OFFICIAL: Iorfa Signs

38 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Palmer is one of the few players who came out of the Chelsea game with any credit so I dunno where you get that comment from. 

That said, we needed pace in that position and a bit more ability higher up the pitch, something Palmer doesn't bring. 

If Iorfa brings this then good, but I'll wait and see before I proclaim him a better option than Palmer. 

One thing having pace does is it allows us to play higher up the pitch. We have been far too deep, especially under Jos.

Yeah agreed. Palmer looked strong, quick and incisive against Chelsea. Impressive performance.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

Palmer is unreliable at RB. Against Chelsea he showed how bad his now is with a lacklustre performance where his stuttering and delays put us in trouble.

You must have watched a different game to me (and others I’ve spoken with) . He had a solid game. Incisive, strong and very focused on the job! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not really seen enough of him to make an informed judgement. 

From what I can nobody on here, plus what I've seen, seems like everyone (that remembers them) has had him down as a mix between Titus bramble and Jeremy Helan... Quite a sobering thought, but if Bruce can improve his faults could be a real asset. 

56 minutes ago, swfcjam said:

In his interview on the official site he claims to have been played out of position previously at right back and sees himself more off a centre half. If that’s the case we’re still short of a right back! 

Saw that, also heard Bruce talking about playing 3 at the back at hull. 

Curious, agree were still short a RWB if that's the case.

Sure we'll get some idea over the next few weeks, starting tomorrow.

Edited by striker

I thought we failed miserably trying to play 3 at the back.

However one reason was Lees playing on the right and not having enough mobility or ability to do it. So Iorfa on the right, Lees central and Hector left would improve it.

Similarly our wing backs were really full backs with little attacking threat so adding the pace of the two Newcastle lads as wing backs would make a big difference.

Interesting,.

13 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I thought we failed miserably trying to play 3 at the back.

However one reason was Lees playing on the right and not having enough mobility or ability to do it. So Iorfa on the right, Lees central and Hector left would improve it.

Similarly our wing backs were really full backs with little attacking threat so adding the pace of the two Newcastle lads as wing backs would make a big difference.

Interesting,.

And it was deployed and managed by a pillock who, thankfully, is no longer here!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

Saw that, also heard Bruce talking about playing 3 at the back at hull. 

Curious, agree were still short a RWB if that's the case.

Sure we'll get some idea over the next few weeks, starting tomorrow.

Think it's a positive he can play both positions. Bruce can have a look at Palmer and Baker and if he doesn't rate them he can try Iorfa. If he does rate them he can play Iorfa in a back 3. 

Then he can sign a CB or a RB in the summer when we have a clear out.

10 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

Yeah agreed. Palmer looked strong, quick and incisive against Chelsea. Impressive performance.

Incisive?

He played well - one of our best performers - but incisive is getting a bit carried away.

No surprise Brucie has brought in a right sided defender (or a left sided one, and a winger) immediately.