Markowski77

Steve Bruce - Best appointment since Big Ron

You mention Yorath. I often feel he is unfairly left out from discussion of who was our worst manager. Absolute basket case

• Agree 1
  • Haha 5

I too get the same feeling I did with BFR , Brucie will take no Shiitte and will open doors .

We are in for a ride .

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

43 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

some of the crap we’ve had in between is unbelievable, Yorath, Irvine & Luhakay to name a few (list is endless) 

You can only include Irvine in that list if you have as many coaching badges as he has

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I too get the same feeling I did with BFR , Brucie will take no Shiitte and will open doors .

We are in for a ride .

We finally have a manager who knows what it takes to get out of the championship . four promotions under his belt is some record. 

• Agree 3

It’s just the novelty of having some one English with a bit of charisma and likability, it’s been a long time.

Edited by sheffsteel
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, we all knew an experienced Championship manager was needed.

We provided Mr C with the spec. 

Pat yourselves on the back.

• Agree 3

My old fella is a scout and he ended up in a box with Bruce while he was at Hull a bit back. Said his knowledge of the game is unbelievable. He was firing off names of under-18s from Prem sides next to non-league players who have potential. If he's allowed to sign players on his own terms we're in good hands.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 fast energetic players in already .... exactly what we need ..........Why oh why did we sign van aken... pelupessy etc 

• Agree 4

I agree. I posted the same earlier.

He is the first manager we've had since Ron who has that charisma you need for a club like this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Bruce has achieved almost everything as a player . His managerial credentials in the championship are second to none.

What else could we ask for?

When he gets us to the premiership then that's when his capabilities will be judged.

At the present time I believe we have the best manager in the championship 

Steve Bruce's Barmy Army.

If not this season then next season we are on our way back to the premiership.

lol

Don’t want to give it the kiss of death, but I tend to agree with the OP that Bruce is the best appointment since Big Ron.  If things don’t go according to the script straight away, I just hope the club and fans afford the same patience we gave Big Ron.  Steve Bruce obviously knows the game inside out, but more than that he comes across as a top no nonsense type bloke.  Let’s hope he can knock the squad into shape and get some belief back into the club. Onwards and upwards!

• Agree 1

at least we"ll be able to understand the press conferences

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I like his honesty. The way he talks is very genuine. I’m not sure some of our fans will understand it but it’s an attribute 

I don’t believe we could’ve got anyone better for where we are as a club now. If indeed he does takes us back to the Prem then he has experience of managing there too. This could well be his last managerial job and I think the determination is there to retire on a high which if he achieves what we all want, he most certainly will lol

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Time will tell 

This exactly. I remember being quite excited the last time we got an experienced English manager in, his name was David Pleat- need I say more?

Not getting excited or down by this appointment, it does appear to be just what we need but we'll have to wait and see.

Someone has to finally get us back to the PL, I'm just not certain with what's happening with FFP if we are going to be competitive in the near future. 

Hope so though and as with every new manager wish him good luck.

Edited by OWL1969

Lets just wait and see and hopefully enjoy the ride

Everyone knows how bipolar wednesday fans can get

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

It’s just the novelty of having some one English with a bit of charisma and likability, it’s been a long time.

He's not that likeable, he used to play for Man Utd and also used to manage your lot.