Steve Bruce - Best appointment since Big Ron

PS. Once he stopped kicking Hirsty for a living and left dem Blades, I’ve increasingly warmed to Bruce’s honesty in interviews. Good eg was when Fessi was wrongly sent off at Hull and he expressed sympathy for CC and the club even though we were play off rivals. 

SB is a sound appointment but we have to give him time to revamp the squad and get us competitive again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

PS. Once he stopped kicking Hirsty for a living and left dem Blades, I’ve increasingly warmed to Bruce’s honesty in interviews. Good eg was when Fessi was wrongly sent off at Hull and he expressed sympathy for CC and the club even though we were play off rivals. 

SB is a sound appointment but we have to give him time to revamp the squad and get us competitive again. 

Time is what we definitely need to give him.

He is the best manager we could have possibly got in the Championship. No moaning if we loose the first match under his tenure. ;-)

• Like 1

We're going to have to be very patient with SB. Unlike Carlos he will have little to spend and even if he could, we're going to be in embargo for months. I struggle to see how we can become serious contenders against this backdrop. 

7 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Was anyone else as shallow as I was in that I never judged Yorath too harshly because his daughter was so gorgeous?

I'm with you.

How could he...

_1656506_yorath300.jpg.aa8a417cf978520e75e58a6205551e13.jpg

Spawn her...

gabby-logan.thumb.jpg.210c22fe8e32fc944ee439d952c44468.jpg

Terry Yorath will always make me think of the magic of human DNA.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Bruce could,be then man to save us. The intangible variable is the little corporal who owns the club. If he interferes then Bruce will walk away as he did at Hull. 

Big Ron was one our best managers of all time. When we sacked him after he'd saved us from relegation, the club died in that moment. We sacked him when he did the unforgivable thing of asking for money and we sacked him to teach him a lesson for daring to leave when he'd guided us to promotion.

some things never change. We've always had megalomaniacs running the club since the 60s.

the football we played when Ron got us promoted was incredible.

bruce could be the man to save us. He will have laid down the law to the little corporal making it clear that interference equals exit.

Above all Steve Bruce is honest. That may not go down well with our owner, as he likes to have leverage over his staff. An honest man can be problem for people such as our owner. Why? Because they don't have a price and are above financial incentives as a means of being controlled

bruce as a massive job to do. Basically our team is third rate.,they aren't fit.mthey are overpaid. Don't try, and are used to getting away with being awful.

sadly Bruce can't get rid of many of our players as they are in silly overpaid long term deals. Rhodes will be back for two more years. Dobbin is her pe for a year. Jones and Abdi have at least one more year. The list is endless. Forestieri has three years left. He looks washed up.

the best two managers around are Bruce and Alladyce( who are available and affordable) the latter would,never manage under an owner like ours and he's not the man to get us up.

weve got the best that's available in Bruce. Sadly, Wednesday politics and the owners insatiable desire for power and control is an intangible variable.

Given a free role, as every manager should have, then there's no better man than Bruce. Unfortunately it's not that simple at Wednesday.

we shall see

4 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Bruce could,be then man to save us. The intangible variable is the little corporal who owns the club. If he interferes then Bruce will walk away as he did at Hull. 

Big Ron was one our best managers of all time. When we sacked him after he'd saved us from relegation, the club died in that moment. We sacked him when he did the unforgivable thing of asking for money and we sacked him to teach him a lesson for daring to leave when he'd guided us to promotion.

some things never change. We've always had megalomaniacs running the club since the 60s.

bruce could be the man to save us. He will have laid down the law to the little corporal making it clear that interference equals exit.

Above all Steve Bruce is honest. That may not go down well with our owner, as he likes to have leverage over his staff. An honest man can be problem for people such as our owner. Why? Because they don't have a price and are above financial incentives as a means of being controlled

bruce as a massive job to do. Basically our team is third rate.,they aren't fit.mthey are overpaid. Don't try, and are used to getting away with being awful.

sadly Bruce can't get rid of many of our players as they are in silly overpaid long term deals. Rhodes will be back for two more years. Dobbin is her pe for a year. Jones and Abdi have at least one more year. The list is endless. Forestieri has three years left. He looks washed up.

the best two managers around are Bruce and Alladyce( who are available and affordable) the latter would,never manage under an owner like ours and he's not the man to get us up.

weve got the best that's available in Bruce. Sadly, Wednesday politics and the owners insatiable desire for power and control is an intangible variable.

Given a free role, as every manager should have, then there's no better man than Bruce. Unfortunately it's not that simple at Wednesday.

we shall see

Take it , you don’t like our chairman 

13 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

3 fast energetic players in already .... exactly what we need ..........Why oh why did we sign van aken... pelupessy etc 

Because of who was in charge I guess, at last we have someone who knows what they're doing, has character and balls.

42 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Carvalhal had too much. 

Yeah his was a bit self conscious, he just loved being int the spotlight. 

With Bruce its just who he is and also from being one of the most well known and respected names in the game 

Respect for Bruce one of the first things he did in a Newspaper article was visit Hooper and Kieran lee ,Just to see how they are ,Bruce said with the injury problems at the club is it the pitch ,Training ground or the medical staff .He is a players manager ,Players will work for this type of man.He comes across as a good Bloke ,Good luck Steve Bruce .

• Like 1

Very good appointment IMO, English manager, just what we need and I’m looking forward to see what we can achieve.

Just one word of caution; please let’s not have any over-hyped love-ins with the new manager and then bin him off when we lose a couple. Let’s try to excercise some patience and get behind the management and squad.

PS he’s not an owls fan, never has been, neither is his wife, or his family etc, etc. He will do a good job though.

17 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Most Excited I’ve been from a manager since the return of big Ron in 98!

Even from his press conference, and they way he talks give you a feeling we are in good hands

some of the crap we’ve had in between is unbelievable, Yorath, Irvine & Luhakay to name a few (list is endless) 

We have a football man, knows the game inside out. Sucessful, respected, knowledgeable and a winner

This is a game changer for us, Bruce wouldn’t have come if we were going to be a mid table team. Think this may be the dawn of a new era! 

Hopefully go on a good run, put a few thousand on the gate and get the ship ready for HMS pis* the league next year

WAWAW

I think it's going to take longer than that before we get promoted.

The playing squad is going to need major pruning and we are reportedly skint. It is perfectly possible to  build a quality team with very little money but it takes time. The alternative would be to sell our valuable assets to fund rebuilding but that presents a new problem, we could end up with some new quality players but it will take time to weld them into a proper team.

I'm very optimistic about our future, probably more so than even that first year under Carlos, but I think it's important to keep our feet on the ground and not build up expectations too much which could lead to frustration from the fans and calls for a change of manager.

I will be happy if it takes us 3 years to get promotion provided there are positive advances each year.

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

we shall see

DC isn't everyones cup of tea but he has put a lot of money into the club. It's taken time for him to learn what it takes but hopefully this appointment of Bruce is an indication he has listened and has finally seen the light. Let's cut him some slack.

DC might not be perfect but I believe he does want the best for the club and we could do much worse than have him as owner.