been mainly about and at Bruce.

Having said that he has to get respect for getting Bruce in, the fans wanted a manager like Bruce and he's delivered so fair play. 

I think he deserves to be criticised for a lot of our issues over the last 2 seaons and he hasn't taken it very well. 

I think he deserves to be praised for the Bruce appointment and the plan from here on looks more solid and quite exciting. 

But don't forget that Chansiri loves to have a pop back at the fans aswell. He isn't some kind of victim. Overall though some positivity now from all angles of the club, and fanbase should be a good thing for everyone. 

If it was just a few "silly signings" I don't think anybody would be too bothered. But DC has got almost everything wrong in his time here ( apart from a nice new scoreboard ) and is too stubborn/arrogant to address his own shortcomings.

Crap like club 1867, along with the absurd prices of tickets, replica shirts and his general "like it or lump it" attitude mean he's always going to take pelt from the fans and rightly so.

Personally he frightens me, I think he's way out of his depth,  but hopefully he'll be able to turn it around, getting a proper manager in was a good start. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, poite said:

He asked him straight questions and got completely muddled, confused and bizarre answers 

Which had absolutely no relevance to the press conference 

And he did answer it multiple times- “i said it at a fans forum, not to the press, if the fans want me out I’ll find the right buyer’ something along those lines 

but they just kept bloody asking him the same thing 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Is it true that he paid for a packed lunch for everyone going down on the bus to Chelski? Not seen it mentioned but personally you could always always win me over with free crisps.

Yes, it's true. My parents were on the official coaches and she told me they'd been given a free packed lunch.

• Like 1

He needs some guidance for sure. Its obvious he feels uncomfortable trying to handle direct questions. It was probably not the time to ask about the sale of the club however it needed to be asked eventually just so fans know what the intentions are. All he ends up doing like yesterday is talking riddles and muddying the waters.