Bruce's 11?

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

I think the pace will allow us to play higher up the field too. Our lack of pace has seen us have to sit in deep. Having players that have the pace to get back should let us play 10 yards higher, allowing us to play more aggressive and get in teams faces.

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Based on the interview with iorfa I get the feeling that he wants to play center half. Are we going with 3 at the back? Him, Lees and hector,

I would be doubtful that back 3 would work. We have looked better as back 4. Think we lack quality to play 3 at back and do not have central midfield to support back 3. It is almost impossible to fit BB into a side with 3 at back. the two infront of back 3 have to be able to defend and he is not a forward as lacks pace. So we ended up playing 3-5-2 which offered very little in way of going forward. 

Trying to get a team out of unbalanced squad we have is the major problem as we had lots of players who had similar qualities. The influx has brought in pace and hopefully energy which were two of qualities we lacked. 

It will be interesting to see what we do I liked way they changed team to play against Wigan it used players strengths instead of trying to do something they are not good at. 

For me if he gets one of those brought in this window playing to fulfil potential he and the club will have done well. they all have promise and talent and have yet to fulfil it so lets hope they can do well and it could help us acquire some more potential talent in future.

Westwood

Iorfa             Lees          Hector        

Aarons       Reach     Hutch      Bannan     Lazaar

Fletch       Forestieri

23 hours ago, Owl At Risk said:

Grobbelaar

Springsteen

Oldfield

Banner

Dickinson

Foxton

Hornsby (and the range)

Lee

Rioch

Forsyth

Almighty

Excellent.

Good to see Lee back in midfield.

Personally think Bruce Wayne is unlucky only to be on the bench.

If Forsyth gets stick from thecaway fans after netting he can  say “let’s have a look at the old scoreboard”. 

One for the teenagers. 

5 hours ago, Mardy Bum said:

think it would be unfair to start dropping players with a unbeaten streak. I would go for:

Westwood

hector

lees

thornley

Palmer

Lazaar

Hutch

Bannan

Reach

FF

Matias

Fletcher

Not sure you'd make a very good manager. That's 12 players!

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Hector Penney

Hutchinson Bannan

Onomah

Reach              Forestieri

Fletcher

I'd go with something like this long term. The addition of pace coming from the bench of Aarons, Joao and Lazaar in the second half could be key. There will also be games where they could easily start. One player I expect will flourish more with pace in the side is Fletcher. He's often isolated due to our lack of pace and support.

7 hours ago, Mardy Bum said:

think it would be unfair to start dropping players with a unbeaten streak. I would go for:

Westwood

hector

lees

thornley

Palmer

Lazaar

Hutch

Bannan

Reach

FF

Matias

Fletcher

Do you think the opposition will notice we have 12 players on the pitch . ?

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, brazilowl said:

That’s where we’ve been going wrong. We should play 12 instead of 11. 

At times it seems as though we have been playing against 12!