Steve Bruce - Best appointment since Big Ron

My initial view of Bruce was lukewarm as I felt that, apart from his tenure at Hull, he had done an average job at his previous clubs. How wrong was I? He's a proper football man with a record that is second to none (in terms of realistic appointments) and is a brilliant signing that will hopefully take us back to the promised land.

4 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Bruce could,be then man to save us. The intangible variable is the little corporal who owns the club. If he interferes then Bruce will walk away as he did at Hull. 

Big Ron was one our best managers of all time. When we sacked him after he'd saved us from relegation, the club died in that moment. We sacked him when he did the unforgivable thing of asking for money and we sacked him to teach him a lesson for daring to leave when he'd guided us to promotion.

some things never change. We've always had megalomaniacs running the club since the 60s.

the football we played when Ron got us promoted was incredible.

bruce could be the man to save us. He will have laid down the law to the little corporal making it clear that interference equals exit.

Above all Steve Bruce is honest. That may not go down well with our owner, as he likes to have leverage over his staff. An honest man can be problem for people such as our owner. Why? Because they don't have a price and are above financial incentives as a means of being controlled

bruce as a massive job to do. Basically our team is third rate.,they aren't fit.mthey are overpaid. Don't try, and are used to getting away with being awful.

sadly Bruce can't get rid of many of our players as they are in silly overpaid long term deals. Rhodes will be back for two more years. Dobbin is her pe for a year. Jones and Abdi have at least one more year. The list is endless. Forestieri has three years left. He looks washed up.

the best two managers around are Bruce and Alladyce( who are available and affordable) the latter would,never manage under an owner like ours and he's not the man to get us up.

weve got the best that's available in Bruce. Sadly, Wednesday politics and the owners insatiable desire for power and control is an intangible variable.

Given a free role, as every manager should have, then there's no better man than Bruce. Unfortunately it's not that simple at Wednesday.

we shall see

The contracts of both Jones and Abdi are up in the summer, along with a lot of other deadwood. So Bruce will have the opportunity to reshape the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

I think it's going to take longer than that before we get promoted.

The playing squad is going to need major pruning and we are reportedly skint. It is perfectly possible to  build a quality team with very little money but it takes time. The alternative would be to sell our valuable assets to fund rebuilding but that presents a new problem, we could end up with some new quality players but it will take time to weld them into a proper team.

I'm very optimistic about our future, probably more so than even that first year under Carlos, but I think it's important to keep our feet on the ground and not build up expectations too much which could lead to frustration from the fans and calls for a change of manager.

I will be happy if it takes us 3 years to get promotion provided there are positive advances each year.

At the moment I'd be exstatic with that. 

We look as far off promotion as we did in 2014. 10 years away. 

6 hours ago, prowl said:

I think it's going to take longer than that before we get promoted.

The playing squad is going to need major pruning and we are reportedly skint. It is perfectly possible to  build a quality team with very little money but it takes time. The alternative would be to sell our valuable assets to fund rebuilding but that presents a new problem, we could end up with some new quality players but it will take time to weld them into a proper team.

I'm very optimistic about our future, probably more so than even that first year under Carlos, but I think it's important to keep our feet on the ground and not build up expectations too much which could lead to frustration from the fans and calls for a change of manager.

I will be happy if it takes us 3 years to get promotion provided there are positive advances each year.

Being in trouble with P&S doesn't equate to being skint. 

12 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

based on what ?

zero games in charge ? lol

Let's see how he gets on.
I certainly hope he will be....... but saying he is when he has  NO RESULTS RECORD.... is a tad optimisticlol

F.ook me..he's never lost a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno what folk want out of a manager these days.................

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, owls maniac said:

The contracts of both Jones and Abdi are up in the summer, along with a lot of other deadwood. So Bruce will have the opportunity to reshape the team. 

I think we should have a minutes applause for Abdi when his contract runs out.....................

Bruce comes across to me as a "proper" sorta bloke...A spades a spade etc...not a f.ookin' lobster nor a trawler throwin' fish to seagulls..or whatever..Its what we need .

If you look at the press conferences we had with Carlos, and Jos..yes at times it was amusing, but who in the name of f.ook understood them?

I mean..were the "Teamtalks " the same.....

can you imagine Jos shoutin' at Hutch...

"We need to put more lobsters on the fire...second half "

"Err...Ok boss..Lobsters was it ?"

WE lose to The Blades and Carlos takes a £20 note out..?

Yea we got the significance of what he was trying to say...It was still worth £20....but WE lost to The Blades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it coming together now?

Lets hope so..Lets also give it time..I know I'm the last f.ooker to ask for patience, cos ive gone mental when a new incumbent comes in and asks for patience...2 f.ookin' decades!!!!!!!!

We have waited a third of a f.ookin' lifespan near enough!

I'm simply sayine "A little time...."

Christmas eve it is then............. 

6 hours ago, owls maniac said:

I think that's one huge reason why he wanted to come here. I don't think such opportunities arise too often..

My opinion of Bruce is that he's the highest profile gaffer since Big Ron, and just to think how many years have already passed since then gives me the  :carlosswfc:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

I think that's one huge reason why he wanted to come here. I don't think such opportunities arise too often..

My opinion of Bruce is that he's the highest profile gaffer since Big Ron, and just to think how many years have already passed since then gives me the  :carlosswfc:

Exactly........its only every Chrismas eve....Steve lol

21 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Very true and with at least 50% of the league suffering from FFP issues come the summer it will make it a more level playing field. The fact we have a promising under 18 team will help too 

On 31/01/2019 at 16:46, Markowski77 said:

Most Excited I’ve been from a manager since the return of big Ron in 98!

Even from his press conference, and they way he talks give you a feeling we are in good hands

some of the crap we’ve had in between is unbelievable, Yorath, Irvine & Luhakay to name a few (list is endless) 

We have a football man, knows the game inside out. Sucessful, respected, knowledgeable and a winner

This is a game changer for us, Bruce wouldn’t have come if we were going to be a mid table team. Think this may be the dawn of a new era! 

Hopefully go on a good run, put a few thousand on the gate and get the ship ready for HMS pis* the league next year

WAWAW

Don't even need to read what you've put to +1, the title says it all.

Bags of experience in the English game and all the leagues.

Proven track record.

Loads of Contacts.

Won't be pushed around and will guide an inexperienced Chairman/owner

Been there and done it all himself and a leader of men.

Has already raised the profile of the club.

Oh, and a thoroughly decent bloke all round.

Welcome Steve Bruce, we're glad to have you and buzzing that you've finally started. Hope you're well physically and mentally.

• Like 4