OFFICIAL: Rolando Aarons and Achraf Lazaar sign

I was quite baffled by these two signings at first but Aarons definitely makes sense - a pacy right winger to bring off the bench is exactly what we need.

Lazaar will be cover for left back until the end of the season now that Penney is out injured, he's getting nowhere near the Geordies' team so they might well think about letting him go for nothing in the summer. His contract may have two years left to run but I doubt they'd get any sort of fee for him, he was farmed out on loan at Benevento last season who finished bottom of Serie A.

14 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I was quite baffled by these two signings at first but Aarons definitely makes sense - a pacy right winger to bring off the bench is exactly what we need.

Lazaar will be cover for left back until the end of the season now that Penney is out injured, he's getting nowhere near the Geordies' team so they might well think about letting him go for nothing in the summer. His contract may have two years left to run but I doubt they'd get any sort of fee for him, he was farmed out on loan at Benevento last season who finished bottom of Serie A.

Both should be starting. Aarons is a very good player and should easily make our first eleven. His main problem is that he’s prone to injury.